Films & Series Only Fools and Horses prequel?

Alma

nature's sweet success
Reaction score
The Prequel "Once upon a time in Peckham"
Only Fools and Horses Star David Jason has given hint to a possible comeback for Only Fools as a Prequel.
For many years rumours have been heard of Sullivan writing a sequel.

So what is actually known?

Well apart from it being confirmed that it is in writting very little.

It is based in the 1960's and Del is a Mod teenager.

According to the Sun on 29th November 2006:

STONE me, Rodders! Telly favourite Sir David Jason is set to return to Only Fools And Horses in the long-awaited prequel.

Show creator John Sullivan has finally started work on the series charting Del's early life and Sir David has hinted he will make a guest appearance.

He could play a present-day Del Boy in flash-forward scenes or even an elderly relative like Grandad.
A source close to John said yesterday: "They've really laid Only Fools to rest, but John's had a twinkle in his eye about the prequel for a few years now."

John has been busy working on Only Fools spin-off The Green, Green Grass, but has already started planning for Once Upon A Time In Peckham.

A TV insider said: "David is extremely fond of Del Boy and John Sullivan.
"He's made it clear he would like to take a cheeky part in any future comedy.
"He could be an aged relative or Del Boy now in any flash-forward scenes."
So we have decided to guess on how things might be.

When asked about plans for an Only Fools reunion, Sir David, 66, said: "Ah, you'll have to ask John Sullivan about that."

And asked if he was keen to return as Del Boy, he beamed: "I'm afraid I can't speak about that yet."
Last night, a BBC insider said: "We're looking forward to seeing the scripts."

taken from http://www.ofah.net/immediacy-411

one of the best European comedy could actually have a sequel.. oops.. prequel...?

well, I am big fan of this show, of course, but I'm not sure what to think about this... but lets wait and see! maybe it could be really good!

any opinions?

Me the patriotic American that I am, I'm biased towards British TV (if that makes any sense). In other, being that OFAH is a British sit-com, this sequel (or prequel?) has far greater potential than an American sequel or version of the show would be. If the U.S. attempted a version of OFAH (a show I personally enjoy), I wouldn't give it the time of day.

Me the patriotic American that I am, I'm biased towards British TV (if that makes any sense). In other, being that OFAH is a British sit-com, this sequel (or prequel?) has far greater potential than an American sequel or version of the show would be. If the U.S. attempted a version of OFAH (a show I personally enjoy), I wouldn't give it the time of day.

I agree Rod,

It is kind of insulting to notice how much more taste European television has compared to the money hungry tactics in our own country. Give me some Fawlty Towers...

This thread has been viewed 8872 times.

Back