Is beer a working class drink ?

In my opinion is just a "Class Drink". I love beer from lots of countries, primarly Belgium, Germany, and some others from USA and Spain (Craft).

I use to drink beer only in summer, just a bottle a day (500ml). All year round I use to drink wine (300 ml per day).
The tendency to regard beer as a working class drink, I think that relates to its higher needs for liquids. Add the effect of alcohol which beer contains.

I just like the Spanish and very cold beer, now just take it without alcohol and from time to time, I do not and do not know what class is associated, perhaps a few decades ago was considered a drink of the working class, but today I think not.

well I never bean in Belgium

but I was lucky cause a friend knew a brew maker in Belgium and he order enough fresh and brought in france when i was there,
orange smell beer
fresh beer is a to tottaly different

I like also some chech beers Pilsener, and the greek Fix which is a unique beer in taste due to the yeast, but you have to drink fresh and at least in 15 minutes after open bottle, after the 30 min is .... bliach

Last edited:
Sounds good the Greek one. I'll try if travel to Greace again.

I was in Prague and in a restaurant they served me a beer to temperature ambience, he could not believe it, in other bars they were serving it cold, certainly they received from me in the airport 22`85 € for two coffees.

Well.. In some Eastern European countries they still don't know how trade works.
I have been in Poland in the 1990's and pilzner (lager) was sold trough a hatch, no chairs and tables available.
Sold in tin cans.. I guess they learned a lot by now...

I met a Dad's friend who is an ex Military Officer. Apparently he doesn't drink anything below scotch. According to him Rum and Beer is for civilians and averages, i don't know what he meant by civilians though.

Where I am from there are so many different types, by no means is it a working class drink. However, yeah, there are some dirt cheap low quality malt liquor style brands which you might avoid.

No beer - no party :D

But, really there are occasions when everybody drinks beer. Like football matches, but then again, football is working class festival...

I was drinking it in Prague,Munich. Respecting the tradition, hihi.

No beer - no party :D

But, really there are occasions when everybody drinks beer. Like football matches, but then again, football is working class festival...

I was drinking it in Prague,Munich. Respecting the tradition, hihi.

Thats the right attitude; Always go for local Breweries;
But i hope you werent drinking Munich beer during Oktoberfest; Started today and they are charging around 9.40Euros a Maß this year; 2 Maß costs more money than an entire Augustiner kasten 20x 0.5l (10 Maß); completely crazy;

Thats the right attitude; Always go for local Breweries;
But i hope you werent drinking Munich beer during Oktoberfest; Started today and they are charging around 9.40Euros a Maß this year; 2 Maß costs more money than an entire Augustiner kasten 20x 0.5l (10 Maß); completely crazy;

I was in Munich during the August this year :cool-v:

This thread has been viewed 40997 times.

Back