Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Global warming, where are we heading to ?

Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 21%, Points required for next Level: 553
    Overall activity: 6.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L48+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    English

Between the impact of the human race (unsustainable consumption of the Earth's resources) and natural cycles, the planet will be very different by the end of the century. I think our generations will have little to be proud of in hindsight.

Junior Member Achievements:
    3 months registered

Science survives by doing an experiment and then repeating that experiment over and over and over again and obtaining the same results. That's why we believe our scientists when they tell us many, many, many things. We trust they have spent a lifetime proving that what they are telling us is scientific evidence.

Mr. Jones told Mr. Mann: “If they ever hear there is a Freedom of Information Act now in the UK, I think I’ll delete the file rather than send to anyone” and, “We also have a data protection act, which I will hide behind.”

Mr. Jones further urged Mr. Mann to join him in deleting e-mail exchanges about the Intergovernmental Panel on Climate Change’s (IPCC) controversial assessment report (ARA): “Can you delete any emails you may have had with Keith re [the IPCC's Fourth Assessment Report]?”

Another professor at the Climate Research Unit, Tim Osborn, discussed in e-mails how truncating a data series can hide a cooling trend that otherwise would be seen in the results. Mr. Mann sent Mr. Osborn an e-mail saying that the results he was sending shouldn’t be shown to others because the data support critics of global warming.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

It's easy for me to believe that there are dishonest and biased scientists pushing their own agenda any way they can. It's much harder to believe how easily public, politicians, many scientists are duped by "green agenda" based on incomplete data, alarmist politics, and mass-media that thrives on selling bad news mostly.
    Climate is so complicated and we just started understanding it, that it will take many more years of research, data verification, and best scientific minds to analyze it well.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Just read the whole thread. Maciamo, looks like you were a bit paranoid about global warming 3 year ago. I hope you had time to read the other side of the story.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

I'm surprised, a little, at the large impact illegal immigration to America and the west in general could be having on global warming. As an example, a Mexican working in America is likely to produce 4 times the amount of green houses gases, verses if he/she had stayed home. Makes one wonder if immigration is a topic that needs to be seriously addressed when it comes to global warming.

Carbon Emissions and Immigration Reduction
    http://isteve.blogspot.com/2010/08/c...migration.html

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Even better, all US should go to Mexico and cut carbon emission by 80%. Now, this would really make a difference.

What if in generation or 50 years from now Mexican CO2 per capita is higher than in States? You open the borders to Mexicans to save the planet, right?

I'd like to joke around but what border?

Junior Member Achievements:
    7 days registered100 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 60%, Points required for next Level: 40

Quote Originally Posted by Chris View Post
    Between the impact of the human race (unsustainable consumption of the Earth's resources) and natural cycles, the planet will be very different by the end of the century. I think our generations will have little to be proud of in hindsight.

We are reaching on the alarming state of global warming and we are Absolutely responsible for it.I think we need to plant more trees in our Environment to reduce the global warming. Thus we can see our planet in Some good condition. But here is need of mutual corporation on the same Cause.

Three FriendsTagger Second ClassVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 22%, Points required for next Level: 547
    Overall activity: 1.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-U152-Z56-BY3957
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c7a

Ethnic group
    15/32 British, 5/32 German, 9/64 Irish, 1/8 Scots Gaelic, 5/64 French, 1/32 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Ma Cherie View Post
    I do believe we're headed in a direction where small children will know what an iceberg is when they grow up.

lol, I've seen icebergs in Veggietales as a kid. There are ways for us 90's kids to figure out these sorts of things when little. In all seriousness, my Step-Dad's tribe has taken a hard hit also leading the Shoulwaterbay tribe to be creamed leading to stuff life cancer, so yes us Native tribes are getting affected also.

1 year registeredTagger Second Class1000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 16%, Points required for next Level: 254
    Overall activity: 5.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    D2a1b
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H2a4

Ethnic group
    Australian/Irish/European

IMO, what we're currently seeing could be the result of a combination of things. There isn't much doubt that so called greenhouse gasses are impacting on the earths ozone layer, helped along by the destruction of millions of hectares of natural forest. But no one seems to want to talk about the movement of earth Tectonic Plates. The one on which Australia is situated is apparently moving in a north easterly direction at about 7cm per year (at least I think it was per year). This being the case, in time all of the Tectonic Plates will move to accommodate each other, causing earth quakes and volcanic eruptions. It stands to reason that some plates which currently house the coldest areas on earth are likely to move south and become warmer etc. Of course this will mean the extinction of many species, but also some will adapt, and new ones will be created.

Advisor Achievements:
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Quote Originally Posted by toyomotor View Post
    Of course this will mean the extinction of many species, but also some will adapt, and new ones will be created.
    Yep, pretty much a history of earth again and again. Life is ever changing.

Level
    Level completed: 9%, Points required for next Level: 275

Everybody talk about global warming.

That is not the biggest problem for humanity, because the man always has adapted his life.

But what is about the pure oxygen, which every day disappear from breath air when we produce CO2 ?

Every day are more machines and people that consume O2 and less trees that produces oxygen.

The earth can be with CO2 and without O2 that is not a problem, but not the man and a lot of animals.

We are about 7,180,100,00 people worldwide and every year we are 80,000,000 more.

Are there enough breath air for everybody, if we produce so much CO2 ?

How much is enough? How much per cent we need for breathe before we get sick or die?
    Last edited by mani; 09-11-13 at 16:10. Reason: mistakes

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    It's easy for me to believe that there are dishonest and biased scientists pushing their own agenda any way they can. It's much harder to believe how easily public, politicians, many scientists are duped by "green agenda" based on incomplete data, alarmist politics, and mass-media that thrives on selling bad news mostly.
    Climate is so complicated and we just started understanding it, that it will take many more years of research, data verification, and best scientific minds to analyze it well.
    It's not their own agenda, these scientist are following government policy. Government wants the story line to be A, so they play tricks with number to show A. I hate to call these people scientist, it's really more of a social science at this point. Global warming has become voodoo science.

Level
    Level completed: 19%, Points required for next Level: 243
    Overall activity: 8.0%

Nothing usual is happening with the climate, the only disturbing pattern is that we are headed for a massive cooling related to a very weak phase in the solar cycles. The question is, with cold climate ahead(less food) why is Europe being flooded with barbarians?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12