Jean Michel Jarre

Mycernius

The Hairy Wookie
Reaction score
Ethnic group
English
Are there any JMJ fans out in Eupedialand?
A big fan myself and thought why not start a thread on him. Plus the fact he has just released a new album called Teo and Tea. To those unfamiliar to his work this album might sound very techno inspired, but consider that he has been going for over 30 years, I'd say he was one of those who was techno before the phrase came into use. Listen to his Equinox album, early 70s, (IMHO the best one he ever did) and you will know what I mean.
Okay, I will admit some of his work can be strange to say the least, but he is by far one of the most consistantly good artists out there. Not bad for a Frenchman ;)

I used to like synthesizer music about 15 years ago, including J-M Jarre, but I have not listened to any for a long time (or to any other music that is not classical, to tell the truth).

I have listened to most of Teo and Tea, and i have to say i like it a lot! :cool:
must get hold of some of his earlier work. :)

For me Jean Michel Jarre's music is a kind of lullabies :) , 'cause in my childhood his melodies were used as background music in different TV programs shown by some Russian channels. Long after, I'd discovered whose music so strongly associates with that good old time. :)

Great music. He was way ahead of his time, Oxygene (all parts) is an amazing composition.

Excellent all around.

i used to listen his magnificent "Fourth Rendez Vous" in the 80s when i was a little kid

This thread has been viewed 11104 times.

Back