If you could live anywhere in the world, where would you go ?

Maciamo

Veteran member
Admin
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Italo-celto-germanic
Imagine that you are fed up with your life where you live at the moment and need change. Or that you have won the lottery and can afford to live in the place of your dreams. Or that some unfortunate events force you to leave your place of residence. Or any other reason that would make you want to move.

The world is yours, you do not have to worry about visas, job or money. Where would you choose to live ? Which continent, which country, which city ?

Hmmm, that's really hard, because I haven't been to many places. :( At least, not to live for anywhere near long enough to be able to tell whether I'd like to live there near-permanently. I mean, going on holiday is obviously a lot different from being 'stuck' somewhere for ever, and I'm sure many places that seem really idyllic would certainly have their down-sides!

I'd probably end up settling in the highlands of Scotland. :p (Although only if my lottery money would run to a private helicopter, so I could still have a social life up and down the UK! :giggle: )

Before settling down permanently in my gothic mansion on the edge of an isolated loch, though, I'd like to pay extended visits to France, Italy, Switzerland, Hungary, Latvia, Arizona and Sri Lanka. :)

I am far too old now, but if I could do it all over again, I would really love to live in France. Normandy has stolen my heart.

Imagine that you are fed up with your life where you live at the moment and need change.

:( unfortunately I do not need to imagine that. it is actually just a couple of my dearest people that holding me here and making my leaving soon extremely hard. :(
i am actually moving to japan in couple of months, for few years.

anyway, I would love to live anywhere in Europe. UK, Italy, France, Austria...oh and Spain of course... and not just big cities... everywhere... eh

Imagine that you are fed up with your life where you live at the moment and need change. Or that you have won the lottery and can afford to live in the place of your dreams. Or that some unfortunate events force you to leave your place of residence. Or any other reason that would make you want to move.

The world is yours, you do not have to worry about visas, job or money. Where would you choose to live ? Which continent, which country, which city ?

If I were fed up with life in Kansas City I would move in a heartbeat if I won the lottery. There's no upward mobility in KC, and I know that when I finish graduate school I'm leaving KC to find another job elsewhere.

I would love to live in several parts of Europe, like Venice, Italy and Nice, France. Maybe somewhere in the Netherlands. I would love to live in London because it's a very diverse city. If I could live in Asia, I would move to Hong Kong or a city in Japan, probably Osaka. I would even enjoy living in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai in particular. There's a lot of places I would choose to live.

I would love to live in several parts of Europe, like Venice, Italy and Nice, France. Maybe somewhere in the Netherlands. I would love to live in London because it's a very diverse city. If I could live in Asia, I would move to Hong Kong or a city in Japan, probably Osaka. I would even enjoy living in the United Arab Emirates, Dubai in particular. There's a lot of places I would choose to live.

Totally agree!!! :D

Same country (England) - but more rural.

I would return home to Spain. I would also consider the Azores Islands, Iceland, Ireland, Southwest France, or Norway.

Other attractive places include the American Pacific Northwest (Canadian Southwest) and Santa Catarina in Brazil.

Buy a house, Villa, flat, studio or apartments and get residence permit in Macedonia, Europe
Make business in Macedonia and get over 650milion potential European clients.
We can offer also Commercial properties for sale or rent for you business.
Macedonia, beautiful country in Europe, Skopje capitol city, Ohrid - oldest city in Europe with 365 churches and Fortress, Museums, Cafe bars and Restaurants (with Macedonian traditional and International food), Natural parks and Ski Resorts lot of activities, lake summer resorts, Mountain tourism, Rural tourism, Horse riding, Hiking, Rock climbing, Paragliding, Mountain biking, Football, Basket ball, Tennis, Monasteries, Hunting, Culinary, Eco tourism, Kayak and rafting, Speleological tour in deepest underwater cave in The World, Skiing, Boarding, Lake Tourism, Swimming, Wine Tourism, SPA Tourism, Cultural tourism, Museums, Antic cities, Fortresses, Beer Festivals, Religious tourism, Mountaineering, Mountain biking, Horseback Riding, fishing, Han gliding /Paragliding, Walking.

Buy a house, studio or apartments and get residency in Macedonia, Europe
Welcome to live in Macedonia, country with lowest living costs in Europe.
Sun country with 2,400sunny hours per year and low living costs Paradise.
We can offer all type of Villas, Town Houses, Studios and Apartments in Macedonia.
For more information's please contact us;

I live in the Skåneland (aka Scania). Skåneland consist of the four provinces Skåne, Halland, Blekinge and Bornholm. Skåne, Halland and Blekinge belong to Sweden. Bornholm belongs to Denmark. We want to have our own nation. We are not Swedes or Danes. I don't want to live in Skåneland because we don't have our own nation. There are many wonderful places around the world. I will probably move to the US in the future.

1. Amsterdam, The Netherlands
2. The Hague, The Netherlands
3. London (City of Westminster), United Kingdom
4. Inverness, United Kingdom
5. Aberdeen, United Kingdom
6. Edinburgh, United Kingdom
7. Glasgow, United Kingdom
8. Reykjavik, Iceland
9. Vienna, Austria
10. Prague, Czech Republic
11. Montpelier, Vermont, United States
12. Geneva, Switzerland

If i could live anywhere in world maybe I choose to live in South America. Well maybe Brazil.. Facts about Brazil they have the best destinations in the world RIO, they amazing beaches, and they have great carnivals... Plus they have the world’s best and most delicious coffee.

Scotland. Probably Glasgow.

Scotland. Probably Glasgow.

Great choice!(y) Once you've been I'd recommend, Bagdad, Tehran, Monrovia, Pyongyang and than maybe the depths of hell itself.:grin:

I would like to live on the Isle of Lewis, Scotland. That was the main reason I began learning Gáidhlig.
One down point is I have a low body temperature and Lewis is even colder than N.Ireland but I still like the thought of it nonetheless.

Great choice!(y) Once you've been I'd recommend, Bagdad, Tehran, Monrovia, Pyongyang and than maybe the depths of hell itself.:grin:

Tee hee hee. When I received the e-mail with your message, before logging in, I knew you would be a Scot! Been there a number of times. Love your country. On my way back in May. I'm heading straight to Hell, Jr...ooppss, I mean Glasgow. A'll pit up a wird for ye luv! :LOL:

Colorado, United States of America.

Somewhere in the mountains.

I think I would have gone to some other place in Europe, perhaps to a small village in Italy or France, where it is not so freezing cold in winter. :)

I think I would have gone to some other place in Europe, perhaps to a small village in Italy or France, where it is not so freezing cold in winter. :)
I'm with ya!

This thread has been viewed 71775 times.

Back