Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 176

Thread: What characterises people with high IQ's ?

  1. #51
    Regular Member Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    14-10-11
    Posts
    1,048
    Points
    9,076
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,076, Level: 28
    Level completed: 55%, Points required for next Level: 274
    Overall activity: 13.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    Yes
    MtDNA haplogroup
    Yes

    Ethnic group
    German
    Country: Germany





    Quote Originally Posted by nziebart View Post
    They care less because they quickly realize that what other people think is irrelevant and usually wrong. Even if other people praise them for something, it doesn't matter if they aren't happy with it themselves already. The opposite is also true; if criticized, they will assume the validity of their own opinion over that of the criticizer.
    Sorry, I should have said "some" instead of "they". I just wanted to add, that some of them started being intelligent when they understood that they are not dumb. Also one can not tell easily from outside whether his self esteem is based on true intellectual achievement or just on the believe in it. Yet in both cases, a healthy confidence is a strong booster of intelligence.
    EDIT: Someone who believes to be intelligent is more motivated to engage in intellectual activities. This in turn soon results in actually strengthened intelligence, ... and so forth.

    You learn from experience that going based on what other people say doesn't work reliably, so you stop doing it.
    Yes, but it often requires a certain minimum age and enough opportunities in order to earn such experience. Therefore gifted children often perform poorly at school, but later perform above average. Take Einstein for example.

  2. #52
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    28-01-12
    Posts
    1


    Country: USA - Ohio



    I think many first time posters have found this thread because they have no role model to look up to and have only to turn to the internet. I felt a sudden rush of understanding when a read the message of OP. It was like i could finally put words to the thoughts that stood on the tip of my tongue. Some stories I now put forth in the hopes that they may help someone in a similar place as I. Below I have recounted some of my experiences in the hopes they may help others.

    -Throughout grade school I felt like my teachers were more like peers than my fellow students. Though this was often disjointed and ill fitting.

    -As I approached highschool I grew bored in class and generally slept.

    -I wanted to experiment with pyrotechnics as my uncle did in his childhood. I looked at a periodic table to try to figure out the weight ratio of chemicals. I saw the numbers for molecular weight and that was all I had to see to understand the concept of moles and the like.

    -Once in college I had an evergrowing dislike for classes like biology. I knew nearly every concept, however I never felt a need to learn the seemingly random names given to many things. This angered me as I felt I had received the knowledge sent to me, however felt like other things were much more important than the seemingly arbitrary names attached.

    -during the third quarter of organic chemistry I skipped the last four weeks of class as it was a purely lecture class. I then studied the book for ~10 hours the night before the final exam. I received a B on the exam and class, which was well above the standardized average of 70%(a C- or 1.86 gpa). It was as if cramming before a test was best. I could learn best if i just immersed my self completely in the subjects.

    -I had a long distance girlfriend from the end of high school for around 2 years thereafter. The childish and blind desire to be able to visit here focused my mind like a razor blade. I sought to make a discovery to gain wealth enough to be with her. The subject I attacked was chemistry. I gained a position researching in an organic chemistry lab, even though I had barely any experience. Within a handful of months I began having to make the best decision to back down from the knowledge I had gained, because I had surpassed the chemistry professor advising me. Even now my mind is still filled with the probable structure of compounds that are molded after proteinacious catalysts, though in a less fragile form.

    -after the breakup of the girlfriend I was saddened far more than I should have been. I had clung to the hope of her and the life I wished for. No reason to grasp upon it, besides it being the only future and drive I could find. After its loss, I learned much and I eventually grew to believe the inner workings of the brain were purely cause and effect. I also began to trust my thoughts and what chances of occurring I deemed. It became apparent emotions cloud the thoughts, obscuring the truth. With this revaluation, I began to experience the most terrible and horrifying experience I have yet to encounter. It was not a deep sadness, depression, or pain. But a complete lack thereof. It was an all encompassing apathy, the most sinister of traps I could lead my mind into. For in those moments I felt absolutely no desire to do anything and any energy within me felt like it would rip me apart. It was the most extreme of discomforts I have ever felt. I thought about ending my life and putting an end to the torment; but for all the discomfort I felt, I saw no reason to do so. Likewise, I knew that being with certain people would lift the grey, but I saw no point. The only way to free my self was to force my self forward with the smallest and weakest outermost parts of my mind.

    -Lastly I have "found" what I think is the true essence of religion. I walked one night, feeling the pain as my kidneys failed me. I stopped at a bench and asked to the world, "god, give me a sign". Nothing caught my interest, but then I realized the god created the world and that everything I looked at was a sign. I then realized that the only true way to "find god" was to stop looking. For it was I who had lost god in my search for god. I then thought of the arrogance of people who would climb mountains to write down gods words or those people who would cross nations, slaughtering and subjugating many to bring god to them. I realized it was the closed minded thought of people that god was not already with all people, that going to the top of a desolate mountain(away from gods most intricate workings) to find god, and that god was not open to every one. I last realized that the only way to "find" god was to go on the journey your self. Nothing any person could do, would change it until it was truly time for it to occur.

  3. #53
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran5000 Experience Points

    Join Date
    26-10-11
    Location
    Prishtinë, Kosovo
    Posts
    400
    Points
    9,046
    Level
    28
    Points: 9,046, Level: 28
    Level completed: 50%, Points required for next Level: 304
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E1b1b1a2*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c3

    Ethnic group
    Kosovar-Albanian
    Country: Kosovo



    IQ vs EQ - Left brain hemisphere vs Right brain hemisphere - Digital vs Analog

    All humans (biologically healthy) have two brain hemispheres that are meant to be utilized. However there are always cases when a person is putting at work exclusively the left brain and these are the cases with the high IQ, and unfortunately high IQ does not equal success in life. Left brain is a digital brain, that sees pieces in everything, sees a tree not the forest. Digital brains are like computers/robots, working bit by bit but do not understand the wholeness.

    On the other hand, right brain thinkers will always miss to see the details, but can understand the wholeness. Analog brain can sense the wholeness and the oneness in the universe. Cannot explain it for the digital world, something the quantum physics is now trying to explain, but it is very hard since we need the middle approach (using both brain hemispheres).

    This scientist explains it wonderfully: Jill Bolte Taylor on Stroke of Insight, TED talks.

    Enjoy

  4. #54
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    14-02-12
    Posts
    9


    Country: USA - Florida



    I read this post from an online search. It resonated with me. I wanted to contact some of the posters privately. Apparently there is no way to private message anyone on this forum. I have no interest in "bragging" about intelligence. I just wanted to contact people similar to me because I believe I have some projects and some insight that would be useful to them and myself as well. I can't do that because this is the only forum I have found where personal messages are not possible (maybe I just don't see how to do it??). So this is why I'm posting. Please enable private messaging.

    I also hate to simply throw out a link or something that makes me look like I'm advertising or something, I'm not. I just don't want to give my personal e-mail here either. I have no way for others to contact me on this forum.

    I have some things I really want to say to some people and I can't.

    At best I can ask- please can you enable some form of private messaging?

    All I can say is

    1) if you are looking for some ideas of how to use intelligence to make money I have a group project that may be of use.
    2) you see obvious solutions to social problems and would like to work in a team to implement these, I have a project for that
    3) you would like to connect with people who have similar personality traits as listed in the original post, I have a project for that
    4) I really wish I didn't need to put this in the public because I don't like people who simply are jealous or offended whenever someone else is accomplishing something. I have no interest in "proving" anything to anybody. I'm not posting this for people who don't agree, I'm simply directing this at people who have an interest in this sort of thing:

    *** oops sorry I must have ten post in order to post links*** I would say contact me but I can't do that. I'm not really sure what to do maybe I can hang around on here and in a few weeks be able to actually find some way in hell that I can contact others on here.

  5. #55
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    14-02-12
    Posts
    9


    Country: USA - Florida



    ok I don't see a button where I can edit my post either. All I can say is look at my profile *wink*

  6. #56
    aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Mzungu mchagga's Avatar
    Join Date
    13-09-10
    Location
    Berlin
    Posts
    638
    Points
    12,109
    Level
    33
    Points: 12,109, Level: 33
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 6.0%


    Country: Germany



    I just typed the words "high intelligence character" in google, and this thread appeared on third place! Now that explains something!

  7. #57
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    14-02-12
    Posts
    9


    Country: USA - Florida



    It's not the fact that this popped up on a google search. It's that the original post describes me with about 99% accuracy, which is really strange. I never thought I conformed to any pre-fab stereotype before.

  8. #58
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    I think intelligence encourages ones self belief ..however one can become arrogant because of it.

  9. #59
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered500 Experience Points

    Join Date
    07-11-11
    Location
    Somewhere in Spain
    Posts
    139

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b

    Ethnic group
    Spanish (from Spain of course, not Mexican and such)
    Country: Spain - Andorra



    I think that arrogance is not symptom of intelligence. Intelligent people are usually humble. Only insecure bimbos need to be arrogant. It's pretty much like dogs, the smaller and inoffensive they are, the more they bark.

  10. #60
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    But do you not think that some intelligent people become arrogant because of the success their said intelligence has afforded them and in some cases see only their own point as absolute and unflawed..this is the "arrogance" I am speaking of. Of course this is not the wider rule for intelligent people.

  11. #61
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    I can see that hope. Hi IQ can create a feeling of superiority in some people, and they will become more arrogant than they would be otherwise. One would need this "genetic" predisposition of arrogance at first.
    Franco is right too, if someone is a nice person, was born a nice person, then he/she will stay nice even when highly intelligent.

  12. #62
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Yes, I suppose some of these people are vain or arrogant in the first place and it because their intelligence brings them to our attention we then notice it.

  13. #63
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    26-02-12
    Posts
    1


    Country: United States



    Random IQ Info

    Hello, I felt compelled to jot a few comments based on all the things I've read here on this subject.

    I first found out about my IQ when I had to enlist in the US Navy. It was the highest score they ever recorded at the time. Just want to mention that because ultimately, I ended up running the psychology dept. of the US Navy's 12 Naval district which is the entire Western US.

    I have given hundreds of IQ tests. My observation is that I'd rather not known my IQ, because I was treated like someone special. It made me somewhat arrogant for quite some time.

    As for the job issue....best jobs for high IQ are professional or self-employed. Granted there are high IQ policemen, gardeners, and so forth who love their jobs. I am making a broad generalization for most high IQ people.

    Sidebar: if you are aware of the Rorshach 'ink blot' test, I can tell you that schizonephrenic people and high IQ people see the most images in any given ink blot. I'm guessing that's where the phrase about genius and insanity being close could have come from!

    Bright people are just born that way. Just like blue eyed people. No better, no worse. If you are bright and impatient with others, I would suggest that you learn patience w/others and continue to live your impatient life the way you want on your own. You are not better. And the world could use some sociable, brilliant people with ethics.

    As for the occupation with the highest IQ? Military Generals.

    Best, LT

  14. #64
    Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    891
    Points
    6,887
    Level
    24
    Points: 6,887, Level: 24
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post

    Because IQ is so intricately linked to male hormones, it is normal to see a correlation between very high IQ and masculine social behaviour.
    During my years in academia (in the Netherlands and Sweden) I was surrounded by super-smart people but hardly any of them could be considered as masculine. 99% of them could be the best described as 'wimps' :)

  15. #65
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    19-06-11
    Posts
    100
    Points
    2,421
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,421, Level: 13
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany - Hamburg



    0 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Kardu View Post
    During my years in academia (in the Netherlands and Sweden) I was surrounded by super-smart people but hardly any of them could be considered as masculine. 99% of them could be the best described as 'wimps' :)

    Thats because blond germanic men arent usually as agressive as the darker people, they dont have that inner insecurity to prove how masculine they are by appearing threatening/agressive at first sight. You see that in more unprogressive countries like Serbia, Italy,etc or even the UK/Ireland (the meds of northern europe by behavior and looks).

  16. #66
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesOverdriveVeteran5000 Experience Points
    L.D.Brousse's Avatar
    Join Date
    08-03-12
    Posts
    143
    Points
    8,028
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,028, Level: 26
    Level completed: 80%, Points required for next Level: 122
    Overall activity: 10.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1a2a1a1b5aSry2627
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b

    Ethnic group
    European
    Country: USA - Indiana



    2 out of 2 members found this post helpful.
    That is insane Radek. Like Nazi propaganda of years past. Your German I'm part German you Know for a fact the majority of the population of Germany are not Blond. My neighbor who was from a German family spoke it fluently fought in ww2. Was a interpreter He said he saw all the Nazi propaganda of the " Super Men" and when they started capturing Germans he said he was shocked he thought they would all look like the poster but instead most were ugly short guys Radek I suggest you get your DNA checked And see the facts The UK is loaded with German Nordic DNA All Europe is a mix Hitler's male Y DNA line has been checked he was a E1b1b hardly what you would call a "Germanic" Super Man Hyplotype. Even if you have a Germanic haplotype the does not mean you don't have a shit load on Non German autosomal DNA

  17. #67
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Tagger Second Class1000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    19-06-11
    Posts
    100
    Points
    2,421
    Level
    13
    Points: 2,421, Level: 13
    Level completed: 91%, Points required for next Level: 29
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Germany - Hamburg



    Quote Originally Posted by L.D.Brousse View Post
    That is insane Radek. Like Nazi propaganda of years past. Your German I'm part German you Know for a fact the majority of the population of Germany are not Blond. My neighbor who was from a German family spoke it fluently fought in ww2. Was a interpreter He said he saw all the Nazi propaganda of the " Super Men" and when they started capturing Germans he said he was shocked he thought they would all look like the poster but instead most were ugly short guys Radek I suggest you get your DNA checked And see the facts The UK is loaded with German Nordic DNA All Europe is a mix Hitler's male Y DNA line has been checked he was a E1b1b hardly what you would call a "Germanic" Super Man Hyplotype. Even if you have a Germanic haplotype the does not mean you don't have a shit load on Non German autosomal DNA
    Why do you need to mix it with pro-germanic propagana and/or old school nazism? Its a matter of objetivity to recognize germanics (specially scaninavians an dutch) are way less agressive in behavior than southern europeans or slavs. Its not because of race but rather culture. Again who said being more/less agressive means being superior/inferior than someone else?.

    I just was trying to be assertive in explaining you why native dutch and swedes could seem "wimps" to you.

  18. #68
    Elite member Achievements:
    Created Album picturesTagger Second ClassThree Friends5000 Experience PointsVeteran
    hope's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-12
    Posts
    721
    Points
    8,119
    Level
    26
    Points: 8,119, Level: 26
    Level completed: 95%, Points required for next Level: 31
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: UK - Northern Ireland



    Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    Thats because blond germanic men arent usually as agressive as the darker people, they dont have that inner insecurity to prove how masculine they are by appearing threatening/agressive at first sight. You see that in more unprogressive countries like Serbia, Italy,etc or even the UK/Ireland (the meds of northern europe by behavior and looks).
    Is there a study regarding this? I`d be interested to see what methods were applied.

  19. #69
    Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    891
    Points
    6,887
    Level
    24
    Points: 6,887, Level: 24
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    1 out of 1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    Thats because blond germanic men arent usually as agressive as the darker people, they dont have that inner insecurity to prove how masculine they are by appearing threatening/agressive at first sight. You see that in more unprogressive countries like Serbia, Italy,etc or even the UK/Ireland (the meds of northern europe by behavior and looks).
    This is totally wrong. First of all the assumption by Maciamo was to connect high IQ with masculine behaviour. When I mentioned Holland and Sweden it didn't mean that my colleagues were Dutch or Swedish only. Actually they were minority. Majority were from all around Europe and World.. My point was to challenge that assumed link between IQ and male hormones. I've seen many wimpish Georgians, Italians etc. in academia. So it's not about blond vs. dark.
    And I have few superblond friends who look so tough and manly that any southerner would think ten times before messing with them.

  20. #70
    Banned Achievements:
    5000 Experience PointsVeteran

    Join Date
    07-09-11
    Posts
    891
    Points
    6,887
    Level
    24
    Points: 6,887, Level: 24
    Level completed: 68%, Points required for next Level: 163
    Overall activity: 0%


    Ethnic group
    Georgian
    Country: Georgia



    Quote Originally Posted by Radek View Post
    Why do you need to mix it with pro-germanic propagana and/or old school nazism? Its a matter of objetivity to recognize germanics (specially scaninavians an dutch) are way less agressive in behavior than southern europeans or slavs. Its not because of race but rather culture. Again who said being more/less agressive means being superior/inferior than someone else?.

    I just was trying to be assertive in explaining you why native dutch and swedes could seem "wimps" to you.
    Less aggressive behaviour of Dutch, German etc. is due to cultural trends and propaganda of the last decades. It's nurture not nature. 'Wimps' would not conquer the world... read history...

  21. #71
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    20-05-12
    Posts
    1


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Kinsao View Post
    Very interesting analysis. :)

    I can't really make any comments from a personal point of view... except one very minor point... I don't see that "truth, facts and logic" run counter to "friendship and emotional relations" (although I grasp the point, and realise that you are not saying they are mutually exclusive or anything); on the contrary I would say that truth (in the sense of facts) is very closely allied with honesty, which is imo essential to strong friendships and positive emotional relations.
    At least people know what to expect from you/us. :)

  22. #72
    Regular Member Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Barrister's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-05-12
    Posts
    40
    Points
    6,391
    Level
    23
    Points: 6,391, Level: 23
    Level completed: 69%, Points required for next Level: 159
    Overall activity: 0%


    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Platinumbaby View Post
    I stumbled across this thread while searching for a connection between extreme self discipline and a possible chemical imbalance. You see of course that I was running out of 'simple' ways to word what I was looking for. I do that a lot. I constantly have to think of smaller words to get my thoughts across to people...
    While reading the OP, I felt a strange sense of calm creep over me and even caught myself smiling when I had only gotten half way through. Maybe I am not a total freak of nature, and I can chalk it all up to having a high IQ. *shrug*
    5 days ago I decided to quit smoking. I have smoked for the better part of 10 years. Since then I have had essentially NO adverse effects. No irritability, no anxiety, no anger. I have kept a journal to document 'possible cravings' since I haven't even experienced 1 full blown craving. And that seems odd to me. I live with a smoker, and the smell of it doesn't seem to effect me either. It doesn't disgust me, it doesn't appeal to me. I am completely indifferent to it since the moment I decided I wanted nothing to do with it.
    It didn't take long for me to compare this mindset/outcome to other areas of my life, as I frequently 'triage' every part of my life. Especially people. I know it is cold, but it keeps things simple. I don't like messes or complications.

    What has been bothering me most of all lately, is that I didn't always used to be so disconnected from everyone and everything. I used to be engaging, and doting, and empathetic to everything. Now I am completely unaffected by things that SHOULD bother me, or any other human being... but for some reason I am not.
    I self-analyze ALL THE TIME. I frequently re-evaluate and make corrections where needed. I also seem to lack the filter that keeps people from saying what everyone is thinking. I'm not nice enough to lie. =) On the other hand, I tend to command attention wherever I go. I can absolutely put on my game face which is pleasant, witty, and charming... but inside I am reading the room and the people in it. I can pick a person's personality defects apart in a matter of seconds. I can even identify the clear defects in my own... but I have no explanation as to why I am this way, and whether or not I should try to change. And if I do decide to change, what corrections should I make?
    There you go.. no one asked for that TMI contribution of mine, but maybe just maybe someone on here has some helpful advice. To be honest, had I not read this thread, I would have continued thinking I am the only one like this... and I think ultimately that would have been worse. So thank you in advance for any helpful advice given.
    What an interesting thread! I identify with alot of what you say. I wake at 3am every morning and and run 10 kilometres, 5 days a week, i also sleep on a hard wooden floor. People think i'm insane, i just consider it to be self improvement. It probably is a chemical imbalance. I study law and banking at the moment, and i find that in everything that i take interest in, irrespective of what it is, i MUST reach a certain level....it started with music, i studied jazz at the Conservatorium on a scholarship when i was 16 in contemporay drumkit and enjoyed it. I heard some music one day by Chick Corea and i thought, WhAT THE HELL is going on here?! I was consumed by this, i was determined to understand what was going through their minds when playing something that sounds like complete chaos. I thought about it every moment of my life, waking, before bed, all throughout my days, even started an avante garde jazz trio with friends, obsessed with understanding it on the deepest level possible. Not just "humanly" possible, but universally possible, i saw no limits...then it branched out into other things, religion, politics, genetics, so many different things, but of course, you can only reach mastery on 1 thing really, just because there are not enough hours in a day and you can't make money from studying religion and politics, so i settled with a legal/finance degree and making money in general. People have told me, "do what you love, do what you love!!"...What does that really mean? For me, the "love" is in the chase and the hunt for uncovering and understanding new ways of thinking, new perspectives, etc. When my mind is blown is when i'm happy. It's what makes me sit in front of a book for 5 hours or more until and not walking away until i understand it, and the satisfaction is so immensely powerful and long-lasting. People might think it's extreme but whatever. It's how i've always been. Best wishes to you and thanks for sharing what you did.

  23. #73
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    04-06-12
    Posts
    1


    Country: USA - Arizona



    This is my first post and have found this thread to be interesting enough, that if it is to continue I could see myself revisiting just for the conversation and theories people have. I have not visited any other threads on this forum so I may not be on the forum often but will try to keep up with this thread if people continue to add to it. I have read most of this thread and was very interested in the begining. But slowly the thread seemed to become about people who feel as though they match the OP description. I personally do not like being labeled in the manner the OP described. Better yet, I do not appreciate labels, accurate or not. Not to say if the the description is acurate all. I do not wish to share my IQ out of further judgement but I will say that it is very rare that I do not enjoy speaking to an individual. I will admitt that it is best to speak to an individual that has knowledge of something I do not, for this person to keep my interest. And I also find some people to be a waste but many people display traits such as that to other individuals. I have also not found any issues with locating a job but do wish I could find someone willing to sponsor all of my ideas and pay me a decent salary just to bring them to life...but who wouldnt? I like the idea of being smarter then most but refuse to accept that an individual with a high IQ feels superior to others. I rarely feel superior. Often I feel as though I need prove myself as being superior in intelligence. In social situation I find myself to be the center of attention but do not feel as I had work at it. Sometimes I am the center of attention purely because of my randomness for thoughts and ideas. I believe I read somewhere that a person with high IQ feels the need to be a leader or followed. I get rather upset when a group points me as a leader. I understand that some peoples ideas of freedom is to be led but I can not comprhend why anyone would want to be a leader or a follower. Why are so many people obsessed with IQ when the majority of the world is just happy not falling into the retard classification? Do I just feel as though I have been out of place so many times that my intelligence naturaly takes a back seat at this point in my life? Is that even possible? Perhaps my IQ is a fluke and I am not as smart as a TEST says I am. Maybe I just got lucky. At the same time, I am scared of losing my intelligence. Not as to be considered normal. I would love it if my iq was considered normal, I would have less stress in my life...I think. If everyone was to be suddenly smarter that would be spectaculr. I just have a fear that the people surrounding are bring my IQ down. But refuse to think that the people around me are beneath me. They all have something to offer, right?

    Random thoughts, I know. But if anyway wishes to add or question anything I have said, please, do. Also, I understand that my writing maybe hard to comprehend because I miss words or put the same word twice next to each other. I did my best to proof read what I wrote but still may have missed several things. I have a tendency to read what I meant while proof reading and not catching my mistakes.

  24. #74
    Regular Member Achievements:
    1000 Experience Points1 year registered
    Keegah's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-09-11
    Posts
    85
    Points
    2,830
    Level
    15
    Points: 2,830, Level: 15
    Level completed: 27%, Points required for next Level: 220
    Overall activity: 17.0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2a1b2-Isles-D1
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1c2

    Ethnic group
    Irish/English, with some Scottish, German and Welsh
    Country: United States



    3 out of 3 members found this post helpful.
    Who cares what your IQ is? It's nobler to work and earn, than it is to be freely given something. Everyone knows that. So why should you care what your IQ is?
    Your intelligence was given to you by your parents in a genetic lottery. Your knowledge, however - you had to earn that.
    I can never finish reading this thread. The sheer quantity of insecure idiots trying desperately to validate their feelings of self-worth - mostly by attempting to convince themselves and others that they are smarter than "the masses" - just gets to be too much.

  25. #75
    Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,329
    Points
    113,888
    Level
    100
    Points: 113,888, Level: 100
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Keegah View Post
    Who cares what your IQ is? It's nobler to work and earn, than it is to be freely given something. Everyone knows that. So why should you care what your IQ is?
    Your intelligence was given to you by your parents in a genetic lottery. Your knowledge, however - you had to earn that.
    I can never finish reading this thread. The sheer quantity of insecure idiots trying desperately to validate their feelings of self-worth - mostly by attempting to convince themselves and others that they are smarter than "the masses" - just gets to be too much.
    Lol, I'm not sure if I can sign under all of your conclusions, but it's true that most, self proclaimed, geniuses come to Eupedia and post only in this thread. They post about self amazement, self pity and their uniqueness in general, and are never heard again.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Replies: 135
    Last Post: 29-03-19, 05:48
  2. Replies: 41
    Last Post: 05-05-13, 02:46
  3. why oil prices so high???
    By senator in forum World News
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 06-06-05, 16:26

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •