Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678

Thread: What characterises people with high IQ's ?

As what I've seen; Extremely arrogant, lazy, could make you disappear in shame with just two words. And on the other side, you got the extremely awkward, anti-social and weird in any kind of way person. Many things are depending on the character anyway on how you use and deal with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Faralysi View Post
    As what I've seen; Extremely arrogant, lazy, could make you disappear in shame with just two words. And on the other side, you got the extremely awkward, anti-social and weird in any kind of way person. Many things are depending on the character anyway on how you use and deal with it.
    Could be connected to boredom w/what people tend to say (and not say).
    If you search this forum for "blood type", "rhesus negative" or "rh negative", you will probably see my posts.

I always play with my mind. My heart not been used from a very long time

Oftenly they are capable to do beyond average stupidities.
    -Ask them.

As I thought, people with a high iq are more reserved and sometimes see themselves strangely, which is why many scientists are considered insane.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

Quote Originally Posted by Faralysi View Post
    I feel as though arrogance is not a distinguishing mark of high intelligence. It is a ruse to present oneself as such. However, you can tell if someone has a high IQ by having a 10 minute conversation with them. Some people are just more clever than others, in social situations. However, the mask always falls away.

Being erudite is different, it is what arrogant people falsely try to emulate. You can be intelligent without being a jerk, or socially inept.

Being mean to others, and laziness is not necessarily being stupid. Though I would probably say there is a higher chance that the person is. Rather, it more indicates that this person is projecting some kind of internal emotional turbulence on others, and has no discipline.

Y-DNA haplogroup
    (R1b-F1794) R-M269
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H6a1b

Ethnic group
    Italian

2 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Jovialis View Post
    I feel as though arrogance is not a distinguishing mark of high intelligence. It is a ruse to present oneself as such. However, you can tell if someone has a high IQ by having a 10 minute conversation with them. Some people are just more clever than others, in social situations. However, the mask always falls away.

Being erudite is different, it is what arrogant people falsely try to emulate. You can be intelligent without being a jerk, or socially inept.

Being mean to others, and laziness is not necessarily being stupid. Though I would probably say there is a higher chance that the person is. Rather, it more indicates that this person is projecting some kind of internal emotional turbulence on others, and has no discipline.
    Also, some people who are smart in one subject, may be lacking in others. When I was in school, I often heard math and science majors denigrate people in other disciplines. I thought to myself, how empty and soulless are these people? Moreover, how dumb are they not to see that subjects like art, music, history, etc, are what makes life worth living! In recent years, I have spent a lot of time at the Met Opera, and Art museum. This is where all of the wealthy, successful, and intelligent people go and become patrons, to promote high culture. People who have the inability to appreciate or understand the importance of the arts, are either missing a piece of their humanity, or they are in fact stupid, imo. That, or they consume some low-brow derivative of higher culture, of which they are too ignorant to realize come from subjects they denigrate.

High IQ people tend to be more well-rounded.

Page 8 of 8 FirstFirst ... 678