Intelligence What characterises people with high IQ's ?

As what I've seen; Extremely arrogant, lazy, could make you disappear in shame with just two words. And on the other side, you got the extremely awkward, anti-social and weird in any kind of way person. Many things are depending on the character anyway on how you use and deal with it.

I feel as though arrogance is not a distinguishing mark of high intelligence. It is a ruse to present oneself as such. However, you can tell if someone has a high IQ by having a 10 minute conversation with them. Some people are just more clever than others, in social situations. However, the mask always falls away.

Being erudite is different, it is what arrogant people falsely try to emulate. You can be intelligent without being a jerk, or socially inept.

Being mean to others, and laziness is not necessarily being stupid. Though I would probably say there is a higher chance that the person is. Rather, it more indicates that this person is projecting some kind of internal emotional turbulence on others, and has no discipline.

I feel as though arrogance is not a distinguishing mark of high intelligence. It is a ruse to present oneself as such. However, you can tell if someone has a high IQ by having a 10 minute conversation with them. Some people are just more clever than others, in social situations. However, the mask always falls away.

Being erudite is different, it is what arrogant people falsely try to emulate. You can be intelligent without being a jerk, or socially inept.

Being mean to others, and laziness is not necessarily being stupid. Though I would probably say there is a higher chance that the person is. Rather, it more indicates that this person is projecting some kind of internal emotional turbulence on others, and has no discipline.

Also, some people who are smart in one subject, may be lacking in others. When I was in school, I often heard math and science majors denigrate people in other disciplines. I thought to myself, how empty and soulless are these people? Moreover, how dumb are they not to see that subjects like art, music, history, etc, are what makes life worth living! In recent years, I have spent a lot of time at the Met Opera, and Art museum. This is where all of the wealthy, successful, and intelligent people go and become patrons, to promote high culture. People who have the inability to appreciate or understand the importance of the arts, are either missing a piece of their humanity, or they are in fact stupid, imo. That, or they consume some low-brow derivative of higher culture, of which they are too ignorant to realize come from subjects they denigrate.

High IQ people tend to be more well-rounded.

For example, the ability to resist ill-wishers. Dealing with "difficult" people is annoying and exhausting. People with a high level of intelligence completely control the process of interacting with ill-wishers by analyzing their feelings. He does not allow emotions to take hold of him, does not fall into anger, and does not fuel conflict. He tries to understand the point of view of the interlocutor and find a solution that will satisfy everyone.

Well, let me put it in a simple and a bit funny way, if I can contribute here:

What characterizes high IQ people the most is usually an ignorance if not an alergy to EQ and SQ

for these, of course, unveil the fact that the IQ is much more a cult of our short-sighted civilization than something realy important. We can all see where the Inteligence-cult lead us since last 2 centuries while the effect of IQ-emphasis on our relations (E) and the meaning (S) of our lives obviously caused an unprecedented exploitation and destruction humankind ever suffered. Now when this (Inteligence) is already "artificialized" to finally develop genetics-based weapons of mass destruction (patented as e.g. SARS family) to guarantee the profit of $1000+ per second we can say we finally know it is probably NOT the path we should and must further follow: Hopefully it is not too late. We as humankind can still disclose those (aaprox) 8 names (or some billions?) of fatally sick people to whom all this profit and "benefit" flows to start healing their Souls - else they will soon "heal" all the rest of us with some remaining E- an SQ.

As what I've seen; Extremely arrogant, lazy, could make you disappear in shame with just two words. And on the other side, you got the extremely awkward, anti-social and weird in any kind of way person. Many things are depending on the character anyway on how you use and deal with it.

I am urging you to think about how you act around people who have significantly lower IQs than you.

That is insane Radek. Like Nazi propaganda of years past. Your German I'm part German you Know for a fact the majority of the population of Germany are not Blond. My neighbor who was from a German family spoke it fluently fought in ww2. Was a interpreter He said he saw all the Nazi propaganda of the " Super Men" and when they started capturing Germans he said he was shocked he thought they would all look like the poster but instead most were ugly short guys Radek

LOL that reminded me of something I read in a book about WWII. According to the book, many Germans had the impression that the English were all blonde Anglo-Saxons, but got a culture sock when they first encountered the English. They found most of them to be short, dark guys who whistled a lot.

I've done a few IQ tests. My scores have varied between 109 and 142. The lowest score was on a televised test and the highest one was an on-line test. I did the supervised MENSA test and scored 135 - this was done in response to a MENSA trial test in a magazine that recommend doing the supervised test if you scored a high enough result on the trial test.

I would not consider myself as being exceptionally intelligent. In fact, I'd say that I am about average. I am useless at problem solving and slow to learn new procedures or skills. Many people actually consider me to be a bit thick.

LOL that reminded me of something I read in a book about WWII. According to the book, many Germans had the impression that the English were all blonde Anglo-Saxons, but got a culture sock when they first encountered the English. They found most of them to be short, dark guys who whistled a lot.

Funny you say that. It seems there are still pockets on what is the UK where there are large segments of the population that has phenotypes that could fit in well in Southern Europe, lots of EEF. For example, for me Sean Connery is "James Bond" everyone else since him just plays the part. Connery who is from Scotland, not English, one would think has more Early European Neolithic Farmer ancestry vs. Steppe Ancestry. Of course their were Scottish Division in the British Armies that fought in the North African campaign, Sicilian and Italian mainland campaigns and the Normandy Landings and NW European campaigns. Many of my favorite bands are from England. Paul McCartney has dark brown hair and brown eyes (which had sometimes a hazel color to them), George Harrison, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Keith Moon of the Who, my favorite Drummer along with John Bonham of Led Zepplin had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Bonham had dark brown/black hair but eyes were more hazel/greenish.

While not English, the great Tom Jones had dark black hair but had piercing blue eyes (maybe lots of WHG ancestry!). Paul Rodgers (Bad Company) another guy with Dark hair (Very dark) but like Tom Jones also blue eyes (another remnant WHG!).

I've done a few IQ tests. My scores have varied between 109 and 142. The lowest score was on a televised test and the highest one was an on-line test. I did the supervised MENSA test and scored 135 - this was done in response to a MENSA trial test in a magazine that recommend doing the supervised test if you scored a high enough result on the trial test.

I would not consider myself as being exceptionally intelligent. In fact, I'd say that I am about average. I am useless at problem solving and slow to learn new procedures or skills. Many people actually consider me to be a bit thick.
High variances are common, though not often talked about.
Usually people tend to mention their highest scoring one and ignore the lower ones.

Usually people tend to mention their highest scoring one and ignore the lower ones.

That is due to their vanity and narcissism. They only kid themselves and others on that they are exceptional.

High variances are common, though not often talked about.

The only really valid IQ tests, imo, are those done one on one over many hours with a qualified psychologist. They do them, or used to do them in elementary and high school so they could be put into classes for the gifted, or for the purposes of tracking. In my high school, for example, there were three "tracks", and you took all your classes with the same girls. The upper track took college credit classes during high school, etc.

Written tests taken in high school and college rely too much on "learned" material, and so can be less reliable.

From the literature, adult IQ tests show higher scores for the same people compared to their scores at younger ages, but that makes sense, as even in one to one tests there is some "learned" material.

I certainly wouldn't rely on an on line test.

For that matter, as an adult, you should know your general range of functioning. What's the highest level of math that you achieved? Can you comprehend difficult, high level written material. What's your vocabulary like? That's what's going to determine the jobs you can do.

Written tests taken in high school and college rely too much on "learned" material, and so can be less reliable.

I agree, though for comparison purpose of students having gone through the same curricula it may have some use.

I certainly wouldn't rely on an on line test.

I would imagine many of them inflating results to draw more traffic/users/paid testers.

I agree, though for comparison purpose of students having gone through the same curricula it may have some use.

I would imagine many of them inflating results to draw more traffic/users/paid testers.

Exactly...

Funny you say that. It seems there are still pockets on what is the UK where there are large segments of the population that has phenotypes that could fit in well in Southern Europe, lots of EEF.

LOL are you sure about that? I other threads it has been claimed that the EEF were responsible for introducing light skin and blonde hair into Europe.

Many of my favorite bands are from England. Paul McCartney has dark brown hair and brown eyes (which had sometimes a hazel color to them), George Harrison, dark brown hair and dark brown eyes. Keith Moon of the Who, my favorite Drummer along with John Bonham of Led Zepplin had dark brown hair and brown eyes. Bonham had dark brown/black hair but eyes were more hazel/greenish.

My favorite metal bands used to be English such as Black Sabbath, but in recent years there are two Swedish metal bands that are my favorites: Amon Amarth and Sabbaton.

I got 115 but the time ran out and didn't finish, I thought I was doing really well but some of the last questions I need more time. I haven't done this test in a long time. I got 120 last time

Bilde-2022-08-16-114100321.png

That's interesting. 135 is very high. I learn things very quickly but some things take some time until they sink. I also got the ''worrier gene'' which is apparently someone

Despite the negative connotation to the word “worriers,” these people are at certain advantages as well. They are known to be:
- more creative
- have higher IQ
- better motor skills
- better verbal memory and reading comprehension
- a more positive outlook towards life

https://www.xcode.life/genes-and-personality/comt-gene-influences-worrier-and-warrior-personality/

I think intelligence can be measured in many different ways rather than just some test to figure out patterns.

Most characteristic trait: IMPATIENCE

Btw, online or media tests are worthless.

Most characteristic trait: IMPATIENCE

Btw, online or media tests are worthless.

Really ? I am impatient but I don't consider myself a high IQ genius. I think there are other or more important traits besides IQ.

What do you think about genes for creativity and other things like motor skills, memory ?

This thread has been viewed 868265 times.

Back