What does "Culture" mean to you ?

Well, I consider your interest for the language as much more than average, given the fact that German is dwindling fast in the USA. Your Munchausen avatar also make clear that you have some affinity to the German culture.

Absolutely, the German culture is one of several for which I have a particular affinity. I do have some German heritage, although it isn't very immediate, coming from the first wave (pre-American Revolution) of German immigrants to America. To learn about their culture has been illuminating to me... one of my favorites was to learn about how one of the early German immigrant families I descend from were members of the Ephrata Cloister.

I think culture-mixing and persistence of culture amongst diaspora is another interesting topic that probably relates to this thread. I'm firmly of the belief that people can be of multiple cultures and draw from an array of cultural practice, sometimes without even knowing it. At the same time, minority culture can be a significant influence on the majority culture in a region. So, while some see "melting pot" and "multiculturalism" as fundamentally at odds, I view the natural process as the two complimenting one another.

Now, talking about that thread you people have down there... wow!! It seems that there is an interesting kind of Spy novel developing in here :LOL:.

I find that exciting and make everything more interesting.

Watch out... nobody is who they say they are... :wary2:

To me personally it means a group of people share many common values. Such as beliefs and every day way of life.

It has to be more than that, because we can easily imagine two people of the same culture with few values in common, few shared beliefs, and different lifestyles. Although, certainly those things are components.

This thread has been viewed 95234 times.

Back