Votes: 15 50.0%
  • Quite nice, definitely one of the best sights in Paris

Votes: 7 23.3%
  • Not bad, but nothing to fuss over

Votes: 5 16.7%
  • Can't stand it

Votes: 3 10.0%

• Total voters
When I went to Paris six years ago, we ate at the restaurant at the top of the Eiffel Tower. We were surrounded by tourists, only the staff were French!

Melusine

Wasn't you a tourist too?

Binx,

OUI!!!

I was hoping to see French people eating there too.

Melusine

I'm not a big fan of the Eiffel tower.

For me "Le Mont st Michel" should be our symbol...

Last edited:
Well.. It's a monument of steel construction techniques.
Nothing to make a lot of fuzz about.

I don't like big cities anyway.

how I love to see the Eiffel tower! it's the most visited place..one day I will be there!

Most major cities have at least one easily identifiable thing that symbolises that city and is also promoted as such to bring in the tourist dollars. For London it is usually Big Ben, Athens the Acropolis, New York the Statue of Liberty, Rome the Coloseum, Sydney the Opera House, Cairo the Pyramids and for Paris it is the Eiffel Tower.

But, I agree with the OP. There are more wonderful places to visit in Paris than that steel monstrosity.

When I was young, I thought the Eiffel Tower dowdy, but I since changed opinion.
The Eiffel Tower overlooked the city of Paris. When we approach Paris by the road, our glance is inexorably attracted by it. We see it of very very far! I find its beautiful form, at the same time, simple and impressive by its size.

C'est magnifique! A icon of the age.

It is hard to imagine Paris without the Eiffel Tower.Overall I like it, however the Arc de Triumph is perhaps my favorite landmark in Paris.

It's a great iconic structure. Paris is less without it.

The Eiffel Tower is the sign of Paris. You MUST see the Eiffel Tower when you travel to Paris. I was there in July 2013 and it was absolutely amazing. Especially in the night when the tower is golden and sparkling.

This thread has been viewed 71861 times.

Back