Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum

View Poll Results: Are men and woman equal?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

    30 38.96%
  • No

    39 50.65%
  • unsure

    8 10.39%
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 76 to 100 of 107

Thread: Are men and woman equal

  1. #76
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Key male advantage is not brutal strength.

    Key advantage is strategic thinking.

    How men developed better strategic thinking, probably due to hunting.

    Women did not go to hunt and they did not develop strategic thinking as men.

    To hunt animals especially large animals men had to make different strategies.
    it is not a matter of intelligence
    it is a matter of interests

    i am a civil engineer
    when i graduated 3 % was female
    when my son graduated 15 % was female
    i don't think it will increase much more

    some professions are male, others are female
    it is a matter of interests

    denying the differences is stupid
    the differences are both physical and in the way of thinking

  2. #77
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-12-10
    Posts
    1,603


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    it is not a matter of intelligence
    it is a matter of interests

    i am a civil engineer
    when i graduated 3 % was female
    when my son graduated 15 % was female
    i don't think it will increase much more

    some professions are male, others are female
    it is a matter of interests

    denying the differences is stupid
    the differences are both physical and in the way of thinking
    Serious scientific research show that males are strategic, competitive, have more self-confident, take risk, believe more in yourself.

    Women in two person competition avoid competitive schemes and they fail compete appropriately, also women have lower level of self-confidence and avoid taking risks.

    And, after that, you're right, yes, denying differences is stupid.

  3. #78
    Regular Member kyrani99's Avatar
    Join Date
    09-11-15
    Location
    Qld
    Posts
    80


    Ethnic group
    Greek
    Country: Australia



    1 members found this post helpful.

    scientific research! fiddle sticks!

    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Serious scientific research show that males are strategic, competitive, have more self-confident, take risk, believe more in yourself.

    Women in two person competition avoid competitive schemes and they fail compete appropriately, also women have lower level of self-confidence and avoid taking risks.

    And, after that, you're right, yes, denying differences is stupid.
    Who dominates the scientific research? Men do of course and are they going to say anything that puts them in a bad light? of course not. Women are infinitely better..there is no denying it.
    God made man first but a master all ways makes a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

    Consider the asserts.
    Beauty
    brains
    shrewdness
    They are the glue that holds communities together.
    They work through a cooperative spirit (although there some these days deluded enough to try to be like men)
    They are compassionate.
    And of course self-confident.

    Men have some assets but denying differences is stupid.. women are clearly superior.

  4. #79
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,147


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by kyrani99 View Post
    Who dominates the scientific research? Men do of course and are they going to say anything that puts them in a bad light? of course not. Women are infinitely better..there is no denying it.
    God made man first but a master all ways makes a rough draft before the final masterpiece.

    Consider the asserts.
    Beauty
    brains
    shrewdness
    They are the glue that holds communities together.
    They work through a cooperative spirit (although there some these days deluded enough to try to be like men)
    They are compassionate.
    And of course self-confident.

    Men have some assets but denying differences is stupid.. women are clearly superior.
    Finally we get the truth! :) Physically, of course, there's no question. Nature designed it that way. Unfortunately, in terms of survival of the species, men are more expendable than women, at least while women are of child bearing age. Even in terms of "traits", I think it's perhaps slightly tilted in our favor. However, it's better not to confront the men with these facts. All that "self-confidence" is a bluff in my experience, bravado rather than confidence, and the male ego is actually rather fragile. Women are just more realistic.

    Seriously, there are obviously some differences between the "average" male and the "average" female, but there is overlap at the margins to some extent. Was anyone "tougher" than Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher, no matter what you thought of their politics? The important thing is that it takes both sets of traits to make the world go round.

    Now I'll reveal my own stereotyping...for any profession where I want someone who is a worrier and pays a lot of attention to detail, I tend to hire women. So, all my doctors are women. They also have more compassion for suffering, and are more willing to listen instead of jumping to a diagnosis. My tax accountant and my tax lawyer are also women. So is my estate planner. I want careful, meticulous work, and I don't want the IRS to come calling. In other words, I don't want slick Lennie with all his questionable loopholes and flying by the seat of his pants. I want someone who's done her homework.

    If I were acting as defense counsel, I would normally hope for a female judge, unless, of course, she used to be a prosecutor. If I'm acting for the prosecution, a male with experience in law enforcement would be ideal. So, if I don't have personal knowledge of the professional, I do tend to rely on these kinds of stereotypes.

    You know, upon reflection, almost everyone I employ is a woman. The only exception is in very male dominated fields where there isn't much choice. I guess that shows how I feel about the relative strengths and weaknesses of each sex. :)


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  5. #80
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Finally we get the truth! :) Physically, of course, there's no question. Nature designed it that way. Unfortunately, in terms of survival of the species, men are more expendable than women, at least while women are of child bearing age. Even in terms of "traits", I think it's perhaps slightly tilted in our favor. However, it's better not to confront the men with these facts. All that "self-confidence" is a bluff in my experience, bravado rather than confidence, and the male ego is actually rather fragile. Women are just more realistic.

    Seriously, there are obviously some differences between the "average" male and the "average" female, but there is overlap at the margins to some extent. Was anyone "tougher" than Golda Meir or Margaret Thatcher, no matter what you thought of their politics? The important thing is that it takes both sets of traits to make the world go round.

    Now I'll reveal my own stereotyping...for any profession where I want someone who is a worrier and pays a lot of attention to detail, I tend to hire women. So, all my doctors are women. They also have more compassion for suffering, and are more willing to listen instead of jumping to a diagnosis. My tax accountant and my tax lawyer are also women. So is my estate planner. I want careful, meticulous work, and I don't want the IRS to come calling. In other words, I don't want slick Lennie with all his questionable loopholes and flying by the seat of his pants. I want someone who's done her homework.

    If I were acting as defense counsel, I would normally hope for a female judge, unless, of course, she used to be a prosecutor. If I'm acting for the prosecution, a male with experience in law enforcement would be ideal. So, if I don't have personal knowledge of the professional, I do tend to rely on these kinds of stereotypes.

    You know, upon reflection, almost everyone I employ is a woman. The only exception is in very male dominated fields where there isn't much choice. I guess that shows how I feel about the relative strengths and weaknesses of each sex. :)
    like i told in my previous post

    it is not a matter of intelligence
    it is a matter of interests

    generally men are more competitive
    modern society has abolished competitiveness
    women feel better in such societies than men

    the future will tell whether such societies are better or not

  6. #81
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    like i told in my previous post

    it is not a matter of intelligence
    it is a matter of interests

    Interests make you concentrate on a subject for a very long time, like to play chess or to buy cloths. This constant training of your brain, by concentrating on interests, makes a brain works much efficiently. Other-words it makes it more intelligent, at least in the field of interest.



    generally men are more competitive
    modern society has abolished competitiveness
    women feel better in such societies than men
    The best example of male competitiveness is the last financial crises. Overwhelmingly male run financial institutions took too much of debt and risky deals. We need more women in banking system management to bring a proper balance in decision making.

    the future will tell whether such societies are better or not
    The trend of emancipation of women in our western societies is ongoing since late 18 hundreds. It is nothing new nor radical about this idea anymore. The process is practically over, except perhaps inequality in pay. We can easily compare the western world of now to the one 150 years ago to pull firm conclusions. We are the future, already. Make your mind.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  7. #82
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-12-10
    Posts
    1,603


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by bicicleur View Post
    like i told in my previous post

    it is not a matter of intelligence
    it is a matter of interests

    generally men are more competitive
    modern society has abolished competitiveness
    women feel better in such societies than men

    the future will tell whether such societies are better or not
    It is clear, men are more competitive it is male nature.

    I don’t appreciate societies where women have fewer rights than men (as in some Islamic countries), the rights must be equal.

    And man (men) should compete with man (men), woman (women) should compete with woman (women).

    Man and woman should enjoy, and support each other, not compete (to possible extent).

    Situations in society are changing, for example in socialism in Serbia women were very protected by the system, and progress was grandiose.

    Society didn’t support competitiveness.

    Some men, traditionally behaved, felt insecure, because there were women more successful of them, it was big change from patriarchal society to a socialist society in which women have gained full affirmation.

    But with crisis at beginning of nineties everything changed, income has fallen, and women lost their positions.

    Today, society in Serbia is capitalist and highly competitive (in conditions of lower income), and such situation is much better suited to men than women (of course successful men, men who are better in mutual competition with another men).

  8. #83
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-12-10
    Posts
    1,603


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    The best example of male competitiveness is the last financial crises. Overwhelmingly male run financial institutions took too much of debt and risky deals. We need more women in banking system management to bring a proper balance in decision making.
    Of course women can be leaders, top managers and entrepreneurs, everyone should use his or her abilities.

    Male nature is to be leaders (it doesn’t mean necessary alpha male), self-confident and sure in themselves what is learn and build (men are learning and maturing the whole life).

  9. #84
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Are men and women equal
    Hell no!!!!!

    EDIT: This video is very funny.
    https://youtu.be/Z6UUAE2CXXM

    Edit: Seriously though men and women are equal in value. However differnt in behavior and roles. This is what the left doesn't understand. Equal=Same, is not true. Just let people act natural and not worry about gender representation.

  10. #85
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,147


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    It is clear, men are more competitive it is male nature.

    I don’t appreciate societies where women have fewer rights than men (as in some Islamic countries), the rights must be equal.

    And man (men) should compete with man (men), woman (women) should compete with woman (women).

    Man and woman should enjoy, and support each other, not compete (to possible extent).

    Situations in society are changing, for example in socialism in Serbia women were very protected by the system, and progress was grandiose.

    Society didn’t support competitiveness.

    Some men, traditionally behaved, felt insecure, because there were women more successful of them, it was big change from patriarchal society to a socialist society in which women have gained full affirmation.

    But with crisis at beginning of nineties everything changed, income has fallen, and women lost their positions.

    Today, society in Serbia is capitalist and highly competitive (in conditions of lower income), and such situation is much better suited to men than women (of course successful men, men who are better in mutual competition with another men).
    I'm all for the enjoyment part, but that's after hours, so to speak. :) When I'm practicing my profession, I am directly competing against another person, that's the nature of my profession; there's nothing collaborative about it. More often than not that other person is a man. I give no quarter, and I expect none. Let the best "man" win, and that "man" is usually me, to toot my own horn. :) Oh, and it involves a great deal of strategic thinking, sometimes in preparation, but often on my feet as they say. Women, as well as men, come in different varieties.

    Ed. I also don't at all buy this idea that women aren't competitive. They've always been competitive as heck in the "fields" open to them and remain so to this day, over looks, men, their children, even their houses and clothes. There are whole television shows devoted to the subject. Now that they are in other arenas, they're competitive there too. My daughter is a superb athlete, a better athlete than my son, in lacrosse, tennis, swimming, and she's extraordinarily competitive. I'm ashamed to admit that I've sometimes encouraged her to hold back just a trifle in the early courtship phases and not totally trounce a new boyfriend who might not be as adept as she is at all these things, but she absolutely won't hear of it. Her attitude is that if he can't take it that she's a better tennis player than he is, for example, he's not for her. Of course, there are some men who can beat her, but she doesn't much like it.:)

  11. #86
    Advisor bicicleur's Avatar
    Join Date
    27-01-13
    Location
    Zwevegem, Belgium
    Posts
    5,730


    Country: Belgium - Flanders



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Interests make you concentrate on a subject for a very long time, like to play chess or to buy cloths. This constant training of your brain, by concentrating on interests, makes a brain works much efficiently. Other-words it makes it more intelligent, at least in the field of interest.



    The best example of male competitiveness is the last financial crises. Overwhelmingly male run financial institutions took too much of debt and risky deals. We need more women in banking system management to bring a proper balance in decision making.

    The trend of emancipation of women in our western societies is ongoing since late 18 hundreds. It is nothing new nor radical about this idea anymore. The process is practically over, except perhaps inequality in pay. We can easily compare the western world of now to the one 150 years ago to pull firm conclusions. We are the future, already. Make your mind.
    I'm not ready to make my mind on the basis of this.
    The main basis for todays progress is because of the industrial revolution which happened in the early 18 hundreds.
    This was a typical male achievement. You can argue women didn't have any part of it because they were not allowed. That is correct, but it was driven by technological improvements in a field in which most women are not interested by nature.
    Well, even the digital revolution was mainly a male achievement, allthough it happened less then 50 years ago.
    Now a medical revolution seems at hand, and that is a domain in which women are more interested.
    There may come - I'm sure there will come - times when more male skills will be needed again. New challenges will arrive.

    By the way, are you male or female? I always tought of you as a man, seeing your avatar.

    You are a man - I now see your Y-DNA mentioned..

  12. #87
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-12-10
    Posts
    1,603


    Country: Serbia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I'm all for the enjoyment part, but that's after hours, so to speak. :) When I'm practicing my profession, I am directly competing against another person, that's the nature of my profession; there's nothing collaborative about it. More often than not that other person is a man. I give no quarter, and I expect none. Let the best "man" win, and that "man" is usually me, to toot my own horn. :) Oh, and it involves a great deal of strategic thinking, sometimes in preparation, but often on my feet as they say. Women, as well as men, come in different varieties.

    Ed. I also don't at all buy this idea that women aren't competitive. They've always been competitive as heck in the "fields" open to them and remain so to this day, over looks, men, their children, even their houses and clothes. There are whole television shows devoted to the subject. Now that they are in other arenas, they're competitive there too. My daughter is a superb athlete, a better athlete than my son, in lacrosse, tennis, swimming, and she's extraordinarily competitive. I'm ashamed to admit that I've sometimes encouraged her to hold back just a trifle in the early courtship phases and not totally trounce a new boyfriend who might not be as adept as she is at all these things, but she absolutely won't hear of it. Her attitude is that if he can't take it that she's a better tennis player than he is, for example, he's not for her. Of course, there are some men who can beat her, but she doesn't much like it.:)
    Not about professions but relationships.

    My attitude is that my girlfriend can have her business which she wants or she can support my business.

    But I will not allow that she has competitive business, she takes my clients and she cooperates with my competitors.

    It is red line, if she does it, the end, she is not more my girlfriend.

    It is why I say that competitiveness is not good between man and woman, it kills relationships.

  13. #88
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,147


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Not about professions but relationships.

    My attitude is that my girlfriend can have her business which she wants or she can support my business.

    But I will not allow that she has competitive business, she takes my clients and she cooperates with my competitors.

    It is red line, if she does it, the end, she is not more my girlfriend.

    It is why I say that competitiveness is not good between man and woman, it kills relationships.
    There I agree, of course. I assure you that it's very rare that a man I bested at work wound up calling me up for a date, although strangely a few do...I put it down to masochism. They were never for me, but some men do like to be dominated. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

    Heck, that kind of competition would ruin not just a romantic relationship, but family relationships and friendships.

  14. #89
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    There I agree, of course. I assure you that it's very rare that a man I bested at work wound up calling me up for a date, although strangely a few do...I put it down to masochism. They were never for me, but some men do like to be dominated. It takes all kinds to make the world go round.

    Heck, that kind of competition would ruin not just a romantic relationship, but family relationships and friendships.
    I admire strong and independent women. I was never afraid of their dominance or never I felt a need to be better than them, just to show who is the boss or for my satisfaction. Generally, I love strong independent people to have around of all sexs. The last thing I want to do is to make constant decisions for them, to lead them by hand and worry about them all the time.

  15. #90
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    09-12-15
    Posts
    21


    Country: Italy



    1 members found this post helpful.
    what really sets women apart from men is sex drive. men want to bang pretty much any woman below a certain age and weight just by looking at them, women are the pickier sex, they are only interested in top tier men or in men who have something to offer in terms of resources and wealth. men have to work harder to find a partner and that alone is enough to give a totally different meaning to the male experience. in comparison any other difference or alleged difference pales or shrinks to insignificance.

  16. #91
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by frontiersman View Post
    what really sets women apart from men is sex drive. men want to bang pretty much any woman below a certain age and weight just by looking at them, what really sets women apart from men is sex drive. men want to bang pretty much any woman below a certain age and weight just by looking at them, women are the pickier sex, they are only interested in top tier men or in men who have something to offer in terms of resources and wealth. men have to work harder to find a partner and that alone is enough to give a totally different meaning to the male experience. in comparison any other difference or alleged difference pales or shrinks to insignificance.
    I watched a presentation online that says you're exactly correct. Male and female sex brains are very differnt. Respect, personality, power, and money turn women all. While men for the most part only care about physical attraction. In a lot of ways women are the object men have to work to get.

    But there are many more differences between men and women. Body and voice are two unignorable differences. Behavior is another one but harder to define.

  17. #92
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,147


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Just because things are sometimes true, or even often true, doesn't mean they're always true. It's a mistake, in my opinion, to think in such stereotypical terms.

    There are a lot of women who marry for love men who have nothing in terms of material possessions when they are courting or first married. I did it myself. All he had was a lot of college debt. :) If you're finding only women who want your money, you're looking in the wrong places.

    There are women out there who partner with men who don't have a job and are alcoholics and/or drug addicts, and the women wind up supporting the whole family. It's happening more and more frequently because so many men want to be Peter Pan for the rest of their lives.

    Human behavior can't be reduced to the kind of behaviors that have been described by some posters.

    Nor are all men as highly sexed as the myth would have people believe; some just don't admit they're not. Trust me...women talk, and honestly, unlike men. It differs from individual to individual and even perhaps from group to group. While women who treat men as a sexual commodity may be in the minority, they exist, and the numbers are getting bigger all the time from what I can see. A lot of it has to do with power, which women never had, and the freedom from consequences brought by contraception. Speed of arousal and those kinds of things are different, but there's a lot of ED out there too and especially as men age, or so it seems from all the tv commercials.

  18. #93
    Elite member Fire Haired14's Avatar
    Join Date
    20-04-14
    Posts
    2,194

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b DF27*
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5b2a2b1

    Country: USA - Illinois



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Just because things are sometimes true, or even often true, doesn't mean they're always true. It's a mistake, in my opinion, to think in such stereotypical terms.

    There are a lot of women who marry for love men who have nothing in terms of material possessions when they are courting or first married. I did it myself. All he had was a lot of college debt. :) If you're finding only women who want your money, you're looking in the wrong places.

    There are women out there who partner with men who don't have a job and are alcoholics and/or drug addicts, and the women wind up supporting the whole family. It's happening more and more frequently because so many men want to be Peter Pan for the rest of their lives.

    Human behavior can't be reduced to the kind of behaviors that have been described by some posters.

    Nor are all men as highly sexed as the myth would have people believe; some just don't admit they're not. Trust me...women talk, and honestly, unlike men. It differs from individual to individual and even perhaps from group to group. While women who treat men as a sexual commodity may be in the minority, they exist, and the numbers are getting bigger all the time from what I can see. A lot of it has to do with power, which women never had, and the freedom from consequences brought by contraception. Speed of arousal and those kinds of things are different, but there's a lot of ED out there too and especially as men age, or so it seems from all the tv commercials.
    True. We're just pointing out trends.

  19. #94
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,147


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    From a noted female geneticist, some insight on why it is still difficult for women to compete in certain very demanding fields:

    http://www.nytimes.com/2015/12/15/sc...ment.html?_r=0

    "Your career began in a time when there were tremendous barriers against women entering the sciences. How were you able to do it?
    I think it, in part, was because I had a lot of support from men.
    My late husband, Herman Witkin, an experimental psychologist, was a real feminist. He believed my career was as important as his. For 10 years, he commuted four hours every day to his work in Brooklyn so that I could keep mine at Cold Spring Harbor. When our second child was an infant, he had a sabbatical. He wrote a book with the baby in his lap most of the time."

    "Some time in the 1950s, Vannevar Bush, who’d headed the Carnegie Institution of Washington — Cold Spring Harbor’s laboratory was its department of genetics — sent his college-age granddaughter to talk to me about family and career. “The secret,” I told her, “is to have a husband like Herman Witkin and boss like Vannevar Bush.”

    How exactly was Bush helpful?
    When I was pregnant with my first child, he came to my lab and said it was important to make scientific careers possible for women. What did I need? I told him, maternity leave and to return only part time. He said, “Done, and we’re not going to cut your salary because I know you’re going to do a full-time job.” That act alone made it possible for me to stay with my research."


    That's the story in a nutshell. I'd add another man to the list: a woman's father. Practically every successful woman I've ever met had a father who validated her intelligence and drive and ambition; actually, more than validated them, he fostered them.

  20. #95
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    03-02-16
    Posts
    5


    Country: Canada-Ontario



    1 members found this post helpful.
    I got to say some of these comments are very funny, particularly those by people like Garrick. Saying that women should have "equal rights" yet can't compete against males, should only compete against females, etc. Talk about a hypocritical mindset - I guess women only have "rights" as long as those rights are convenient otherwise forget it.

    I mean this really made me laugh


    Quote Originally Posted by Garrick View Post
    Key male advantage is not brutal strength.


    Key advantage is strategic thinking.


    How men developed better strategic thinking, probably due to hunting.


    Women did not go to hunt and they did not develop strategic thinking as men.


    To hunt animals especially large animals men had to make different strategies.

    Really? I guess you don't know that some tribes have female hunters. The African Aka tribe for example - guys sit looking pretty babysitting while the wives go hunting. And that's just one tribe.


    So what are they, aliens?




    As for strategic thinking being a male only "skill" I call BS. I've seen plenty of men who are lucky they can think their way out of a wet paper bag without directions.




    But then I am a woman, former military, and I have worked in VERY male dominated fields. This includes working security to help pay for my education at a mall infested with drug activity - drug dealers, gang members, and druggies - so bad that the police mostly turned a blind eye and would not step foot on the property unless someone was getting the sh&t kicked out of them or already dead. Or only when my male "strategic thinking" fellow security guards were threatened by guns after going up to two vehicles parked in the back, middle of nowhere, and banging on the passenger window - anyone with two eyes would know that that was a drug deal going down at 5000 paces.


    Because I was always thinking, on the ball split second decisions, I never once had an issue at this mall for the 2 years I worked there. In fact, because I learnt swiftly the "lay of the land" I even ended up having the drug dealers - and a 6'4" tattooed like a road map patched Hellsangel member - actually going out of their way to tell me who among their "clients" were going to be an issue for the day or week.


    It always makes me laugh, thinking back to that neighborhood and another mall I ended up working at, when two male security guards could not get a 18 year old boy [scrawny lanky runt] to go home and were actually thinking of charging him - as in tackling, etc. - despite how it was recorded three times this kid had been violent and oftentimes carried a weapon on him - he stabbed his step father with a broken wine bottle in broad daylight - and yet stepping out of my vehicle for shift change all I had to do was say his name and tell him to go home. He left shouting at the other "strategically thinking" male guards that I do 150% work for my job and these two were jokers.




    I later went on to work in a mental health facility for the criminally insane. So by no means little wimps flexing muscle thinking themselves tough [we had cannibals, serial rapists, killers, psychopaths and sociopaths, etc.] I never had a run in because I was always thinking, again.




    But if you equate strategic thinking with rush head first into situations - bull-headed, act first, think later - behavior then yes... males take that cake. Intelligent women are as strategically thinking if not more so because a) we're smaller and oftentimes physically weaker so it'd be hard to go one on one with some nut [you have to think on your feet how to handle a situation as a woman while men mostly rely on their strength].


    Ultimately though, no women are not equal. Intelligence wise, yes certainly - my neighborhood here is plagued by "cool" guys who drive up and down a residential street well beyond the speed limit despite multiple signs saying school zone, school crossing, autistic & deaf children. Skill wise, certainly - or we wouldn't have a number of luxuries that men & women use to pamper their arses on a daily basis [a number of inventions are due to women].


    Employment wise - hahah. Joke. My cousin graduated early in her engineering class, top of the class, her "job" is little more than a receptionist for some all boys' club company.


    And I will say that. I believe in women's rights, equality, etc. However, within reason.


    Don't scream "unfair" because you don't get your way... such modern-day attitude of so-called "feminist" probably makes the original feminists [who did voting, etc] roll in their graves. Even I get fed up with women screaming unfair - there was some "doctor" in the UK a couple months, a year maybe, who bitched she wasn't been taken seriously by her patients - she dressed in tight clothes, wore too much makeup, and dyed her hair blonde. I'd not have taken her seriously either.

  21. #96
    Regular Member Dalmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-02-10
    Posts
    265


    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    I'm all for the enjoyment part, but that's after hours, so to speak. :) When I'm practicing my profession, I am directly competing against another person, that's the nature of my profession; there's nothing collaborative about it. More often than not that other person is a man. I give no quarter, and I expect none. Let the best "man" win, and that "man" is usually me, to toot my own horn. :) Oh, and it involves a great deal of strategic thinking, sometimes in preparation, but often on my feet as they say. Women, as well as men, come in different varieties.

    Ed. I also don't at all buy this idea that women aren't competitive. They've always been competitive as heck in the "fields" open to them and remain so to this day, over looks, men, their children, even their houses and clothes. There are whole television shows devoted to the subject. Now that they are in other arenas, they're competitive there too. My daughter is a superb athlete, a better athlete than my son, in lacrosse, tennis, swimming, and she's extraordinarily competitive. I'm ashamed to admit that I've sometimes encouraged her to hold back just a trifle in the early courtship phases and not totally trounce a new boyfriend who might not be as adept as she is at all these things, but she absolutely won't hear of it. Her attitude is that if he can't take it that she's a better tennis player than he is, for example, he's not for her. Of course, there are some men who can beat her, but she doesn't much like it.:)
    you seem to have chip on your shoulder.

    Ii personally dont find women who have mentality of just waiting to stick it up to the man very attractive.


    My guess you wouldn't either find a man who just wont to stick it up to the women attractive either, you would probably think about him as sexist *******



    It seems in new age there is a some kind of complex of women towards men building up by media and such, and i think its cancerous to society and civilization, men dont fear successful women, i think we are disgusted by them, because as i said before women like that usually are of mentality mentioned above.

    Problem of course comes from sexes, and competitive nature of businesses, men dont have problem fighting other men, most of us find it natural actually, but fighting another women, men will either go batshit crazy and become sexist as a form of self defense, or withdraw

    So my conclusion is that this trend if it continues, we will see more and more sexist men fighting sexist women, its a nature of competition. Is it a good thing or not, its up to every individual to decide

  22. #97
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,116

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by TDGBlitz08 View Post
    I got to say some of these comments are very funny, particularly those by people like Garrick. Saying that women should have "equal rights" yet can't compete against males, should only compete against females, etc. Talk about a hypocritical mindset - I guess women only have "rights" as long as those rights are convenient otherwise forget it.

    I mean this really made me laugh





    Really? I guess you don't know that some tribes have female hunters. The African Aka tribe for example - guys sit looking pretty babysitting while the wives go hunting. And that's just one tribe.


    So what are they, aliens?




    As for strategic thinking being a male only "skill" I call BS. I've seen plenty of men who are lucky they can think their way out of a wet paper bag without directions.




    But then I am a woman, former military, and I have worked in VERY male dominated fields. This includes working security to help pay for my education at a mall infested with drug activity - drug dealers, gang members, and druggies - so bad that the police mostly turned a blind eye and would not step foot on the property unless someone was getting the sh&t kicked out of them or already dead. Or only when my male "strategic thinking" fellow security guards were threatened by guns after going up to two vehicles parked in the back, middle of nowhere, and banging on the passenger window - anyone with two eyes would know that that was a drug deal going down at 5000 paces.


    Because I was always thinking, on the ball split second decisions, I never once had an issue at this mall for the 2 years I worked there. In fact, because I learnt swiftly the "lay of the land" I even ended up having the drug dealers - and a 6'4" tattooed like a road map patched Hellsangel member - actually going out of their way to tell me who among their "clients" were going to be an issue for the day or week.


    It always makes me laugh, thinking back to that neighborhood and another mall I ended up working at, when two male security guards could not get a 18 year old boy [scrawny lanky runt] to go home and were actually thinking of charging him - as in tackling, etc. - despite how it was recorded three times this kid had been violent and oftentimes carried a weapon on him - he stabbed his step father with a broken wine bottle in broad daylight - and yet stepping out of my vehicle for shift change all I had to do was say his name and tell him to go home. He left shouting at the other "strategically thinking" male guards that I do 150% work for my job and these two were jokers.




    I later went on to work in a mental health facility for the criminally insane. So by no means little wimps flexing muscle thinking themselves tough [we had cannibals, serial rapists, killers, psychopaths and sociopaths, etc.] I never had a run in because I was always thinking, again.




    But if you equate strategic thinking with rush head first into situations - bull-headed, act first, think later - behavior then yes... males take that cake. Intelligent women are as strategically thinking if not more so because a) we're smaller and oftentimes physically weaker so it'd be hard to go one on one with some nut [you have to think on your feet how to handle a situation as a woman while men mostly rely on their strength].


    Ultimately though, no women are not equal. Intelligence wise, yes certainly - my neighborhood here is plagued by "cool" guys who drive up and down a residential street well beyond the speed limit despite multiple signs saying school zone, school crossing, autistic & deaf children. Skill wise, certainly - or we wouldn't have a number of luxuries that men & women use to pamper their arses on a daily basis [a number of inventions are due to women].


    Employment wise - hahah. Joke. My cousin graduated early in her engineering class, top of the class, her "job" is little more than a receptionist for some all boys' club company.


    And I will say that. I believe in women's rights, equality, etc. However, within reason.


    Don't scream "unfair" because you don't get your way... such modern-day attitude of so-called "feminist" probably makes the original feminists [who did voting, etc] roll in their graves. Even I get fed up with women screaming unfair - there was some "doctor" in the UK a couple months, a year maybe, who bitched she wasn't been taken seriously by her patients - she dressed in tight clothes, wore too much makeup, and dyed her hair blonde. I'd not have taken her seriously either.



    Since all humans are conceived as females ( about 6weeks after, if one has a Y chromosome does then one become a male ) then the fault of unequal
    ity begins with "modern religions" starting from Judaism. These religions began the propaganda of inequality in our society and still persists today especially in Islam religion.

    The covering of the body by clothes of one's sex further portrays the female as inferior.

    The fight by females must begin against these religions of Islam, Christian, Judaism etc to eventually gain what I expect to be equal ...............
    có che un pòpoło no 'l defende pi ła só łéngua el xe prónto par èser s'ciavo

    when a people no longer dares to defend its language it is ripe for slavery.

  23. #98
    Regular Member Dalmat's Avatar
    Join Date
    28-02-10
    Posts
    265


    Ethnic group
    Croatian
    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Sile View Post
    The covering of the body by clothes of one's sex further portrays the female as inferior.
    i dont think thats the case, it may derived into that in Islam today, but original intention was probably to protect women from horny men.

    Men sexuality is visual, we get turned on by female bodies, and in more archaic stage of civilization, where chopping of limbs and heads was commonplace you see on the streets, men were probably not expected to suppress their urges as are today, hell even today men are incapable of doing so, especially during puberty

  24. #99
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-07-14
    Posts
    49


    Country: Morocco



    NO,men are superior,no doubt,kuran confirm this.

  25. #100
    Regular Member Sile's Avatar
    Join Date
    04-09-11
    Location
    Australia
    Posts
    5,116

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    T1a2 -Z19945..Jura
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H95a1 ..Pannoni

    Ethnic group
    North Alpine Italian
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by -RIFFIAN- View Post
    NO,men are superior,no doubt,kuran confirm this.
    Do not worry, you like all of us where conceived as female .............the propaganda by religions has influenced your sense of reasoning .

    The Kuran like the Bible and all other religious books was written by men as propaganda for their superiority............these writers where insecure with themselves as men

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Are humans all born equal ?
    By Maciamo in forum Psychology
    Replies: 56
    Last Post: 14-07-13, 09:26
  2. Things to Never Say to a Woman During an Argument
    By mad pierrot in forum Humour & Tests
    Replies: 15
    Last Post: 16-10-06, 18:01
  3. Woman guilty over 'naked slave'
    By Wang in forum World News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 12-09-06, 18:23
  4. Kid-porn woman is let off
    By Wang in forum World News
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 20-07-06, 15:09

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •