Hunter-gatherers more violent than farmers

Lol, the accusation of propaganda mainly come from people spreading one. They ignore facts and logical thinking. They are not open for new ideas nor discussing subject in civilized manner. We have always few around and Reinaert turned to be one of them. Sorry to hear your impertinence, crude manners, and abusive tone.
If you feel like discussing something on forum, pick the point, like proving how US loots Iraq. Put forward your logic and information, possibly with links to material you base your understanding on. Let's put a dollar value on looting and don't forget research how much US spent rebuilding. Show us the dollar value of your claim. Do you have one, or you just read this somewhere, and believed it? Let us check it out, who knows, maybe you can change our minds with right material?

You are working for the CIA?
LIES!

For crying out loud, man! I am here to share ideas and learn.

No one defends the US (Of course not perfect, nor is any other country) more vociferously than I do, but I am not here for this.

I thought that we were done with this. That is why I posted my revelant thoughts about Hunter/gatherers.

If I wanted to join a forum where my purpose would be to debate the attributes of my country, I am sure that I would not have a hard time locating one.

Are you OK, man?

Well.. Can you agree with me that people from Islands like Great Britain and America can afford to have loud mouths?

Europeans on the continent have had to seek some diplomatic arrangement for hundreds of years.

It's not about how vigilant or brave a people is, but how intelligent the leaders are.

Europe wants a great economy. Friendly relations with Russia at least.
We can have a Eurasian economy getting stronger and stronger, but Britain and America are on the war path to disturb that European target.
It's that simple.

No, Reinart, it is not 'that simple'. It is you who are the simplistic, reductionist thinker here, offering laughably unitary explanations for complex politico-social phenomena. You engage in the crudest reification here. Countries are not actors in the sense of individual human beings possessing the means to formulate and act upon decisions. There is no entity called 'Britain' with a 'loud mouth' any more than there is an entity called 'the Netherlands' with a tendency towards capitulation, hippy idealism and Advocaat-guzzling. Countries are not stereotypes and they are all made up of different kinds of personalities.

By the way, there is no such thing as inherited ethnic/national guilt either so stop bleating like a sheep about the naughty things Britain did in the past. All European countries, if one delves back into history, have at some time been involved in unfortunate bloodshedding.

Don't make me laugh about mainland Europeans 'having to seek some diplomatic arrangement for hundreds of years'. For the best part of this time, mainland European nations have incessantly warred with each other.

No, Reinart, it is not 'that simple'. It is you who are the simplistic, reductionist thinker here, offering laughably unitary explanations for complex politico-social phenomena. You engage in the crudest reification here. Countries are not actors in the sense of individual human beings possessing the means to formulate and act upon decisions. There is no entity called 'Britain' with a 'loud mouth' any more than there is an entity called 'the Netherlands' with a tendency towards capitulation, hippy idealism and Advocaat-guzzling. Countries are not stereotypes and they are all made up of different kinds of personalities.

By the way, there is no such thing as inherited ethnic/national guilt either so stop bleating like a sheep about the naughty things Britain did in the past. All European countries, if one delves back into history, have at some time been involved in unfortunate bloodshedding.

Bla bla.. We were all sinners but the British were the worst of all...
Agree?

100 year war against France. Reason.. Looting.

In the immortal words of Jimmy Stewart's character in "It's a wonderful Life", George Bailey says "Oh why don't you go annoy somebody else?"

You are working for the CIA?
LIES!

Sorry, but this is not much of an argument I can respond to. Do you have extra information in this regard? Post some valid information, dude!

In the immortal words of Jimmy Stewart's character in "It's a wonderful Life", George Bailey says "Oh why don't you go annoy somebody else?"

I wouldn't have said this better. Bravo!

And that from an annoying American on a European forum. (y)

I guess people from the CIA are busy to influence European media.
So, it's only natural to expect a proper response on American bullshit propaganda.

This post ist the best of all:

Well.. Can you agree with me that people from Islands like Great Britain and America can afford to have loud mouths?

Europeans on the continent have had to seek some diplomatic arrangement for hundreds of years.

It's not about how vigilant or brave a people is, but how intelligent the leaders are.

Europe wants a great economy. Friendly relations with Russia at least.
We can have a Eurasian economy getting stronger and stronger, but Britain and America are on the war path to disturb that European target.
It's that simple.

Sorry for dropping by, I'm a Continental European and I want state clearly that I'm taking strong distance of your thoughts and most other Continental Europeans would probably do, too.
Of course war is dirty! It always is! But do you seriously think that Europe and Russia want to build up an utopian Empire of Love and Peace while the US and the UK are seeking for a war within that place so to have the chance to loot afterwards. Who told you that? Where have you read about it?
You are not less fanatic than a Nazi or a Muslim terrorist: Well chosen words to describe how we are the angels and there are the devils! Pure black and white thoughts! The same accusation you gave to your "enemies".

The sad truth is, Europe is not that wealthy because the people here have been so peace loving the last decades, but because of it's wealth there has been no need for military intervention and hatred for it's neighbours. (BTW very strange view that Great Britain hasn't experienced any wars the last centuries while Continental Europe has, and has been working on peace for hundreds of years -through wars!:confused:) But let things change, let the economy go further down (much further) and blame the neighbours for that misery. I am sure people will get a different opinion of their European neighbours!
Here in Germany many people like to blame the government for it's warfare in Afghanistan, for it's security cams on the streets and over all "Big Brother" and dictatorship mentality. I have to take the subway in Berlin within heavily crowded stations at least twice a day; the numbers of armoured police men have risen the last years, on electronic boards you can read the sentences "please be aware of lone bags and luggage". But just let a bomb blow up -and I'm very sure it will sooner or later- people will blame the gov for haven't acted earlier and seak for revenge. Withdraw all troops from Afghanistan, and watch Al Quaida take over Pakistan, a nation with nuclear weapons, too! Do you seriously think you will still sit there happily and satisfied?
It is not about living in permanent fear for the rest of your life, but it is about staying level-headed!

Bla bla.. We were all sinners but the British were the worst of all...
Agree?

100 year war against France. Reason.. Looting.

No. You invented Advocaat. That in itself is a crime against humanity.

Haha.. Your comment on my posting about warmongers like Great Britain and the USA only prove I am right. Of course the warmongers influence European governments. Wikileaks shows that very clear!!

But members from our goverments are not speaking like the majority of the people. They are bought. There are a lot of relations known between European politicians and American companies.

As I said before, governments use taxpayers money to finance companies.
These companies accumulate enormous profits. These profits are used to influence international trade. Look at the price of gold for instance.

It's pure capitalism to stock lots of it somewhere.. Buy buy buy so the price goes up. And than it's even more profitable to wage a war in Afghanistan to plunder their gold.

On the other hand, so called terrorist threat is used to get more control over the people. The European states change into police states more and more.

BTW Pakistan got nuclear weapons with the support of the USA!!

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Abdul_Qadeer_Khan

The funny part is, the Dutch knew what he was doing, and wanted to arrest him.
But there was an American request to Prime Minister Ruud Lubbers that mister Khan should be able to leave The Netherlands.

One last fact that should make you feel better- the US is not looting- we're losing money like crazy over there. Oh yes, we are also still conducting operations in a place which formerly was a safe haven for terrorists.

US is a capitalist machine and never makes anything free. However, it is very normal and all the superpowers made the same all through the history since they must feed their unemployed people.

can you give the details of money you spend for this "operation".

Haha The real terrorists in this world live in the USA.

US is a capitalist machine and never makes anything free. However, it is very normal and all the superpowers made the same all through the history since they must feed their unemployed people.

can you give the details of money you spend for this "operation".

I bowed out of this discussion a while back. The details which you desire are not that hard to find. Good day to you.

I bowed out of this discussion a while back. The details which you desire are not that hard to find. Good day to you.
it is not hard to find anything that we discuss, but it is important that you see the result when you search.

anyway, nice day to you.

Well Barberian.. This site shows the US debt.

http://www.brillig.com/debt_clock/

Problem is, it doesn't show how many US companies get as a profit.

Taxpayers money is robbed, and the rich get richer.

I feel sorry for the John Doe's in America that don't have a proper medical care, no job, no house, all because some rich families wanted to get even richer.

There's no American Dream, it's an American Nightmare.

No. You invented Advocaat. That in itself is a crime against humanity.

Well, the Brits seemed to have missed some cooking lessons in their past. :grin:
If you mix the yoke of an egg with vinegar, you get mayonnaise.
You can the same stuff with alcohol, and then you get the Dutch Advocaat.
Nothing wrong with it.. Both vinegar and alcohol kill bacteria.

But, to come back to the subject...

Hunter/Gatherers.. Peaceful.. Only incidental clashes.
Farmers.. More complex Sometimes wars with bands of hunter/gatherers. More violence.
Traders/industrialists Very complex society. War is standard to get the materials necessary for waging war. Propaganda is used to oppress the truth. People are fed with lies every day.

Capitalism ultimately needs fascism to persevere.
And that is what we as the people of our planet Earth now experience.

Governements are getting more and more out of democratic control.

Look at the todays Dutch government, in fact a minority government.
The right wing assholes are counting on the support of a bunch of ultra right idiots with a racist background. Geert Wilders is a lunatic, supported by ultra conservative American funds.

That shows what I am very angry about.

Well, the Brits seemed to have missed some cooking lessons in their past. :grin:
If you mix the yoke of an egg with vinegar, you get mayonnaise.
You can the same stuff with alcohol, and then you get the Dutch Advocaat.
Nothing wrong with it.. Both vinegar and alcohol kill bacteria.

But, to come back to the subject...

Hunter/Gatherers.. Peaceful.. Only incidental clashes.
Farmers.. More complex Sometimes wars with bands of hunter/gatherers. More violence.
Traders/industrialists Very complex society. War is standard to get the materials necessary for waging war. Propaganda is used to oppress the truth. People are fed with lies every day.

Capitalism ultimately needs fascism to persevere.
And that is what we as the people of our planet Earth now experience.

Governements are getting more and more out of democratic control.

Look at the todays Dutch government, in fact a minority government.
The right wing assholes are counting on the support of a bunch of ultra right idiots with a racist background. Geert Wilders is a lunatic, supported by ultra conservative American funds.

That shows what I am very angry about.

So, what is your solution? Shall we go back to hunting and gathering now? As trading, industries and also farming will ultimatley lead to war, capitalism and this furthermore to fascism. We have no other choice!

Great summation of Reinaert logic (or whatever he uses to write his posts), thanks Mzungu.
Time to move to the cave Reinaert. :D Your only salvation! Don't wait for the world, be a Gandhi, do what you believe in.

Great summation of Reinaert logic (or whatever he uses to write his posts), thanks Mzungu.
Time to move to the cave Reinaert. :D Your only salvation! Don't wait for the world, be a Gandhi, do what you believe in.

You only ridiculize yourself with this post.

Just wanted to get back to the subject.

You fail to have good arguments against what I wrote, that's why you start behaving like a kid.

This thread has been viewed 49429 times.

Back