UP Sweden

Starship

No Beer No Point
Reaction score
Ethnic group
Irish
Teddy Bear Row

We all heard the story by now of Mrs Gibbons from Britain working as a teacher in Sudan.

She was spared a flogging after a seven hour trial at which she was sentenced to 15 days in jail; she spent 8 days in custody for insulting Islam before being pardoned by President Omar al-Bashir.

Her crime, she allowed her pupils pick the name of their teddy and they picked Muhammad.

Saudi Rape Victim

Back in November a young Saudi woman (19 years old) was found in the company of another man not her husband, both were driven to another location and gang raped. The culprits were tried and given various sentences up to 5 years, but it did not end there the woman was also found guilty of what you ask ? well the inexcusable crime of being with another man not her husband.
Seemingly she was attempting to retrieve a photograph from an old boyfriend as she was about to be married to another man. I don?ft know whether this is true or not and I do the woman an injustice by even mentioning it because really does it matter.
So what was her punishment for this 100 lashes, and for daring to protest and according to the judiciary using the media to influence them another 100 lashes. Apparently 200 lashes have to be meted out in smaller doses as to go through the ordeal all at once would be fatal and that?fs just not cricket is it.

Fortunately for this woman she was pardoned by the Saudi Royal family, perhaps influenced by the international bask lash of revulsion or perhaps that?fs just how things get done in Saudi.

Topless Swimmers Make waves in Sweden

On a number of occasions this year a group calling themselves Bara Brost or Bare Breasts have been demonstrating in Sweden

Their cause well the campaign is to start a debate about why women?fs bodies are sexualized. Ferm their spokesperson said – ?gThe fact that men can be bare chested in public swimming pools but not women is a concrete example of how women have fewer rights than men.?h
About 40 women have joined the network and staged topless protests at public swimming pools in around at least 3 cities in Sweden.

I for one totally support Bara Brost and if anyone can let me know when and where the next protest is to be staged in advance then I will be there. Right behind you ladies, or beside or in front where ever you feel I might do the most good.

Out of curiosity what is the flight time from Stockholm to Riyadh? 500 years?

You know the problem with this world? There are not enough Swedes.

Topless Swimmers Make waves in Sweden

On a number of occasions this year a group calling themselves Bara Brost or Bare Breasts have been demonstrating in Sweden

I for one totally support Bara Brost and if anyone can let me know when and where the next protest is to be staged in advance then I will be there. ...
No need to wait for the next protest. They´ve already won, regionally, so whenever you´re in Malmö drop by "Aq-va-kul" indoor, pubic, swimming/bathes and you may get lucky.

This thread has been viewed 6297 times.

Back