Do modern Europeans partly descend from Neanderthal ?

I predict that in the future a Neanderthal Y-DNA will be discovered in a living male. Maybe it is carried by only 1 in a few million males of Asia or Europe.

I believe 1-2% is avg for most humans 2-5% for most neanderthal maximum.

I predict that in the future a Neanderthal Y-DNA will be discovered in a living male. Maybe it is carried by only 1 in a few million males of Asia or Europe.

There has to be some A Y-haplogroup and L mt-haplogroup in Europe that's from very ancient populations rather than from africans.

Along those lines we may discover a neandertal haplogroup, that I suspect to be younger than those of current samples

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Neanderthals lived in small groups and were likely easily wiped out by larger groups of mainly male migrants into their regions. The male Neanderthals that is.

I wouldn't be so sure about that. Neanderthals lived in small groups and were likely easily wiped out by larger groups of mainly male migrants into their regions. The male Neanderthals that is.
Could be possible but very unlikely. A african american male was discovered with a rare Y dna
https://www.sci.news/genetics/artic...re African American,tree to 338,000 years ago.

Study Says Oldest Known Human Y-Chromosome Branch Dates to 338,000 Years Ago

About 300,000 years ago falls around the time the Neanderthals are believed to have split from the ancestral human lineage. It was not until more than 100,000 years later that anatomically modern humans appear in the fossil record. They differ from the more archaic forms by a more lightly built skeleton, a smaller face tucked under a high forehead, the absence of a cranial ridge and smaller chins.

Prof Hammer said that the newly discovered Y chromosome variation is extremely rare. Through large database searches, his team eventually was able to find a similar chromosome in the Mbo, a population living in a tiny area of western Cameroon in sub-Saharan Africa.

Why was the mixing done by Sapiens males and Neanderthal females and not Neanderthal males and Sapiens females? It is easier for vanquished women than vanquished men, to have children with victors, but in this case it may not have been like that. Let me tell you a joke: Relationships between Homo Sapiens men and Neanderthal women could be difficult, Homo Sapiens men would find Neanderthal women were nightmare characters, and Neanderthals would find Homo Sapiens men were a bunch of treacherous homosexuals of a perverse intelligence. Communication may have been more important by the other side: Neanderthal men must have adored Sapiens women in the tropical sensuality of their dances and adornments. The first Sapiens Europeans may have been Women Sapiens kidnapped by Neanderthals. Neanderthals would do a great party with the Sapiens girls and with the daughters that they made with them. With the continuation of the addiction to this "tropical drug", these Neanderthal Raptors, of Neanderthals would only have the Y chromosome and would end up integrating into the Homo Sapiens groups."

Why was the mixing done by Sapiens males and Neanderthal females and not Neanderthal males and Sapiens females?

There is a paper from 2016 that analyses the Neanderthal Y chromosome and finds the presence of three genes known to cause immune reactions by the mothers immune system against the fetus. So no male hybrids if that was correct.

Theres no modern human with neanderthal haplogrouo

Why was the mixing done by Sapiens males and Neanderthal females and not Neanderthal males and Sapiens females? It is easier for vanquished women than vanquished men, to have children with victors, but in this case it may not have been like that. Let me tell you a joke: Relationships between Homo Sapiens men and Neanderthal women could be difficult, Homo Sapiens men would find Neanderthal women were nightmare characters, and Neanderthals would find Homo Sapiens men were a bunch of treacherous homosexuals of a perverse intelligence. Communication may have been more important by the other side: Neanderthal men must have adored Sapiens women in the tropical sensuality of their dances and adornments. The first Sapiens Europeans may have been Women Sapiens kidnapped by Neanderthals. Neanderthals would do a great party with the Sapiens girls and with the daughters that they made with them. With the continuation of the addiction to this "tropical drug", these Neanderthal Raptors, of Neanderthals would only have the Y chromosome and would end up integrating into the Homo Sapiens groups."

Let's say there were 30,000 Neanderthals at given times. Spread all over Europe and some Asia in communities of average 30. That would mean only 1000 Neanderthal villages. Out of all of those 30, how many were warrior aged males? maybe 7? How big were the groups of (mostly male?) sapiens migrating and then running into Neanderthal villages here and there?

Those males were hungry and they saw the villages and the females. What do you think happened? They were invited over for some tea and then left peacefully?

My guess would be that in the process of thousands of years, Neanderthal males wound up outnumbered and killed and then women taken to have Sapiens babies.

There may not be Neanderthal mtDNA haplogroups present today, but several likely derived from them.

I doubt any Neanderthal male ever had the opportunity to mate the sapiens females.

Let's say there were 30,000 Neanderthals at given times. Spread all over Europe and some Asia in communities of average 30. That would mean only 1000 Neanderthal villages. Out of all of those 30, how many were warrior aged males? maybe 7? How big were the groups of (mostly male?) sapiens migrating and then running into Neanderthal villages here and there?

Those males were hungry and they saw the villages and the females. What do you think happened? They were invited over for some tea and then left peacefully?

My guess would be that in the process of thousands of years, Neanderthal males wound up outnumbered and killed and then women taken to have Sapiens babies.

There may not be Neanderthal mtDNA haplogroups present today, but several likely derived from them.

I doubt any Neanderthal male ever had the opportunity to mate the sapiens females.

Even if an isolated case happened, I read in some paper that the woman and child probably perished in childbirth because the Neanderthal skull would have had difficulty passing through the birth canal.

Past human expansions shaped the spatial pattern of Neanderthal ancestry
December 22, 2022.

The Out-of-Africa expansion of modern humans into Eurasia resulted in spatial gradients of Neanderthal ancestry that persisted through time. Moreover, while keeping the same gradient orientation, the expansion of early Neolithic farmers into western Eurasia contributed decisively to reducing the average level of Neandertal genomic introgression in European compared to Asian populations. This is because Neolithic farmers carried less Neanderthal DNA than preceding Palaeolithic hunter-gatherers.

https://doi.org/10.1101/2022.12.22.521596

This thread has been viewed 309720 times.

Back