Level completed: 54%, Points required for next Level: 369
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celtiberians

Most people in the world and even in Europe, have a very distorted image of Spain.
    They only know about the gypsie culture, or confuse Spain with latin america.
    However, the Real Spain, is very different : in Spain we have different cultures: Catalan, Basque, Galician, Asturian , Castilian, etc..and they are all indeed european cultures of Celtic, Iberian, Roman, Germanic origin .

The gypsy hollywood culture, it's just a myth, that goes back to Franco times, who promoted this MINORITY culture, because it's not true, it's not the reality, and people who like bulls are just a minority of old aged people.

Regular Member Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 542

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Most people in the world and even in Europe, have a very distorted image of Spain.
    They only know about the gypsie culture, or confuse Spain with latin america.
    However, the Real Spain, is very different : in Spain we have different cultures: Catalan, Basque, Galician, Asturian , Castilian, ..and they are all indeed european cultures of different background : Celtic, Iberian, Roman, Germanic, etc

The gypsy hollywood culture is only practiced by a minority of old aged gypsies in South Spain, and that's about it.
    So very true... Much of the world is filled with ignorant, badly educated people. Quite sad.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celtiberians

It's funny because tourists are more interested in bull riding than real spaniards lol, about 80% of people in bulls riding are tourists, the rest are old-aged people. It's more of a business thing than a reality. They don't want to burst people's bubbles, tourism here is a big business.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celtiberians

Nobody listens to flamenco in Spain...that's the TRUTH

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 27.0%

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

No more than Austrians sing Tyrolean songs.

To be fair Flamenco isn't really Spanish, but a fusion of Arabic, Sephardic Jewish and Gypsy music/dance. Chicken Tikka Massala was invented in Britain by Indian immigrants, but that does not make it British for all that.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

Darn, it was my dream to live in Spain, and once a month go to local Taverna for Flamenco music. Thanks for ruining it.
    I'm a ****** for a music that conveys lots of pain, like flamenco, morna or fado with Cesaria Evora, russian protest songs with Vladimir Visotzky, or piano music of Chopin.

1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Darn, it was my dream to live in Spain, and once a month go to local Taverna for Flamenco music. Thanks for ruining it.
    I'm a ****** for a music that conveys lots of pain, like flamenco, morna or fado with Cesaria Evora, russian protest songs with Vladimir Visotzky, or piano music of Chopin.
    The fact is that we spaniards dont listen to flamenco and we never "go to local Taverna for Flamenco music". Flamenco is mainly for turists.

^ lynx ^

Flamenco is like a tradition for gipsy families in Spain, in almost every family they teach their children to either dance flamenco or play the guitar... this doesn't happen with non-gipsy families in Spain. That's why most of flamenco artists are gipsies (Joaquin Cortes or maestro Paco de Lucia...).

When Franco's regime openned Spain to the world our tourism industry portrayed Spain as sun, beach, bullfighting and flamenco... that was a cultural suicide. Spain is much more than just that.
    Last edited by ^ lynx ^; 17-12-09 at 05:22.

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253

Ethnic group
    Amerindian + German + French + Spaniard + Black + others

Quote Originally Posted by ^ lynx ^ View Post
    Well, I don't want to generalize but some Latinamericans can be a pain in the ass.
    Yes, some of us are quite obnoxious...

It has been 200 years since they won their independence, and still there are some people blaming Spain for almost all the problems their countries have... and while they blame on us they keep voting for corrupt bast*rds to rule them. And then you have people like Hugo Chavez, populists as*holes who don't know to talk about anything else but the evil USA and the evil Spain.
    Hugo Chavez is my hero.

The most corrupt ¨bast*rds are those that betray Latin America because they feel attached to Spain.

Hugo Chavez and other leftist Presidents in Latin America, do not waste their time looking for ways to insult Spain. They use their time advancing their countries.

We are a nation with a strong personality,...
    Don't tell me...

... we care a lot about our own culture(s) and sometimes it's misled with other cultures like mexican's. I love Mexico, it's a beutiful country with a great past but this kind of things...

(image)

...can be annoying for us sometimes.
    Where did you get this image? And what is supposed to be wrong with it? That it somehow confound Spaniards with Mexicans, or something?

The hat is not a Mexican hat, and the moustache could be Italian... I think that you sould go to the shrink. Nobody is going to confound this with anything Mexican. Maybe it is your complex of dark-skinned South European, that is haunting you.

And then you have these cheesy Latinamerican tv soap operas, which use to be misled as spanish tv soap operas in some East-European countries. Latinamerican soap operas use to make sexist or even homophobic remarks... they show a society that is far from being like the spanish society.
    There you are!!

Shurely the success of some Mexican soap-operas in the Russian TV in the 90s was for you some sort of nightmare!!!

Spanish society is more advanced than latinamerican... yes I know this is snob, but it's the reality. Spain legalized same-sex marriage a few years ago, this is almost an utopia in Latinamerica.

So I wouldn't say this snobbery thing it's a racist thing.
    For me, you could be as snob and racist as you like... well, I don't know if someone is going to counfound you with a Norwegean or Swede in the streets of Berlin, for example.

I am serious!!! 50 Million Spaniards do not take the sleep away from us, 500 million Latin Americans.

Adios.

^ lynx ^

See? This is what I was trying to explain. These people is too much sensitive and bitter, whenever we try to separate ourselves from them they take it as a personal insult... .

Hugo Chavez and other leftist Presidents in Latin America, do not waste their time looking for ways to insult Spain.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZqXJ6lDL1QQ
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cdSE-lI6eEA

Sure, that's why he has his own weekly tv program "Alo, Presidente"... to spit on whoever he wants (including Spain).

That's why you'll never progress, you keep supporting 'politicians' that treat your countries like their Banana Republics and it's citizens like sheeps.

I am serious!!! 50 Million Spaniards do not take the sleep away from us, 500 million Latin Americans.
    Sure. Check out youtube or any spanish websites, everything related to Spain or spaniards is always full of resentful latinamerican ****** making a joke of themselves with their irrational hate towards Spain. You can't say the same about spaniards in latinamericans websites.

Adios (Hopefully).
    Last edited by ^ lynx ^; 17-12-09 at 22:37. Reason: spelling

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celtiberians

Typical Mexican anger and jelousy towards Spaniards...Why can't you accept the fact that we have nothing to do with you Mexicans ?? That we are White Europeans with european culture and traditions....Why get angered when we say we don't want to be confused with mexicans !! That's not attacking anyone, it's just the truth, you are Indians and we Euroepans, it's not the difficult to comprehend ...

^ lynx ^

I hope to be wrong but I'm afraid this isn't going to end well.

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic

Quote Originally Posted by ^ lynx ^ View Post
    I hope to be wrong but I'm afraid this isn't going to end well.
    I agree...

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Three FriendsRecommendation First ClassVeteran50000 Experience PointsTagger First Class
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Just a reminder that this thread is not the one about Spaniards being white, but about what Europeans think about each others. Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

Ethnic group
    Celtiberians

Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Just a reminder that this thread is not the one about Spaniards being white, but about what Europeans think about each others. Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?
    A meixcan guy entered in all the discussions related with spaniards..I wonder why

Level

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic

I think the Mexican contributor is the one who started discussing Latin America and Latin Americans.

^ lynx ^

Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?
    I answered to the stereotype of "spaniards being snobs towards Latin Americans" saying that some Latin Americans can be a pain in the ass for us sometimes... now our mexican friend seems committed to prove my point.

Greetings.

Banned Achievements:
    1000 Experience PointsVeteran

Level
    Level completed: 37%, Points required for next Level: 253

Ethnic group
    Amerindian + German + French + Spaniard + Black + others

Hello, @Maciamo, in Post #24 of this thema, Lynx began to talk about how he felt that Spaniards were compared with Mexicans and some confound backward Latin American Soap Operas with a product of Spain.

That, as you rightly say, was not in accord with the spirit of this Thread.

Regards.

^ lynx ^

As I said I was trying to answer to the "spaniards being snob towards Latin americans" stereotype... this shouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the natives of the New World's hypersensibility.

Nicolas Peucelle Achievements:
    3 months registered

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2

Ethnic group
    Part time Cro Magnon

Today... in the good mood I'm right now.. this evening... I think that we can be satisfied to be europeans and look forward to times where wars and destructions of our commun achievements will be the "errors" of our past. We may still take war monging parties while reading history books about heroic actions and sacrifices, feel that some did wrong or worse and evil, but at the end... the europeans need to come to the conclusion that we need to be the "builder" and "developer" of this continent, be the example for the rest of the world, and do this without sending to battles against each other our most motivated people, ever again. I often say to people I meet in backward regions of the world with wars still going on... "take us europeans as a sample now.. we killed more people right in front of our doorsteps.. than you folks massacre in your present war.. so be confident that it may just become peaceful some day like in Europe in your places, too...we have been far worse and efficient in destroying a lot of things back home in Europe.. so once you understand how we succeeded to get along finaly, you will be fine, too !"

Quote Originally Posted by Sirius2b View Post
    Hello, @Maciamo, in Post #24 of this thema, Lynx began to talk about how he felt that Spaniards were compared with Mexicans and some confound backward Latin American Soap Operas with a product of Spain.

That, as you rightly say, was not in accord with the spirit of this Thread.

Regards.
    Perdona, pero todo esto viene a colacion de lo qeu se puso en el primer mensaje y que es la tematica del hilo no porque lynx sacara nada :

The Spaniards ― Honestly, very little antagonism against the Spanish or by the Spanish. No one really seems to dislike them, and they don’t seem to really dislike anyone else. (Yes, some Spaniards near the border to France don’t like the French very much) Not entirely sure why. However, God forbid you speak Spanish with a Latin American accent ― there is still a lot of snobbery among Spaniards towards Latin Americans. Spaniards consider themselves white and European, and would be deeply insulted if you suggested they were Latin American of any kind.

Asi que no es algo que alguien sacara porque si. Sigo sin entender que tipo de problema tienes contra nosotros.

Satyavrata Achievements:
    Level

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

Quote Originally Posted by Dean View Post
    Perdona, pero todo esto viene a colacion de lo qeu se puso en el primer mensaje y que es la tematica del hilo no porque lynx sacara nada :

The Spaniards ― Honestly, very little antagonism against the Spanish or by the Spanish. No one really seems to dislike them, and they don’t seem to really dislike anyone else. (Yes, some Spaniards near the border to France don’t like the French very much) Not entirely sure why. However, God forbid you speak Spanish with a Latin American accent ― there is still a lot of snobbery among Spaniards towards Latin Americans. Spaniards consider themselves white and European, and would be deeply insulted if you suggested they were Latin American of any kind.

Asi que no es algo que alguien sacara porque si. Sigo sin entender que tipo de problema tienes contra nosotros.
    I see why our fellow Mexican reacted the way he did. Lynx was trying to make a point, but he overdid it a bit, not thinking about the feelings of the Latin Americans as he wrote that. It could have been formulated otherwise. But what's done is done. Let's just stop the argument about Latin America here.

I agree with you, Maciamo. Lets stop.

^ lynx ^

It could have been formulated otherwise.
    You don't get it. It doesn't matter HOW I would have written my message he would have felt insulted ANYWAYS. Look, I know this people very well they are completely resentful and obsessed with us, I'm feed up with this **** all over internet believe me.

Just check out Sirius' messages archive, he has started his own personal "vendetta" against the Iberians... He claimed they aren't obsessed with us and that he didn't get into the forum to talk about us but 90% of his messages are already about ******ng against us.

You get a ***** into the forum but you haven't noticed... yet. Good luck.

Greetings.

Heber Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 374

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b1b2a1a2f (L21)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1a1

Ethnic group
    Celtic