What Europeans think of each other

Just a reminder that this thread is not the one about Spaniards being white, but about what Europeans think about each others. Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?

I think the Mexican contributor is the one who started discussing Latin America and Latin Americans.

Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?

I answered to the stereotype of "spaniards being snobs towards Latin Americans" saying that some Latin Americans can be a pain in the ass for us sometimes... now our mexican friend seems committed to prove my point.

Greetings.

Just a reminder that this thread is not the one about Spaniards being white, but about what Europeans think about each others. Why did we start talking about Latin America here ?

Hello, @Maciamo, in Post #24 of this thema, Lynx began to talk about how he felt that Spaniards were compared with Mexicans and some confound backward Latin American Soap Operas with a product of Spain.

That, as you rightly say, was not in accord with the spirit of this Thread.

Regards.

As I said I was trying to answer to the "spaniards being snob towards Latin americans" stereotype... this shouldn't have been a problem if it wasn't for the natives of the New World's hypersensibility.

Today... in the good mood I'm right now.. this evening... I think that we can be satisfied to be europeans and look forward to times where wars and destructions of our commun achievements will be the "errors" of our past. We may still take war monging parties while reading history books about heroic actions and sacrifices, feel that some did wrong or worse and evil, but at the end... the europeans need to come to the conclusion that we need to be the "builder" and "developer" of this continent, be the example for the rest of the world, and do this without sending to battles against each other our most motivated people, ever again. I often say to people I meet in backward regions of the world with wars still going on... "take us europeans as a sample now.. we killed more people right in front of our doorsteps.. than you folks massacre in your present war.. so be confident that it may just become peaceful some day like in Europe in your places, too...we have been far worse and efficient in destroying a lot of things back home in Europe.. so once you understand how we succeeded to get along finaly, you will be fine, too !"

Hello, @Maciamo, in Post #24 of this thema, Lynx began to talk about how he felt that Spaniards were compared with Mexicans and some confound backward Latin American Soap Operas with a product of Spain.

That, as you rightly say, was not in accord with the spirit of this Thread.

Regards.

Perdona, pero todo esto viene a colacion de lo qeu se puso en el primer mensaje y que es la tematica del hilo no porque lynx sacara nada :

The Spaniards ― Honestly, very little antagonism against the Spanish or by the Spanish. No one really seems to dislike them, and they don’t seem to really dislike anyone else. (Yes, some Spaniards near the border to France don’t like the French very much) Not entirely sure why. However, God forbid you speak Spanish with a Latin American accent ― there is still a lot of snobbery among Spaniards towards Latin Americans. Spaniards consider themselves white and European, and would be deeply insulted if you suggested they were Latin American of any kind.

Asi que no es algo que alguien sacara porque si. Sigo sin entender que tipo de problema tienes contra nosotros.

Perdona, pero todo esto viene a colacion de lo qeu se puso en el primer mensaje y que es la tematica del hilo no porque lynx sacara nada :

The Spaniards ― Honestly, very little antagonism against the Spanish or by the Spanish. No one really seems to dislike them, and they don’t seem to really dislike anyone else. (Yes, some Spaniards near the border to France don’t like the French very much) Not entirely sure why. However, God forbid you speak Spanish with a Latin American accent ― there is still a lot of snobbery among Spaniards towards Latin Americans. Spaniards consider themselves white and European, and would be deeply insulted if you suggested they were Latin American of any kind.

Asi que no es algo que alguien sacara porque si. Sigo sin entender que tipo de problema tienes contra nosotros.

I see why our fellow Mexican reacted the way he did. Lynx was trying to make a point, but he overdid it a bit, not thinking about the feelings of the Latin Americans as he wrote that. It could have been formulated otherwise. But what's done is done. Let's just stop the argument about Latin America here.

It could have been formulated otherwise.

You don't get it. It doesn't matter HOW I would have written my message he would have felt insulted ANYWAYS. Look, I know this people very well they are completely resentful and obsessed with us, I'm feed up with this **** all over internet believe me.

Just check out Sirius' messages archive, he has started his own personal "vendetta" against the Iberians... He claimed they aren't obsessed with us and that he didn't get into the forum to talk about us but 90% of his messages are already about ******ng against us.

You get a troll into the forum but you haven't noticed... yet. Good luck. :innocent:

Greetings.

There are a few stereotypes in Greece about other EU countries

French: They are considered arrogant, they don't know how to speak English and even if they do they won't do it just to piss you off. They eat disgusting food like worms frogs etc and they talk like frogs. They don't wash and they use perfumes to cover the bad smells. They are considered fashionable and french clothing brands are the most popular here

Italians: The southern ones are considered all members of the mafia. Women are considered hot and sexy and the language erotic. They eat tons of pasta 10 times a day and also eat cats, horses and worms!!! Greeks like Italians in general and consider them "brothers" (una faccia una razza).

Germans: People here consider them cold and completely unsexy. They are bad in bed without imagination. German women are considered ugly cause of their height and wide shoulders (bone structure in general). There is still the stereotype from WWII that all German female athletes look like men due to too much steroids. They are organized and respect the laws

Dutch: They are constantly stoned and they only pay for sex.

Scandinavians: They are admired for their high standard of living but they are considered lousy in bed. Men here say that Swedish girls are good looking but in bed they are cold as ice. Scandinavian women in general are considered lesbians and feminists and men are considered unable to please their women turning them to lesbians...

Scotts: They are considered stingy and people call them "dagobert duck"

English: Their food is awfull. Men are considered gay and women bad in bed

Well in general all northern European women are considered bad/cold in bed by Greeks.

Spanish: Greeks like spanish people in general and the only stereotype that comes to my mind at the moment is that both men and women are considered very sexy and good in bed.

Eastern Europeans: Everybody is thought to be communist. They all have round faces and washed-out - "lifeless" hair colors. Russians are considered good with computers (hacking, cracking etc) and all russian sites will infect your computer with viruses/worms etc. :p

So English men are, 'considered gay' are they? That is a bit rich coming from a Greek. :shocked::LOL: Incidentally, sodomy is often referred to as 'Greek' in Britain.

Good Lord! This forum is turning into a house of depravity, of unseemly lubricity even...

In Spain usually not too often stereotype others by their nationality and especially in Andalusia is very difficult to talk bad or criticize someone from another region of Spain or another country, it is easier to hear criticism in Catalonia from other Spanish or Europeans do not know what it is, but it is.

We know our historic failures and missed the train, the fact of being a country as rich as other Europeans long ago that critics are in the same direction, but we know the stereotypes that other Europeans think of us and makes us laugh, by ignorance.

Anyway Europeans who speak Spanish are more: English, French, Italian, German, Swedish

English: Violent, drunk and rowdy revelers.

French: Stakeholders, unsupportive, chauvinists, do not use soap are poured perfume, moody.

Germany: Men are heads blocks and German women are very good. Drink lots of beer. Is nice in general.

Sweden: Swedish men do not exist, only Swedish women.

Italian: The Spanish believe they fully understand the Italian language. Other stereotypes are related to Italian food.

Portuguese: Oh! are poor.

For ordinary people the rest of Europe is largely unknown or does not maintain a modern topical tradition, as they are now known to be due to immigration, as may be the case in Romania, it is better not express what word on the street.

Sterotypes I have found:
I'll start with my own first, The English
Stuck up. Look down on all other Europeans as they are all foreign and not English or British. Consider themselves as completely seperate from Europe, especially France. Bad food, bad teeth and drink nothing but tea. Abroad are loud, obnoxious and just why can't all these foreigners speak english?

The Scots
Misers. Miserable and have never forgiven the English for the defeats they have inflicted on them in most of the battles. Strong willed and the Highland scots hate the lowland scots and visa versa. Alawys wear kilts and eat haggis.

The Irish
Not very bright. Jolly and drunk. Like fighting. All of Ireland is nothing but small villages like Ballykissangel. Land of potatoes and whiskey

The French
Arrogant. Hate anyone who isn't french, especially the english. Hate anyone who doesn't speak french, it is, after all, a langauge of culture. Lovers and have good food, as long as you like garlic. All men in France smoke bad cigarettes, wear striped t-shirts and ride old bicycles with oinions around ther necks. Hate Parisians, but then again the Parisians hate the rest of France. Eat frogs legs and drink huge amounts of wine. Have no idea what soap is.

The Italians
Better known than the french for surrendering at the slightest sound of a gun. Hot headed lovers and knife wielding maniacs all out for vengence if you insult them, their family, cousins, towns, neighbours goat. Drive like lunatics in old Fiat 500s. Also known for being stylish in the cities, but the people in villages all dress like they have dropped out of the 19th century. eat nothing put pasta and tomatoes.

The Spanish
Laid back and always asleep during the afternoon. Never rush at anything. Like nothing better than finding an innocent animal and finding a novel way of killing it do not know what a car is really for and which side of the road to drive on.

The Swiss
Chocolate, cuckoo clocks and most of the world money. Most boring country in Europe.

The Germans
Do not know what a sense of humour is, even the langauge sounds grumpy and unfunny. A habit of starting landwars in Europe. Like order and will not deviate from instructions. Tidy, neat, obsessive, in other words a country of anal retentives. Make good efficient cars with no soul. have no speed limit on the autobahns. Food is something to be desired consisting of nothing but sausages and pickled cabbage. Like beer, huge quanties of it.

The Dutch
Most relaxed country in Europe as they are all stoned. Known for sticking fingers in holes in dykes.

:D:D:D

Miserable I'll grant you; we are possibly the only people to make the Swedes look like a barrel of laughs. But it's hardly because of the defeats inflicted upon us by the English, since we won almost as many battles as we lost. And that includes the most important single battle in Scotland and Englands shared history - Bannockburn. After the 23rd and 24th of June 1314, no English monarch ever again attempted to conquer Scotland.:grin:

Yes, we lost several important battles after that, including Flodden. And Cromwell kicked seven shades of crap out of us - but then, Cromwell kicked everyone's ass.:petrified:

History has proved that my people do two things very well indeed: invent things and kill large number of their fellow human beings. There is a joke that goes, "The Terror Threat Alert in Scotland has been raised from Pissed Off to Kill The Bastards! The Scots don't have any other Threat Levels, which is one reason why they have served on the front line of every war the British have fought for centuries.":LOL:

Miserable I'll grant you; we are possibly the only people to make the Swedes look like a barrel of laughs. But it's hardly because of the defeats inflicted upon us by the English, since we won almost as many battles as we lost. And that includes the most important single battle in Scotland and Englands shared history - Bannockburn. After the 23rd and 24th of June 1314, no English monarch ever again attempted to conquer Scotland.:grin:

Yes, we lost several important battles after that, including Flodden. And Cromwell kicked seven shades of crap out of us - but then, Cromwell kicked everyone's ass.:petrified:

History has proved that my people do two things very well indeed: invent things and kill large number of their fellow human beings. There is a joke that goes, "The Terror Threat Alert in Scotland has been raised from Pissed Off to Kill The Bastards! The Scots don't have any other Threat Levels, which is one reason why they have served on the front line of every war the British have fought for centuries.":LOL:

I wouldn't crow too much about the relative absence of English military interventions post-1314. There are other ways of conquering that don't involve military violence. The Tories, surely an English political party and nothing else, rode roughshod over Scotland for years, even daring to use the Scots as Guinea Pigs for the Poll Tax idea. 'No-one touches me with impunity'.... an Englishwoman called Margaret Thatcher did!

Sterotypes I have found:
I'll start with my own first, The English
Stuck up. Look down on all other Europeans as they are all foreign and not English or British. Consider themselves as completely seperate from Europe, especially France. Bad food, bad teeth and drink nothing but tea. Abroad are loud, obnoxious and just why can't all these foreigners speak english?
The Scots
Misers. Miserable and have never forgiven the English for the defeats they have inflicted on them in most of the battles. Strong willed and the Highland scots hate the lowland scots and visa versa. Alawys wear kilts and eat haggis.
The Irish
Not very bright. Jolly and drunk. Like fighting. All of Ireland is nothing but small villages like Ballykissangel. Land of potatoes and whiskey
The French
Arrogant. Hate anyone who isn't french, especially the english. Hate anyone who doesn't speak french, it is, after all, a langauge of culture. Lovers and have good food, as long as you like garlic. All men in France smoke bad cigarettes, wear striped t-shirts and ride old bicycles with oinions around ther necks. Hate Parisians, but then again the Parisians hate the rest of France. Eat frogs legs and drink huge amounts of wine. Have no idea what soap is.

This is so funny!!! I only recently learnt in Art History that the French never bathed themselves until after 1850, so every two months they needed to all move out of the palace and cleaned up. :rolleyes: And yet they already had clean water running through for those lovely fountains, but in the beautiful “Versailles” there were no signs of constructions of the toilet or the bathroom! They were afraid to contract some sort of disease from the water, and they used perfume instead!

It is true the French don't make effort to understand English; my French professor thought that Scottish, Irish and English were all the same! I was the one who corrected her, she didn't even take my word for it, she had to confirm it with the Irish dude in my class, because "All Chinese people come from China" no wait she thought I was Japanese!

The Italians
Better known than the french for surrendering at the slightest sound of a gun. Hot headed lovers and knife wielding maniacs all out for vengence if you insult them, their family, cousins, towns, neighbours goat. Drive like lunatics in old Fiat 500s. Also known for being stylish in the cities, but the people in villages all dress like they have dropped out of the 19th century. eat nothing put pasta and tomatoes.
The Spanish
Laid back and always asleep during the afternoon. Never rush at anything. Like nothing better than finding an innocent animal and finding a novel way of killing it do not know what a car is really for and which side of the road to drive on.

They are loud, like Southern Italians and Portugese!

The Swiss
Chocolate, cuckoo clocks and most of the world money. Most boring country in Europe.

I think they are xenophobic
The Germans
Do not know what a sense of humour is, even the langauge sounds grumpy and unfunny. A habit of starting landwars in Europe. Like order and will not deviate from instructions. Tidy, neat, obsessive, in other words a country of anal retentives. Make good efficient cars with no soul. have no speed limit on the autobahns. Food is something to be desired consisting of nothing but sausages and pickled cabbage. Like beer, huge quanties of it.

They love their heavy foods, and are fairly cold but not xenophobic, I think you need to know them pretty well to be considered as their friends, and otherwise you are just an acquaintance to them!

The Dutch
Most relaxed country in Europe as they are all stoned. Known for sticking fingers in holes in dykes.
:D:D:D

I think they are way too obsessed with the ideal of freedom, and way too proud of it! My international relations professor said that too much freedom can be a threat to democracy especially when it is used in the wrong way!

This thread has been viewed 224851 times.

Back