Haplogroups of European kings and queens

¿MtDna G2a? ¿Really?

I tell this because he was paternal T...

Yes I was in Error , I was think of someone else, anyway he is K

the G was King Lois 16th of france

British Royalty - Haplogroup info?

Maciamo ..... no one replied, so I'll try to see if I can get a direct response from you please:
1. Has Prince Louis of Battenberg (i.e. Mountbatten) been tested, can you provide details on his Haplogroup or his Y-DNA?
2. What would be King George V of Gt Britain predicted Haplogroup or Y-DNA result - as he is from the Wettin line, which goes back to before 1000AD - this info would be useful to help track genealogy for a major family.
Regards,
Brad​

Maciamo ..... no one replied, so I'll try to see if I can get a direct response from you please:
1. Has Prince Louis of Battenberg (i.e. Mountbatten) been tested, can you provide details on his Haplogroup or his Y-DNA?
2. What would be King George V of Gt Britain predicted Haplogroup or Y-DNA result - as he is from the Wettin line, which goes back to before 1000AD - this info would be useful to help track genealogy for a major family.
Regards,
Brad​

If it's not in the list, it means they have not been tested (to the best of my knowledge). You can also use Google and search by yourself.

Hi,
I have 2 questions for this very interesting thread:
1. I see someone said that Mountbatten had tested, can you provide details on his Haplogroup or his Y-DNA?
2. What would be King George V of Gt Britain predicted Haplogroup or Y-DNA result - as he is from the Wettin line, which goes back to before 1000AD - this info would be useful.
Regards,
Brad

Hi Brad

Mountbatten was Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh's maternal uncle. His mother, Victoria of Hesse was the eldest sister of Alexandra Feodorovna, the last empress of Russia. Their mtDNA haplogroup was H (Helena). I don't know about his and George V's Y-DNA, though.

I thought I read somewhere that King Louis XVI of France's mtDNA haplogroup was N1b?

(mtDNA haplogroup H)

Maciamo,

If one wished to compare their personal mtDNA, with the same Haplogroup H, is there a web site that you might know of to do this? Register and follow their page instructions, etc.

Example: mtDNA for King Michael I of Romania, his Mother - Princess Ileana of Romania, her Mother - Queen Marie of Romania (great grandmother - Queen Victoria), her Mother - Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Edinburgh?

Thank you in advance.

HBB

Albert had four brothers. George VI, Prince Henry - Duke of Gloucester, Prince George - Duke of Kent, and Prince John.

Maciamo,

If one wished to compare their personal mtDNA, with the same Haplogroup H, is there a web site that you might know of to do this? Register and follow their page instructions, etc.

Example: mtDNA for King Michael I of Romania, his Mother - Princess Ileana of Romania, her Mother - Queen Marie of Romania (great grandmother - Queen Victoria), her Mother - Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Edinburgh?

Thank you in advance.

HBB

Comparing mtDNA sequences with these would be useless to prove any kinship for three reasons :

1) two individials can share identically the same full mtDNA sequence and still not be related on the maternal line for 2000 years.

2) none of the royalty listed above had their full mtDNA sequence tested - only the HVRI and HVRII.

3) just belonging to the same subclade doesn't mean anything since the common ancestors might have lived many thousands, if not tens of thousands of years ago.

This is what I thought as well. Secondly, an inquiry as to possible options:

1. A lock of Queen Victoria's hair?

2. Exhume the body of Princess Ileana of Romania?

This is what I thought as well. Secondly, an inquiry as to possible options:

What exactly is your question ?

What exactly is your question ?

What would be reliability of testing the following to identify either or both of the following to obtain more recent ancestry?

HBB

Maciamo,

Thank you in advance.

HBB

You have confused two maternal lines. Queen Victoria was Queen Marie of Romania's paternal grandmother. However, Queen Marie and her paternal grandfather Prince Albert shared the same matrilineal line.

King Michael I of Romania, his Mother - Princess Helen of Greece and Denmark, her Mother - Princess Sophie of Prussia, her Mother - Victoria, Princess Royal, her Mother - Queen Victoria of Great Britain

Their mtDNA haplogroup was H. Their farthest known maternal line ancestress was Juana Núñez de Lara http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Juana_Núñez_de_Lara

Princess Ileana of Romania, her Mother - Queen Marie of Romania, her Mother - Grand Duchess Marie Alexandrovna of Russia, her Mother - Princess Marie of Hesse

Their farthest known maternal line ancestress was Euphrosyne Doukaina Kamatera http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Euphrosyne_Doukaina_Kamatera

Hope this all helps

Hello!

in one book I read:

"The basis, induced to show interest to a problem of an origin of
prince Philippe, information which it is necessary to call unexpected
was. It is a question of results of research DNA of the sister of
prince Philippe - princesses of Sofia Hanover. About results which
with all evidence testify that DNA of prince Philippe and the princess
of Sofia don't coincide. Don't coincide so that give the grounds for
the statement that they occurred from different parents.
Professor William Meyplz, the head of genetic laboratory in Berkeley
(California), professor Mary Clare King, geneticist Charles Ginter and
doctor Willie Korte were the scientists concerning these researches,
the known American judicial anthropologist from Florida".

do you know mitochondrial DNA of princesses of Sofia Hanover?

excuse if a question silly and for my English

Alex

Russia, Moscow

What, no Robert de Bruce?:disappointed::mad:
I'm reminded of the joke from one of Sir Terry Prattchet's Discworld novels, "The royal family had died out because they had inbred so much the last king kept trying to breed with himself...":grin:
Robert The Bruce DNA has been studied I was in the same study My surname is Bruce anglitized from Brousse. He is also R1b I looked at the study today and no one from that line has ordered the deep clade so plain R1b is all I can tell you

Robert the Bruce's Y line Note No Deep Clade has been done so they are listed as R1b1

Hi Maciamo,

I thought that this might be an appropriate update to your excellent list.

This from the facebook page of Brad Michael Little.

I now have the Haplogroup test result for "Wettin Man" i.e. the relative of King George V who did a Y-DNA test to help me work out the relationship wth my Grandfather (William James Shepherd).

It is R1b1a2a1a1a U106+ U198- P89.2- P107- L6- L48- L47- L325- L257- L226- L217- L21- L1- ..... known as R1b-U106 for short!

So R1b-U106 is the Royal Haplogroup for a large number of European Royal Houses who are relatives of King George VI, King George V, King Edward VII, Prince Albert (Queen Victoria's husband) and then the whole Wettin line going back to around 950 AD.

He has a web link The-Kings-Son.com, but updates are on his FB page.

I am enjoying the discussion.

My greetings Sirs !

Don't You know the real official reliable sources for " Wettin-Man " ? Me myslef am from the Wettin Dynasty (a Saxon - Zeitz illegitimate lineage from the early 18.the Century) and I have the I2a Y-chromozone Hg. It is said that the Hg I is the perhaps one of the most native to the pure European Region, and has formed in the last Glacial Maximum in the Balkans. However according to Kenneth Nordvedt the I2a is a rather young Hg, mine has according to him formed itself aprox. arround 2500 years ago. Maybe a Byzantine-Illyrian influence ?

The Y - chromozone results from Saxe-Coburg-Gotha or any other lineage would be great.

Thank's

Conte di Haio

Don't You know the real official reliable sources for " Wettin-Man " ?

The source is Brad Michael Little. See his discussion here.

Me myslef am from the Wettin Dynasty (a Saxon - Zeitz illegitimate lineage from the early 18.the Century) and I have the I2a Y-chromozone Hg.

Fascinating. You mean you're a patrilineal descendant of the Dukes of Saxe-Zeitz? Could you give us the names of everybody along your patriline? (You can skip living individuals for privacy's sake.) You see, I'm actually keeping a list of famous I2 carriers, and if you can add more people to that, that would be awesome.

Actually, I wouldn't be particularly surprised if both you and "Wettin Man" were from lineages associated with the House of Wettin. I expect there to be multiple different Y lineages associated with the House of Wettin, considering that over 1000 years is a long time to go back and have no NPEs!

It is said that the Hg I is the perhaps one of the most native to the pure European Region, and has formed in the last Glacial Maximum in the Balkans. However according to Kenneth Nordvedt the I2a is a rather young Hg, mine has according to him formed itself aprox. arround 2500 years ago. Maybe a Byzantine-Illyrian influence ?

Haplogroup I is indeed ancient to Europe. We have ancient samples from the Neolithic having haplogroup I, and we presume based on STR dating that it goes back to the Paleolithic in Europe.

I2a-P37 is very old as well (about 20,000 years old), but I suppose by "2500 years ago" you're referring to your specific type of I2a-P37. Do you know your terminal SNP, or your STR values? Are you I2a-Din?

Yes indeed. In direct paternal line I am descendant of Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz, Prince of Holy Roman Empire, Duke of Saxony, cardinal of the Holy See and an archbishop of Gran (Esztergom in Hungary). My subclade is indeed I2a1b1 - Din. I was tested in 2006. I have been a little bit confused by the first time, but later I understood that it is the very native Hg for the Europe, and that this Hg has been found across the Old Dolmen Tombs in France, and others. That it has survived in a very specific areas, where invaders from the East and South didn't came.

The precise familytree I would like not to publish. I just will give the main paternal line. More specifications : I live in Slovakia (part of Ex- Czechoslovakia) in the house where my ancestors had lived for 300 years , when the Wettiner Story had begun. It is one of the satelitte vilages of the Santa Croce di Gran - Keresztur - Svaty Kriz nad Hronom, or with nowadays name --- Ziar nad Hronom. It had been the main summer residence of the Esztergom (Gran) archibishops in the past. However I live in multiple places now, but I still hold the ancient house of our family there. I am last descendant of the paternal line there. Our name has been Macák, Maczak, Matsak, Macag in the times. Mainly Maczak and from the 1st Czechoslovak Republic a simple Macák.
The most simplified name descendancy should be :

Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz (*1666 - +1725)
Georgius Maczak ?
Josephus Maczak ?
Matthias Maczak *1798 - + 1846
Stephanus Maczak *1819 - +1880
Josephus Macák *1877 - + 1931
Martinus Macák *1914 - +1986 my grandfather

Our name has been Macák, Maczak, Matsak, Macag in the times. Mainly Maczak and from the 1st Czechoslovak Republic a simple Macák.
The most simplified name descendancy should be :

Christian August of Saxe - Zeitz (*1666 - +1725)
Georgius Maczak ?
Josephus Maczak ?
Matthias Maczak *1798 - + 1846
Stephanus Maczak *1819 - +1880
Josephus Macák *1877 - + 1931
Martinus Macák *1914 - +1986 my grandfather

The most curious link there, of course, is the Christian->Georgius Maczak link. Have Slovakian scholars verified this link? I can't find anything in English about it offhand. It also looks like you have rather few generations between Christian and Matthias. Christian, Georgius, and Josephus would have had sons at an average of 44 years old to get that lineage to work (not implausible, but needs additional verification, like you seem to have with the Stephanus->Josephus link, with Stephanus being about 58).

Where any of the members of the Maczak/Macák family, post-split from the Saxe-Zeitz branch, notable in their own right?

This thread has been viewed 603678 times.

Back