Haplogroups of European kings and queens

Hi, Maczak the way you spell is clearly a Polish name. Probably in originated around Lvov area in Ukraine during Polish-Lithuanian Commonwealth. There is a chance that Macza evolved from more popular last name Marczak. In both connections there is no connection to nobility. Not sure how Maczak could end up connected to Duke of Saxony?

In Hungary the cz means " c ". But Macak or Maczak is a very common name in Slovakia. There are many holders of this name, which is a derivation of the name Mattiaus. Maczko, Macko, Macak, Maczak, Macag, Matsak.

The whole reaserch has been made by the Official Governmental Reaserch House, of State Archives of Slovakia. The Stephanus Maczak child - it has been his 9th and last child. However the first two members --- there are no additive informations about their birth or death. The information is in matriculas but only --- the son of Georgius Maczak, the son of Josephus Maczak.

But we are 100% sure for the Sachsen - Zeitz descent. There is no doubt. I had written the above reply in that I was curious, because as I know and have resources the descendants of Wettin should have I2a P37.2 Hg. Even several of the early Saxon Nobility have this haplogroup.

In my cause I have real evidence of my Sachsen - Zeitz descent, even with the name of Christian August von Sachsen Zeitz, there are no doubt.

I am just very doubtfull about the R1b Wettiner Man. I think that it is a fraud. But unless there Hubert Herzog zu Sachsen - Coburg - Gotha or others would give their DNA profiles public, I can be only doubtfull what is the true Saxon DNA.

So thank's for Your contributions, that's all from me.

SSZ

And to Maczak name, there has been a King with the name Madzak that Ibn Masudi had written with the content of Volhynian Slavs (9th Century). He had to be a " King of Kings of Eastern Slavs ". But there are doubts if this is spelled : Majak, Madzak, od Mujak. (the effect is the same --- and meaning from Croatian - a " cat " , a " smarty man " in Slavic languagues). The type of writting of my name is just Hungarian. There are many mutations. Mackassy, etc. etc. . just an add.

Hi Conte di Haio,
I assure you the data and information in The King's Son is not a fraud.
The haplogroup info posted on my webpage is a result of triangulated known living Wettin men providing their y-dna. All the info is in a 200 page book.
I found your alleged ancestor (Christian Saxe-Zeitz) and agree the Haplogroup info for Wettin Man your Saxe-Zeitz Man should be the same ..... they aren't.
Next steps?
Regards,
Brad (the-kings-son.com)

I have added the royal members of the House of Wettin as belonging to R1b-U106.

A new paper on the mtDNA of Henry IV of France (haplogroup U5b*) also allowed me to identify 10 European kings and many more dukes as belonging to the same mtDNA lineage.

I just read on a U.K. based family website that Jarl Birger is no longer confirmed hg I1--have any of the genetic experts heard of this development? I prefer to not list the surname on this thread, but can email/message it to those who would like further confirmation of the claim.

Last edited:
I want to bump this one more time in the hopes that one of the more senior members has any knowledge of this Birger claim. I haven't noticed anywhere else that this line had been reclassified as a different haplogroup.

I think so Sparkey, I pm'ed you the site info.

Seems Richard III of York belonged to mtDNA haplogroup J. (Sorry I can't post the link!!)

Seems Richard III of York belonged to mtDNA haplogroup J. (Sorry I can't post the link!!)

Seems he belonged to J1c2c.

Are there any tests of living Plantagenets of the Beaufort line?

It has been tested two living descendants from a sister of king Richard, that's all I know from news media.

there has been a King with the name Madzak that Ibn Masudi had written with the content of Volhynian Slavs (9th Century).

Your Y-DNA has actually the Eastern European origin. I2a is a stamp of the so called Ostrogoths. The so called, because in fact they were not Goths at all.

Your Y-DNA has actually the Eastern European origin. I2a is a stamp of the so called Ostrogoths. The so called, because in fact they were not Goths at all.

What were they, then? Sources, please?

What were they, then? Sources, please?
It's not possible to have a source for something that is completely fabricated.

The only way we could possibly know the Y-haplogroups of ancient populations is to find ancient bones, find proof that they represent a certain population, then sequence their genome. This will eventually happen, and until it does you can assume the majority of people claiming knowledge of ancient population genetics are, above all, propagandists.

The only way we could possibly know the Y-haplogroups of ancient populations is to find ancient bones, find proof that they represent a certain population, then sequence their genome. This will eventually happen, and until it does you can assume the majority of people claiming knowledge of ancient population genetics are, above all, propagandists.

OK, so the Ostrogoths are still Ostrogoths, then, haplogroups aside. I wondered if there was something I had missed.

I was wondering, if it is true that R1B-S26 is a sub-sept of Z305 (George V's haplogroup sept) like it says in your R1B Family tree how did z305 go from German to Celtiberian and Anglo-Saxon?

...The only way we could possibly know the Y-haplogroups of ancient populations is to find ancient bones, find proof that they represent a certain population, then sequence their genome. This will eventually happen, and until it does you can assume the majority of people claiming knowledge of ancient population genetics are, above all, propagandists.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I agree 100%.

I agree too.

This thread has been viewed 603661 times.

Back