Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789
Results 201 to 222 of 222

Thread: Haplogroups of European kings and queens

  1. #201
    Regular Member New Englander's Avatar
    Join Date
    12-12-16
    Location
    United States
    Posts
    374

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b U-152
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c8

    Ethnic group
    Italian, Jewish, British
    Country: United States



    This is my Haplogroup breakdown on Mytrueancestry. Is is common to have so many royal matches? Its only R1b I am getting these matches for.
    royaldna.jpg

  2. #202
    Regular Member Joey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    458

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-YP445
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2b

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic
    Country: USA - Rhode Island



    Wow, you're R1b and most of your matches aren't. I am R1a and 2/3 of my matches are R1b.

  3. #203
    Junior Member Bonnieangel47's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-08-20
    Posts
    4


    Country: United States



    I share the same mt-haplogroup!

  4. #204
    Junior Member Bonnieangel47's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-08-20
    Posts
    4


    Country: United States



    Actually my mt-haplogroup is R. Is that like " the cheese stands alone?" or am I still connected?

  5. #205
    Junior Member Bonnieangel47's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-08-20
    Posts
    4


    Country: United States



    Why isn't there any DNA on the Tudor kings and the wives?

  6. #206
    Regular Member shissem@san.rr.com's Avatar
    Join Date
    07-05-17
    Location
    San Diego, California
    Posts
    366

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a-Z726
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a4a1h

    Ethnic group
    English/German
    Country: USA - California



    Quote Originally Posted by Joey37 View Post
    Wow, you're R1b and most of your matches aren't. I am R1a and 2/3 of my matches are R1b.
    I think that has more to do with R1b being so common. I am G2a and have only a "sliver" of G in my Y-DNA summary.

  7. #207
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-05-18
    Posts
    182


    Country: Turkey



    I wonder y dna of the peter the great? who knows?

  8. #208
    Regular Member Joey37's Avatar
    Join Date
    11-06-18
    Location
    Coventry, Rhode Island
    Posts
    458

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1a-YP445
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c2b

    Ethnic group
    Celto-Germanic
    Country: USA - Rhode Island



    Peter the Great possessed the original Romanov y-dna (the later part of the dynasty is descended from his daughter Anna and has the Holstein-Gottorp German R1b, U106) and was of a native Russian line, so he could have been N1c, I2a, or more likely R1a, either Z280-CTS1211 or Z280-Z92, or maybe even the East Slavic M458, L1029-YP417.

  9. #209
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    03-01-17
    Posts
    74


    Country: Netherlands



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Three people who claim to be descendants of the Jimenez Dynasty have tested I1-L22 on the royalty project of family tree dna. The dynasty's last ruler Sancho VII, king of Navarre, died in 1234. It is not clear to me of there is paper trail evidence for the claim.

  10. #210
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    08-04-21
    Posts
    3


    Country: United Kingdom



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Bonnieangel47 View Post
    Why isn't there any DNA on the Tudor kings and the wives?
    Henry VII left no legitimate male line descendants. He had a uncle Sir David Owen, who was the illegitimate, but recognised son of Owen Tudor, some of his descendant tree was researched by Douglas Richardson and published in 2011 book 'Plantagenet Ancestry' but I haven't yet checked this out so I am not 100% sure if any living male line descendants of Sir David have yet been traced. I am a possible descendant of his son Henry. Going further back it becomes more complicated as Welsh families used several patroymics such as ap Owen ap Tudor ap Llewelwyn etc. and a family could end up fixing on any number of patronymics or even using manor or placenames.

  11. #211
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    08-04-21
    Posts
    3


    Country: United Kingdom



    Quote Originally Posted by Mountainer View Post
    Henry VII left no legitimate male line descendants. He had a uncle Sir David Owen, who was the illegitimate, but recognised son of Owen Tudor, some of his descendant tree was researched by Douglas Richardson and published in 2011 book 'Plantagenet Ancestry' but I haven't yet checked this out so I am not 100% sure if any living male line descendants of Sir David have yet been traced. I am a possible descendant of his son Henry. Going further back it becomes more complicated as Welsh families used several patroymics such as ap Owen ap Tudor ap Llewelwyn etc. and a family could end up fixing on any number of patronymics or even using manor or placenames.
    To clarify, I mean living.

  12. #212
    Banned
    Join Date
    23-01-21
    Posts
    144

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-Df27
    MtDNA haplogroup
    T2b3e

    Country: Spain



    Quote Originally Posted by Groninger View Post
    Three people who claim to be descendants of the Jimenez Dynasty have tested I1-L22 on the royalty project of family tree dna. The dynasty's last ruler Sancho VII, king of Navarre, died in 1234. It is not clear to me of there is paper trail evidence for the claim.
    That is not true, these gentlemen are not direct descendants of the Jimena dynasty

    + Genetic characterization of the House of Aragon-Begoña Martínez Jarreta- University of Zaragoza- Genetic study of the remains of the Kings of Aragon prior to the constitution of the Crown of Aragon in 1137: Ramiro I (1035-1063), Sancho Ramírez (1063-1094), Pedro I (1094-1104), Alfonso I (1104-1134) and Ramiro II (1134-1137) -The results revealed that their Y chromosome belongs to HapY-R1b-M269 (No subclades analyzed). Mit-H (6) and U (1)

    The ancestors of Alfonso I- Jimena Dynasty

    * Jimeno de Pamplona "El Fuerte" (745-805 AD)
    * Eneko Jimeno (785-848 AD)
    * García Jiménez (835-890 AD) -Married with Oneca Rebelle de Sangüesa and in 2nd nuptials with Dadildis de Pallars
    *Sancho Garcés I (Sangüesa, Navarra, 865 AD- Resa, Navarra 925 AD). King of Pamplona 905-925 AD- Married Toda Aznárez-Reconquered Rioja.
    *García Sánchez I (919-970 AD) -King of Nájera and Pamplona (925-970 AD)-Battle of Simancas -Married with Andregoto Galindez, daughter of the Count of Aragón Galindo Aznárez II
    * Sancho Garcés II "Abarca" (938-994 AD) -King of Nájera, Pamplona, ​​Count of Aragón-First who is called King of Navarre (970-994 AD). He married Urraca Fernández
    * García Sánchez II “El Temblón” (964-1,000 AD) -King of Navarre-Nájera (994-1,000 AD). He married Jimena Fernández
    * Sancho Garcés III “El Grande”-(992-1,035 AD) - King of Navarre (1,000-1,035 AD). He married in the 1st nuptials with Sancha de Aybar and in the 2nd nuptials with Muniadona de Castilla

    These results mean that all the kings of the Royal Houses of Aragon, Navarra, Castilla y León and Ribagorza belonged to the R1b-M29 lineage

    In Castilla y León the male line ended with the entrance of the House of Burgundy (1.126-1.389)

  13. #213
    Regular Member Venko2257's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-12-18
    Posts
    57


    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    2 members found this post helpful.
    I had a reason to visit Eupedia recently and I quickly spotted a couple of mistakes on this page. I notified Maciamo... or at least I think I did.

    The first one has to do with the House of Grimaldi. Thing is, the original agnatic Grimaldis stopped being rulers of Monaco in 1731, with the monarchs from 1731 to 1949 belonging to the French Gouyon de Matignon family instead, although they did use the Grimaldi name too.

    The other one is concerned with the Battenbergs. It's generally assumed that Ludwig II, Grand Duke of Hessen-Darmstadt, was not the biological father of Prince Alexander, mostly because his wife was having a long-term affair with their stablemaster at the time of Alexander's conception and birth. In this case, a disclaimer is needed. ;)

  14. #214
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-05-18
    Posts
    182


    Country: Turkey



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Venko2257 View Post
    I had a reason to visit Eupedia recently and I quickly spotted a couple of mistakes on this page. I notified Maciamo... or at least I think I did.

    The first one has to do with the House of Grimaldi. Thing is, the original agnatic Grimaldis stopped being rulers of Monaco in 1731, with the monarchs from 1731 to 1949 belonging to the French Gouyon de Matignon family instead, although they did use the Grimaldi name too.

    The other one is concerned with the Battenbergs. It's generally assumed that Ludwig II, Grand Duke of Hessen-Darmstadt, was not the biological father of Prince Alexander, mostly because his wife was having a long-term affair with their stablemaster at the time of Alexander's conception and birth. In this case, a disclaimer is needed. ;)
    Is R1b-L21 Y Dna of August Ludwig, Baron von Senarclens de Grancy or Original Y Dna of House of Hesse is R1b-L21?

  15. #215
    Regular Member Venko2257's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-12-18
    Posts
    57


    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    That is a good question, kmak. Brad Michael Little tends to not openly discuss which men exactly get tested, so I can't say with certainty. I think it's meant to be the Battenbergs/Mountbattens, as I've been left with the impression that his maternal grandfather was an illegitimate son of Prince Louis of Battenberg (1854 - 1921).
    Thing is, in order to be certain, one would have to test a couple of members of all still extant branches of the House of Hesse, which is to say Hesse-Kassel, Hesse-Philippsthal-Barchfeld and, well, the Battenbergs. Oh, and there's the Princes of Hanau too.

  16. #216

  17. #217
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    14-05-21
    Posts
    13


    Country: Germany



    Are you genetic related if somone has the same Haplogroup?

  18. #218
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    05-12-16
    Posts
    3

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    N1c1-CTS7189
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a2b3

    Country: Sweden



    3 members found this post helpful.
    I have seen a kit at FTDNA belong to one of the male members of the swedish royal family, and belong to R1b. Recently it was upgraded and now it's R-FGC39239 downstream of DF27-branch, wich is very common in that area where that family Bernadotte has it's origins, from Pau in Béarn, in the Pyrenees.

  19. #219
    Regular Member Venko2257's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-12-18
    Posts
    57


    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    Quote Originally Posted by LP72 View Post
    I have seen a kit at FTDNA belong to one of the male members of the swedish royal family, and belong to R1b. Recently it was upgraded and now it's R-FGC39239 downstream of DF27-branch, wich is very common in that area where that family Bernadotte has it's origins, from Pau in Béarn, in the Pyrenees.
    Thanks for the information!

    Do you know which member of the House of Bernadotte was tested?

  20. #220
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    28-05-18
    Posts
    182


    Country: Turkey



    Quote Originally Posted by Venko2257 View Post
    Thanks for the information!

    Do you know which member of the House of Bernadotte was tested?
    I to be curious Y DNA of old royal family of scandinavia such as munsö, stenkil, estridsen wittelsbach, gorm, fairhair, hardrada, gille... anyone has tested for determine those royal dynasties?

  21. #221
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    05-12-16
    Posts
    3

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    N1c1-CTS7189
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U5a2b3

    Country: Sweden



    1 members found this post helpful.
    To Venko 2257:
    It's from a 2nd cousin to our king (from Gustaf V), had his own DNA_company some years ago, wanted to help people test to see if they were royal, but it was very expensive and also on his mother's side he was not royal, so many match him on FTDNA on that side.. Now his reslut is out with the letter "J.B." and a russian email (Temnikov...), because his mother was a Romanov..
    I have access to a kit that match him on FF, so it's from that I have seen this info..

  22. #222
    Regular Member Venko2257's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-12-18
    Posts
    57


    Ethnic group
    Bulgarian
    Country: Bulgaria



    Thank you, LP72!

    Yes, I remember now. You're talking about Jan Bernadotte, Comte de Wisborg (b. 1941), a great-grandson of King Gustaf V and a second cousin of King Carl XVI Gustaf.

    The Comte de Wisborg is not in the line of succession to the throne of Sweden, due to the non-dynastic marriage of his late father, Lennart Bernadotte (1909 - 2004). Incidentally, that comital title was awarded to Lennart by his second cousin once removed, Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg (1896 - 1964).

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Similar Threads

  1. The haplogroups hidden behind other haplogroups
    By Maciamo in forum Y-DNA Haplogroups
    Replies: 7
    Last Post: 07-12-12, 17:52
  2. Replies: 0
    Last Post: 07-09-11, 03:45
  3. Origins of European haplogroups
    By danilobu in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 23-04-10, 08:59
  4. European Haplogroups
    By Maciamo in forum DNA Testing & General Genetics
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 24-05-09, 11:18
  5. European Haplogroups
    By Maciamo in forum European Culture & History
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 13-03-08, 05:01

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •