Haplogroups of European kings and queens

It could also be someone "objectionable" according to your world view. I was raised to despise our local aristocracy. They're all blood suckers in my opinion. I have no idea why people want to be related to them.

Leaving aside your personal opinions about the merits of your local aristocracy (for now), you make an interesting point. Who would want to be related to them?

I would. No, I am not seeking any titles. It is just that expanding my family tree would become a hundred times easier. For many centuries royals and nobles have kept records of their marriages and progeny much better than the ordinary people such as you and I.

Some nobles could have been described as blood-suckers, others not. Even amongst my closest relatives there are people who are not the most pleasant of folks. But in the end, we're all born equal (yes, even those with disabilities) and we all have the same opportunities. Apparently.

I hope that you will see and understand my opinion as I have seen and understood yours.

I know that you are very knowledgeable about everything DNA-related, but it just doesn't sound right coming from a person like you to outright ignore those who were simply born in luxury...

...like Trump, for instance (hey, see what I did there?) :grin:

Leaving aside your personal opinions about the merits of your local aristocracy (for now), you make an interesting point. Who would want to be related to them?

I would. No, I am not seeking any titles. It is just that expanding my family tree would become a hundred times easier. For many centuries royals and nobles have kept records of their marriages and progeny much better than the ordinary people such as you and I.

Some nobles could have been described as blood-suckers, others not. Even amongst my closest relatives there are people who are not the most pleasant of folks. But in the end, we're all born equal (yes, even those with disabilities) and we all have the same opportunities. Apparently.

I hope that you will see and understand my opinion as I have seen and understood yours.

I know that you are very knowledgeable about everything DNA-related, but it just doesn't sound right coming from a person like you to outright ignore those who were simply born in luxury...

...like Trump, for instance (hey, see what I did there?) :grin:

I don't ignore any data, including my own. That applies to both genealogical and genetic data.

I'm just saying that depending on world view the results may or may not be welcome.

I don't ignore any data, including my own. That applies to both genealogical and genetic data.

I'm just saying that depending on world view the results may or may not be welcome.

You're welcome!

I was kind of expecting a scathing retort, so that's a pleasant surprise :)

It could also be someone "objectionable" according to your world view.

That's the position I'm in. There is a branch of my family (maybe, can't really prove it) that became rich as London merchants in the 17th century. Of course that meant they were slave traders (the biggest of the independent traders). I've done all the research I can (the family died out in the male line in the late 19th century), but if I can never prove the connection I'll be alright with that.

You're welcome!

I was kind of expecting a scathing retort, so that's a pleasant surprise :)

Goodness. I'm sorry to hear you felt that way.

When you see me giving a really scathing retort it's almost always because the poster is a known nordicist/racist and/or t-roll with a long history here and all over the internet. Oh, people who have an obvious agenda and either refuse to acknowledge the actual data, or if they do try to twist it to fit their agenda also qualify. They're usually known entities as well.

There's a limit to how much of all that I can tolerate, and it's been YEARS!

Reasonable people just attempting to figure all this out, no matter their level of expertise, are always welcome and respected.

When you see me giving a really scathing retort it's almost always because the poster is a known nordicist/racist and/or t-roll with a long history here and all over the internet. Oh, people who have an obvious agenda and either refuse to acknowledge the actual data, or if they do try to twist it to fit their agenda also qualify. They're usually known entities as well.

Reasonable people just attempting to figure all this out, no matter their level of expertise, are always welcome and respected.

Thanks for that! I know very well what you mean, which is why I stay away from some threads which could be very interesting otherwise.

What exactly is a Nordicist? Are they known to be racists or what? I'm still feeling my way about this forum...I've seen a few ****** and racists on theapracity.com but I normally just chalk that up to youthful silliness and a general lack of education & social graces amongst some of the younger members there. The whole Germanic/Slav thing seems to be a big deal too. Some people have way too much invested in that subject. It's not surprising given the recent history of the regions involved.

What exactly is a Nordicist? Are they known to be racists or what? I'm still feeling my way about this forum...I've seen a few ****** and racists on theapracity.com but I normally just chalk that up to youthful silliness and a general lack of education & social graces amongst some of the younger members there. The whole Germanic/Slav thing seems to be a big deal too. Some people have way too much invested in that subject. It's not surprising given the recent history of the regions involved.

Both Slavicism and Nordicism are forms of racism I suppose you could say, both proposing the idea that the inhabitants of those parts of Europe are "superior" to the rest. An extreme form of Nordicism is Nazism.

It used to be that Nordicists tied their "superiority" to being descendants of the "Indo-Europeans", and, of course, to having more blue eyed blondes among them. That's abated a bit with the discovery the Yamnaya weren't so "Nordic" after all, and definitely weren't blonde and blue eyed, so it has switched to Corded Ware from what I can tell. Then, the Slavs, viewed as "untermenschen" by the Germans, have vociferously taken to saying "they're" the closest descendants of the Indo-Europeans, so they're the "really" superior ones. That's Eurogenes whole raison d'etre. Maybe it's partly understandable some go down this road given their history.

Then, to make things even more muddled, we have the Nordicist Spaniards and Italians fighting over which one is less Nordic and blonde than the other. We used to be infested by the Spanish variety, thankfully now gone.

And let's not forget the people from the Balkans, who all hate one another it seems, or at least the ones on this site do, with the Albanians apparently hated by everyone, and they hating everyone else, but especially the Greeks. They all have their foundation "myths", and some try very hard to twist the data to fit them.

They don't just inhabit theapricity (some of whose founding members were sent to prison), or sites like stormfront, which is probably monitored by dozens of government agencies, but also make their appearance on sites like anthrogenica and even here under "sock" names occasionally. Eventually, most of them reveal their true colors.

I think they're all mad as hatters, and most of them, as you've been able to discern, know very little to nothing of history. The ones who know a little are more dangerous because they're able to twist and massage the facts.

Trying to keep everybody civil, and correcting posts when they are just too egregiously "wrong" and confounded by the actual data is a thankless task, and I'm sorry to say that sometimes I lose my temper, especially when such attempts are met with personal insults personally, ethnically, and in terms of my gender. The really disgusting ones are usually PMs, so everyone else is spared them.

As to thankless tasks, this doesn't make it any easier for you, but Thank You. You seem like a nice lady, but maybe not one I wanted to meet in the third grade (I was a bad child who needed a strong hand).

As to thankless tasks, this doesn't make it any easier for you, but Thank You. You seem like a nice lady, but maybe not one I wanted to meet in the third grade (I was a bad child who needed a strong hand).

Well, in third grade, in every grade really, I was always teacher's pet, the one who never broke the rules, who was left in charge when sister left the room, who was Mary in every May Day procession, the one who played a nun in the school play and was given one of their own veils.

You would no doubt have hated me. :)

As a mother I was strict, according to my children, with values from another world, but I was also very indulgent in a lot of ways. Patience didn't come easily to me, and what I had I used up on them (and my husband). :)

I have very little left for adults, especially malign adults who want to cause injury to other people.

in elementary school I was literally dragged to the principal's office countless times. It wasn't until high school and especially college/university when I turned a new leaf and graduated with strong grades and I owe much of this to my diagnosis of ADHD and the medication that came with it

I was never a teacher's pet, always the kid with a chip on his shoulder. I once got kicked off the bus for punching an older kid who bullied us in the face. He started crying so I hit him again. He never bothered us again though! My mom drove me to school the rest of the year. Another time I got an in-school suspension for 3 days. Another kid who tried flicking my ear from behind in biology class my freshman year of HS. I wigged out, and turned around and punched him in the face about 10-15 times before the teacher could peel me off him. He had just gotten braces a few days before, so it looked way worse than it actually was. I was otherwise pretty laid back and mild mannered kid, just had to work towards curbing that aggression.

And let's not forget the people from the Balkans, who all hate one another it seems, or at least the ones on this site do, with the Albanians apparently hated by everyone, and they hating everyone else, but especially the Greeks. They all have their foundation "myths", and some try very hard to twist the data to fit them.

Absolutely true. Being from that region, it's extremely frustrating.

As for being a teacher's pet, I know the feeling. It's even worse when your mother is one of the teachers (but fortunately, she never taught me, for my own sake). It didn't really get away when I went to high school :sad:

I was never a teacher's pet, always the kid with a chip on his shoulder. I once got kicked off the bus for punching an older kid who bullied us in the face. He started crying so I hit him again. He never bothered us again though! My mom drove me to school the rest of the year. Another time I got an in-school suspension for 3 days. Another kid who tried flicking my ear from behind in biology class my freshman year of HS. I wigged out, and turned around and punched him in the face about 10-15 times before the teacher could peel me off him. He had just gotten braces a few days before, so it looked way worse than it actually was. I was otherwise pretty laid back and mild mannered kid, just had to work towards curbing that aggression.

Is this what the "kids" call a humble brag?

All my numbers match hers except 1 i have g16229a g73a c146t c152t c195t a247g 315.1c 522.1a 522.2c this is mine juliana

HVR1 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

• [*=center]A16129G
    [*=center]T16187C
    [*=center]C16189T
    [*=center]T16223C
    [*=center]G16230A
    [*=center]C16239T
    [*=center]T16278C
    [*=center]C16311T

HVR2 DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

• [*=center]G73A
    [*=center]C146T
    [*=center]C152T
    [*=center]C195T
    [*=center]A247G
    [*=center]315.1C
    [*=center]522.1A
    [*=center]522.2C

CODING REGION DIFFERENCES FROM RSRS

• [*=center]A769G
    [*=center]A825t
    [*=center]A1018G
    [*=center]G2706A
    [*=center]A2758G
    [*=center]C2885T
    [*=center]G3010A
    [*=center]T3594C
    [*=center]G4104A
    [*=center]T4312C
    [*=center]T7028C
    [*=center]G7146A
    [*=center]T7256C
    [*=center]A7521G
    [*=center]T8468C
    [*=center]T8655C
    [*=center]G8701A
    [*=center]C9540T
    [*=center]G10398A
    [*=center]T10664C
    [*=center]A10688G
    [*=center]C10810T
    [*=center]C10873T
    [*=center]C10915T
    [*=center]A11719G
    [*=center]A11914G
    [*=center]T12705C
    [*=center]G13105A
    [*=center]G13276A
    [*=center]T13506C
    [*=center]T13650C
    [*=center]T14766C

[FONT=&quot]THESE ARE MY NUMBERS MY GRANDFATHER WAS OTTO VON HABSBURG THE LAST KING.[/FONT]

This thread has been viewed 604633 times.

Back