Haplogroups of European kings and queens

I want to know the haplogroup of the Queen of Spain, Letizia,
because with his daughter Leonor, the Spanish blood returns to recover the throne of Spain.

I want to know the dna of Empress Elisabeth of Austria

Does anyone have Prince Philip, Duke of Edinburgh’s actual published STRs? Or know where I can find them? Thx

This site was very informative and nice source of information. Sadly, for some time now, its down.
Im sorry i didnt save entire page so i could do offline browsing.

Does anyone has any info about this? Or any alternative source of information similar to this?

Eupedia could had something like this but that is work, and work is time. Even tho there is something like this but on much lower scale and not so interesting from my perspective.

Trying to extend the lines of known descendant of Charlemagne in my own genealogy, I realized one of them had a mt-descendant who tested and she has royalties on her mt-line (which is not mine, unfortunately).

Her name is Catherine Couvent, she married Philippe Amiot in Épieds around 1625.

At FTDNA's French Heritage DNA Project, her mt-descendant was given plain H* for haplogroup and their HVR1+2 mutations are:
HVR1: A16129G, T16187C, C16189T, T16223C, G16230A, T16278C, C16311T
HVR2: G73A, C146T, C152T, C195T, A247G, 522.1A, 522.2C, 315.1C

(...)

Although still quite speculative, it could be of interest to this thread.

I am new to the mtDNA, and found this page just typing my mutations. I seem to share all HVR2 mutations with that lady, which is surprising to me as I am Polish and know nothing about any French connections, not to mention to French nobles. As I remember having read that HVR1 and 2 regions are not especially useful for genenalogy, started musing if these HVR2 are just very basic mutations available in all people with my haplotype - H7a1, inherited from the ancient era perhaps... ;) Am ready to learn from you...

OK, so anwering myself, as in the meantime someone more knowledgeable explained basics to me. I misunderstood the H* group for a basic H with no details tested (was confused by the *, as mark for 'anything' for search in some dababases), so potentially could be even H7a1 as myself. In fact, it is rather a separate 'plain' H haplogroup. So even if I share some mutations with this person, it does not mean relation in historical time. I then consider my case closed.

I want to know the Y-haplogroup of the original Romanovs. The Rurikids are N1c and the later Romanovs descended from the House of Holstein-Gottorp in male line are R1b. I bet the original Romanovs were R1a, either Z280 or M458, or possibly N1c but a different clade than the Rurikids.

Very curious the Z1a MtDNA. ¿How common it really is between Swedish people and other Scandinavians?
Uncommon.
Eurasian_frequency_distribution_of_mtDNA_haplogroup_Z.jpg
The greatest clade diversity of haplogroup Z is found in Korea, northern China, and Central Asia. However, its greatest frequency appears in some peoples of Russia and among the Saami people of northern Scandinavia.

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/frenchheritage?iframe=yresults François Savoie, 1621-1678, France R-Z367

Savoy Dynasty is R-Z367?

House of Wittelsbach may be I1, according to an interview with Bulgarian geneticist Evgeni Delev. Link is only in Bulgarian: http://www.desant.net/show-news/25122/

In the answer to the fourth question, Mr. Delev says that a man named Nikola Tsvyatkov from a village called Fakiya in the Strandzha Mountains turned out to be I1. This is an unusual haplogroup for Bulgaria, so further tests were done and apparently it was decided that this person could very well be patrilineally descended from a King of Sweden from the House of Wittelsbach, perhaps through an illegitimate son.

However, I have no idea who else was tested to prove this connection. In any case, it is true that three Swedish Kings belonged to that illustrious dynasty.

House of Wittelsbach may be I1, according to an interview with Bulgarian geneticist Evgeni Delev. Link is only in Bulgarian: http://www.desant.net/show-news/25122/

In the answer to the fourth question, Mr. Delev says that a man named Nikola Tsvyatkov from a village called Fakiya in the Strandzha Mountains turned out to be I1. This is an unusual haplogroup for Bulgaria, so further tests were done and apparently it was decided that this person could very well be patrilineally descended from a King of Sweden from the House of Wittelsbach, perhaps through an illegitimate son.

However, I have no idea who else was tested to prove this connection. In any case, it is true that three Swedish Kings belonged to that illustrious dynasty.

Nikola Tsvyatkov is in fact I2a2b-L38, presumably from the East European BY25359 branch. There are already a few Bulgarians and Macedonians found with it, so not unusual for Bulgaria. His claim to royalty was ridiculously based on the fact that Charles XII stopped at his village sometimes when fled to Turkey. It is considered also that Charles XII was gay, so he would be more interested in the young Janissaries who guarded him.
https://www.yfull.com/tree/I-BY25359/

Yes, it appears that whatever Mr. Delev says has to be taken with a grain of salt. I do know that Karl XII of Sweden did live for a time in the Ottoman Empire between his military campaigns. Yes, he could have been gay or even asexual. This doesn't necessarily preclude him from having had children though. Just look at King Edward II of England or Philippe, Duke of Orleans.

In any case, however, I do not know of any Wittelsbach having been tested before for a Y-chromosome haplogroup. It would be interesting to see what is the truth in the matter.

Nikola Tsvyatkov is in fact I2a2b-L38, presumably from the East European BY25359 branch. There are already a few Bulgarians and Macedonians found with it, so not unusual for Bulgaria. His claim to royalty was ridiculously based on the fact that Charles XII stopped at his village sometimes when fled to Turkey. It is considered also that Charles XII was gay, so he would be more interested in the young Janissaries who guarded him.

Dear eastara.
I don't speak Bulgarian and don't know who Nikola Tsvyatkov is, but I am BY25359 and would like to know, who he is, or why he should be linked to Swedish Kings.
Thank you.

I think it would be very helpful if archeological remains recovered and tombs of kings, queens, emperors and fraternal relatives or descendants were tested for DNA.

I have read a tooth may have undamaged DNA.

This thread has been viewed 606997 times.

Back