Haplogroups of European kings and queens

To Venko 2257:
It's from a 2nd cousin to our king (from Gustaf V), had his own DNA_company some years ago, wanted to help people test to see if they were royal, but it was very expensive and also on his mother's side he was not royal, so many match him on FTDNA on that side.. Now his reslut is out with the letter "J.B." and a russian email (Temnikov...), because his mother was a Romanov..
I have access to a kit that match him on FF, so it's from that I have seen this info..

Thank you, LP72!

Yes, I remember now. You're talking about Jan Bernadotte, Comte de Wisborg (b. 1941), a great-grandson of King Gustaf V and a second cousin of King Carl XVI Gustaf.

The Comte de Wisborg is not in the line of succession to the throne of Sweden, due to the non-dynastic marriage of his late father, Lennart Bernadotte (1909 - 2004). Incidentally, that comital title was awarded to Lennart by his second cousin once removed, Grand Duchess Charlotte of Luxembourg (1896 - 1964).

According to https://www.eupedia.com/europe/Haplogroup_E1b1b_Y-DNA.shtml#famous_people.

[FONT=&quot]Gjergj Kastrioti Skënderbe, also known as Skanderbeg (1405-1468), was an Albanian feudal lord and military commander who led a rebellion against the Ottoman Empire in what is today Albania, North Macedonia, Greece, Kosovo, Montenegro and Serbia. One of his patrilineal descendants was identified as a member of haplogroup E-V13 > Z17107.[/FONT]

Royal Descent

I descend from the Plantagenets ( linesof descent to Edw III, Edw I, Henry III) and Malcolm and Duncan of Scotland, with a J1C1 haplogroup. NO Y info available.

I descend from the Plantagenets ( linesof descent to Edw III, Edw I, Henry III) and Malcolm and Duncan of Scotland, with a J1C1 haplogroup. NO Y info available.

Paternally or maternally?

It's worth pointing out that the mtDNA haplogroup of both Edward IV of England (1442 - 1483) and Richard III of England (1452 - 1485) is assumed to be J1c2c. Uterine line descendants of their sister, Anne, Duchess of Exeter (1439 - 1476), were tested back in the early 2010s to ascertain whether or not the remains found under a car park in the UK were those of the latter king or not. The maternal analysis was encouraging, but the paternal one was not, so there's some serious doubt about the "correct" Plantagenet Y-DNA haplogroup.
Incidentally, the reference to the two Scottish kings from the House of Dunkeld led me to recall that the Washington family, a prominent member of which was the very first President of the United States, is sometimes considered to be agnatically derived from it. To make things even more interconnected, the Neville family, to which both the mother and the wife of Richard III belonged, is also thought to be paternally descended from the Dunkelds. Who knows.

I match her exactly here are mine.

a16129g t16187c t16189c t16223c
g16230a c16239t t16278c c16311t

Here are the rest

g73a, c146t, c152t, c195t, a247g, extra mutation 315.1c 522.1a 522.2c

What does that mean?

I match hers exactly

a16129g t16187c t16189c t16223c g16230a c16239t t16278c c16311t g73a, c146t, c152t, c195t, a247g, extra mutation 315.1c 522.1a 522.2c

What does this mean?

mtDNA-matching

If you have taken a mtDNA-fullsequence, to match someone exactly, means that you share all the relevant tested mutations of your mtDNA. But what does it mean? Well a mtDNA match can be thousands of years apart, so not much without connecting it to genealogy.

According to the Stuart/Stewart Project at FTDNA, King Charles II of Great Britain would have been R1b-L21. This is concordant with the history of the House of Stuart, who traces its roots to Brittany (a region with a high frequency of R-L21) before settling in Scotland during the Norman period.
Maciamo , can explain to me for example if i have the same subclade from a king , that means we have a ancient ancestry in common?

Maciamo , can explain to me for example if i have the same subclade from a king , that means we have a ancient ancestry in common?
If you share a Y-DNA subclade with a king, it means that you have a common paternal ancestor stemming back from the originator of the mutation that defines that subclade. Keep in mind for broader haplogroups this means tens of thousands of years, but for deeper subclades this can mean a thousand years or less, depending on the TMRCA of the subclade.

If you share a Y-DNA subclade with a king, it means that you have a common paternal ancestor stemming back from the originator of the mutation that defines that subclade. Keep in mind for broader haplogroups this means tens of thousands of years, but for deeper subclades this can mean a thousand years or less, depending on the TMRCA of the subclade.
I have same subclade from house of habsburg , R-L2, where i find my tmrca? , and this subclade that means i have recents ancestors with them i mean 1000 2000 years or less? My father is R-U152 ,

I have same subclade from house of habsburg , R-L2, where i find my tmrca? , and this subclade that means i have recents ancestors with them i mean 1000 2000 years or less? My father is R-U152 ,
R-L2
TMRCA 4300 years.

It could be closer to today, it all depends on deeper tests, you could share a younger subclade with them, but to check for that they would have to test deeper and so would you.

So as it stands 4300 years it is.

It could be closer to today, it all depends on deeper tests, you could share a younger subclade with them, but to check for that they would have to test deeper and so would you.

So as it stands 4300 years it is.
Y-tree says my complete haplogroup when i click icon y tree , what that means , R-L2* , R-FGC22501* , R-FTA2489*, R-Z49* , R-S15208* , what means these numbers and letters

Y-tree says my complete haplogroup when i click icon y tree , what that means , R-L2* , R-FGC22501* , R-FTA2489*, R-Z49* , R-S15208* , what means these numbers and letters
It means that at the depth you tested, this is your terminal clade:
R-Y141916

Which I guess is not likely the Habsburg terminal clade.

It means that at the depth you tested, this is your terminal clade:
R-Y141916

Which I guess is not likely the Habsburg terminal clade.
Sub subClade from habsburg is DF90 , mine is FGC22501 , but both me and habsburg we are related by subclade from R-L2 with name Z41150 , so thats means we can to be not so distant?

Sub subClade from habsburg is DF90 , mine is FGC22501 , but both me and habsburg we are related by subclade from R-L2 with name Z41150 , so thats means we can to be not so distant?
I am not sure. It looks distant.

This thread has been viewed 603678 times.

Back