Reaction score
Ethnic group
Celtiberians
Y-DNA haplogroup
R1b-S26
mtDNA haplogroup
H1
Hi,

The subclade R1b1b2a1a3 (R1b1c9a) has it's place of highest frequency in Southern & eastern England, Norway, southern Germany, and Spain

I wanted to know more about this sublcade. Why is that it is found at this places ?? It has something to do with the Germanic invasions in Spain ?

Thanks,

Hi,

The subclade R1b1b2a1a3 (R1b1c9a) has it's place of highest frequency in Southern & eastern England, Norway, southern Germany, and Spain

I wanted to know more about this sublcade. Why is that it is found at this places ?? It has something to do with the Germanic invasions in Spain ?

Thanks,

Norway?

Which subclade are you talking about? I don't recognize the nomenclature, so maybe you could just use the shorthand and refer to the SNP itself.

Anyway, if it is some clade of U106, not that much U106 has been found in Norway yet.

Unless you have read some new study about Spain that I don't know about, there are very few Spanish R1b that belong to R1b1b2a1a3 (R1b1c9a). The highest frequency for R1b-U106 is in the Netherlands, North-West Germany and East England.

Based on the current knowledge of haplogroups and history, I would say that your paternal ancestors were Germanic, probably Visigothic if they come from Catalonia, but possibly Frankish (which fits better with the geographic origin of R-U106).

Thank you.

I've found It's the S26
Im spanish and I have it.

I've found It's the S26
Im spanish and I have it.

S26 is a subclade of U106. That's indeed a haplogroup found principally around the Netherlands and England.

This thread has been viewed 10672 times.

Back