Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Results 1 to 13 of 13

Thread: Review of the evolution of migration theories in European prehistory

  1. #1
    Satyavrata Maciamo's Avatar
    Join Date
    17-07-02
    Location
    Lothier
    Posts
    9,455


    Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic
    Country: Belgium - Brussels



    Review of the evolution of migration theories in European prehistory

    Dienekes has posted a nice summary of the history of migration theories since the early days of anthropology with Coon until the latest DNA tests on Neolithic and Mesolithic Europeans.

    We will know more once more ancient DNA is tested. Everybody is looking forward for the prehistoric Y-DNA results. If my reasoning is correct it should confirm my own migration theories as illustrated by these maps.

    In short, I postulate that :

    - Mesolithic hunter-gatherers belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup I (and mtDNA haplogroup U)

    - Early Neolithic farmers from Greece and the Balkans brought Y-DNA haplogroups E1b1b (notably E-V13), T and J2 (especially J2b), and possibly also G2a, which I associated with the spread of sheep and goat herders from the Caucasus region and Anatolia westward along the Mediterranean.

    - The next wave of migrants were the Bronze-Age Indo-Europeans, which can be separated in two groups : the northern R1a from the Eurasian steppes, and the southern R1b from the region north and south of the Caucasus and around the Black Sea, especially in northern Anatolia and southern Russia. This was the first violent migration into Europe. Their technological superiority and war-like culture caused them to replace most of the older paternal lineages in conquered regions, giving the current landscape of R1b-R1a dominated Western and Eastern Europe. Regions with a long tradition of agriculture and bigger cities, like the Balkans, Greece and southern Italy, suffered less from the Indo-Europeans.

    At present it looks like the Indo-Europeans could have belonged to mtDNA haplogroups U (U3 and U4 ?), H (H5 and H7 ?), K, I, W and X. Some J and T is also possible for the R1b group due to their Middle-Eastern origin.
    My book selection---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.

  2. #2
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-09-09
    Posts
    65


    Country: United States



    I-M170 is obviously the oldest Haplogroup in Europe -very old-

    I like this chart for classification of the lineages that branched of Paleolithic I-M170, they classify I2-438 as the Cro Magnons




  3. #3
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    13-09-09
    Posts
    65


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Mesolithic hunter-gatherers belonged to Y-DNA haplogroup I (and mtDNA haplogroup U).
    mtDNA like everywhere else seems to be hard to classify...I accept theories that explain this as simply a males choice in replacing new female lineages (as coldhearted as it sounds)

    Look at the highest I_M170 frequencies in Europe (Dalmatia) also the highest H & V mtdna region the pairs match at 60%+ of the poulation, so this means that either R0 entered Europe at a very early age? -earlier than most of us assumed- or maybe R0 specifically H lineage prevailed in Europe because European males quickly favored them over the cold climate evolved females/use your imagination /...So this makes sense imagine how modern Humans favor certain females today over their own due to change of taste, at the Paleolithic with lesser marital bonds...the males change of mates could have been as casual as a fashion trend! or switiching from a Stone tool to another

    I lean more towards an older migration of H because H is also high in Sweden which is hard to explain (I can't imagine R1b males arriving and handed over most their females to I1-M253 don't seem logical )

    Highest R1b nations have slightly less H than Sweden-Dalmatia, so this means H became the favorite matrnal lineage in Europe sometime before the R1b invasion/migration to Europe

  4. #4
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    12-04-10
    Posts
    1


    Country: Romania



    - The next wave of migrants were the Bronze-Age Indo-Europeans [...] This was the first violent migration into Europe.
    excuse me, but didn't you link to Mario Alinei book, somewhere on this site, Mario Alinei who explains the theory of warlike Indo-Europeans is a myth ? "The evidence collected by archaeology in the last thirty years, in fact, overwhelmingly prove the absence of any large scale invasion in Europe, and the uninterrupted continuity of most Copper and Bronze Age cultures of Europe from Neolithic" - THE PALEOLITHIC CONTINUITY THEORY ON INDO-EUROPEAN ORIGINS

  5. #5
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Genocentrist View Post
    I-M170 is obviously the oldest Haplogroup in Europe -very old-

    I like this chart for classification of the lineages that branched of Paleolithic I-M170, they classify I2-438 as the Cro Magnons


    This is BULL, pseudo-science. Haplogroups can't be used for determining race.

  6. #6
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Genocentrist View Post
    mtDNA like everywhere else seems to be hard to classify...I accept theories that explain this as simply a males choice in replacing new female lineages (as coldhearted as it sounds)

    Look at the highest I_M170 frequencies in Europe (Dalmatia) also the highest H & V mtdna region the pairs match at 60%+ of the poulation, so this means that either R0 entered Europe at a very early age? -earlier than most of us assumed- or maybe R0 specifically H lineage prevailed in Europe because European males quickly favored them over the cold climate evolved females/use your imagination /...So this makes sense imagine how modern Humans favor certain females today over their own due to change of taste, at the Paleolithic with lesser marital bonds...the males change of mates could have been as casual as a fashion trend! or switiching from a Stone tool to another

    I lean more towards an older migration of H because H is also high in Sweden which is hard to explain (I can't imagine R1b males arriving and handed over most their females to I1-M253 don't seem logical )

    Highest R1b nations have slightly less H than Sweden-Dalmatia, so this means H became the favorite matrnal lineage in Europe sometime before the R1b invasion/migration to Europe
    The highest presence of H &V is Spain, not Dalmatia.

  7. #7
    Regular Member Cambrius (The Red)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    27-06-09
    Posts
    2,640

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

    Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic
    Country: USA - Ohio



    More pseudo science from the embracer of myths...blah, blah, blah.

  8. #8
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    20-05-09
    Posts
    217


    Country: Croatia



    I2a2 linked with Dinarid sub-race, of course
    Dalmatia is Paleolithic, not Dinarid, as those old arbitrary map show.But it's insane to link Y-DNA to phenotypes, I agree.

  9. #9
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    20-05-09
    Posts
    217


    Country: Croatia



    Quote Originally Posted by Cambria Red View Post
    More pseudo science from the embracer of myths...blah, blah, blah.
    Unbreakable circle of stupidity

  10. #10
    Regular Member Cambrius (The Red)'s Avatar
    Join Date
    27-06-09
    Posts
    2,640

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b (RL-21*)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H3

    Ethnic group
    Gallaecian Celtic
    Country: USA - Ohio



    Quote Originally Posted by Genocentrist View Post
    mtDNA like everywhere else seems to be hard to classify...I accept theories that explain this as simply a males choice in replacing new female lineages (as coldhearted as it sounds)

    Look at the highest I_M170 frequencies in Europe (Dalmatia) also the highest H & V mtdna region the pairs match at 60%+ of the poulation, so this means that either R0 entered Europe at a very early age? -earlier than most of us assumed- or maybe R0 specifically H lineage prevailed in Europe because European males quickly favored them over the cold climate evolved females/use your imagination /...So this makes sense imagine how modern Humans favor certain females today over their own due to change of taste, at the Paleolithic with lesser marital bonds...the males change of mates could have been as casual as a fashion trend! or switiching from a Stone tool to another

    I lean more towards an older migration of H because H is also high in Sweden which is hard to explain (I can't imagine R1b males arriving and handed over most their females to I1-M253 don't seem logical )

    Highest R1b nations have slightly less H than Sweden-Dalmatia, so this means H became the favorite matrnal lineage in Europe sometime before the R1b invasion/migration to Europe
    "Violent migrations"? Is this not the same absurd notion that the disgraced racist fraud Carleton Coon posited? Seriously now...

  11. #11
    בלי עין הרע Semitic Duwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-03-10
    Location
    BEHIND YOUR HOUSE WITH A FLAME-THROWER
    Posts
    207

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-Z18271 (Kohen)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5

    Ethnic group
    Half-Jewish (paternal) & Half-British (maternal)
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by Maciamo View Post
    Some J and T is also possible for the R1b group due to their Middle-Eastern origin.
    You look reluctant to JT's indo-european origin even though both are linked to Anatolia (thus supporting Renfrew's theory in the balance).

    Care to explain?

  12. #12
    Regular Member Wilhelm's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-10-09
    Location
    Spain
    Posts
    1,661

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b-S26
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1

    Ethnic group
    Celtiberians
    Country: Spain - Catalonia



    Quote Originally Posted by Semitic Duwa View Post
    You look reluctant to JT's even though both are linked to Anatolia (thus supporting Renfrew's theory in the balance).

    Care to explain?
    Are you french ? I ask this because I know people who all of a sudden think they are semitic just because they are J1....

  13. #13
    בלי עין הרע Semitic Duwa's Avatar
    Join Date
    03-03-10
    Location
    BEHIND YOUR HOUSE WITH A FLAME-THROWER
    Posts
    207

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    J1-Z18271 (Kohen)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    J1c5

    Ethnic group
    Half-Jewish (paternal) & Half-British (maternal)
    Country: France



    Quote Originally Posted by Wilhelm View Post
    Are you french ? I ask this because I know people who all of a sudden think they are semitic just because they are J1....

    I'm a Kohen, not the same (though my family name isn't Kohen, I am a descendant of Aharon) thus a Joooooo


    French J1c3d-L147+....ROFLMAO

Similar Threads

  1. Pontic-Caucasian Steppes Prehistory Cultures chronology doubts
    By loco_aullador in forum Archeology & Prehistory
    Replies: 2
    Last Post: 18-12-13, 03:17
  2. Film Review : The Constant Gardener
    By Maciamo in forum Other Serious Discussion
    Replies: 1
    Last Post: 29-03-11, 18:09
  3. Book Review : The Mother Tongue, by Bill Bryson
    By Maciamo in forum Linguistics
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 12-07-09, 14:57
  4. Personal genomics : review
    By Maciamo in forum DNA testing companies
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 31-12-08, 13:34

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •