Serb and Croat genes

What exactly is included into 'light eyes'?light brown may also be light?i know that Coon measured 70% light and light-mixed for both Croatia and Slovenia individually

Blue, green, grey.

http://mappery.com/maps/Europe-Blond-Hair-Map.mediumthumb.jpg

i see both Italy and Spain are in 1-19% section,so technically it is correct i believe,although Spain has more light hair.And I think thas indeed is true,because my class in high school has been in Spain and I've seen a lot of Spaniards,and Italy is close to Croatia so I've often in contact with Italians(tourists).

Concerning maps,i think they're generally OK,at least for my area(ex-Yugo-Italy-Austria),you can't really go in tiny details with such things.

Overall, both Spain and Portugal are about 20% blond / light brown. Some areas, such as my region, are, approximately 30-35% light haired. This does not include red haired people.

Most of these maps need a lot of work.

In all honsety , these maps of eyes and hair are BS. From all the sources I could gather, Spain is about 17-20% blonde, while Italy about 10-12% blonde, yet these maps show that Italy is blonder.

Very incorrect maps.

What exactly is included into 'light eyes'?light brown may also be light?i know that Coon measured 70% light and light-mixed for both Croatia and Slovenia individually

:rolleyes: Coon was a racist and delusional. He was thrown out of the American Anthropological Association for questionable methods and racism. Don't accept ANYTHING he has written without a grain of salt. Coon has been totally disgraced and is essentially irrelevant.

:rolleyes: Coon was a racist and delusional. He was thrown out of the American Anthropological Association for questionable methods and racism. Don't accept ANYTHING he has written without a grain of salt. Coon has been totally disgraced and is essentially irrelevant.
I know,I just mentioned how Coon used the method of light and 'light mixed' eyes,the latter being subject of my interest.

There are a few things on which he was right though,i think,but some of his statements are laughable,he gives cephalic index for Croatia 85 while latest research shows it is 74-75 actually:startled:
or the term 'neo danubian',which is unexistent and fruit of his racist imagination just to lump eastern europeans all into the same box:confused:

I know,I just mentioned how Coon used the method of light and 'light mixed' eyes,the latter being subject of my interest.

There are a few things on which he was right though,i think,but some of his statements are laughable,he gives cephalic index for Croatia 85 while latest research shows it is 74-75 actually:startled:
or the term 'neo danubian',which is unexistent and fruit of his racist imagination just to lump eastern europeans all into the same box:confused:

The man was a sinister charlatan, putting it mildly. Towards the end Coon became deranged. Some encyclopedias have eliminated all background information on him. At Harvard and U Penn, where Coon taught, he is considered dust-bin material.

The man was a sinister charlatan, putting it mildly. Towards the end Coon became deranged. Some encyclopedias have eliminated all background information on him. At Harvard and U Penn, where Coon taught, he is considered dust-bin material.
And I have a friend who trusts him blindly:confused:

Yeah,but some people are so stubborn that they would rather eat their own sh*t than open their mind a little.

Yeah,but some people are so stubborn that they would rather eat their own sh*t than open their mind a little.

Any little support for nut-job Coon has to do with certain people's ethnic insecurities. Coon is already in the dust-bin of history and people like your friend will soon follow, trust me. Ignorance does strange things to people. Coon was a grade A fraud and a horrible racist. Case closed.

Well,he's a pretty hard person to deal with,i must admit.He believes Coon blindly while he doesn't believe when i give to him last study which shows Croats from Zagreb are mostly dolicephalic,not some hyperbrachycephals as Coon stated,but nevertheless,Coon is the god to him :S

Also,I see according to Coon Italians are much fairier than Iberians...:D

Well,he's a pretty hard person to deal with,i must admit.He believes Coon blindly while he doesn't believe when i give to him last study which shows Croats from Zagreb are mostly dolicephalic,not some hyperbrachycephals as Coon stated,but nevertheless,Coon is the god to him :S

Also,I see according to Coon Italians are much fairier than Iberians...:D

Must have been the drugs Coon was on... :grin: Oh, maybe he needed glasses, yes?

Italians are majority Eastern Mediterranean and Iberians 2/3 - 3/4 Atlantic Celtic. On average, Iberians tend to be a bit lighter, with the exception of the south and southeast.

Ignorant people don't know these things. They watch garbage Hollywood movies with exaggerated stereotypes of Spaniards and believe everything they see. Some characters are so stupid they actually think that all Brazilians are native Portuguese, even though 50% of Brazil is mixed... bizarre! :LOL:

BTW, Coon did very little field work - a cardinal sin for an anthropologist - and used mainly outdated sources, making up things as he went along...:rolleyes:

The man disliked any number of ethnicities. What a sicko!

Last edited:
That's a good point actually,because my stubborn friend has accused me
that I'm a Hollywood-spoiled tenaager when I reccomended him to visit some anthro-forums like Anthroscape for ex. to educate himself about other anthropologists works and some other opinions...
The reason I'm mourning about this is because of the sad fact that it seems he is the only person with whom i can discuss on physical anthropology in Croatian forums.
So I'm glad I can inform myself on foreign forums about some things,which absolutely make sanse,in conversation with educated and open-minded people,because limiting my spectres to conversations with him may be dangerous...let's hear what does he say on our current issue:
'Portuguese are by far the darkest Europeans',and then he cites Coon of course.If i complain about that or something else as ilogical,than the attack of stubborness follows...and so on.It is sad to see such people exist,however,I will have a short prayer for him to come to wisdom,although I doubt it.

'Portuguese are by far the darkest Europeans',and then he cites Coon..."
Not even close... :LOL: I guess he's never been to Portugal. Or, maybe he thinks colonial mulattos / mestizos are native origin Portuguese. :rolleyes: What an idiot.

When he said that to me,I asked him where did he read that,he just threw away the statistics(from Coon of course),and said that all analyses of anthropologists confirmed that(obviously not this one:startled:)
and in the end,he said...'but i don't need to read that,i can see that with my own eyes':LOL:

When he said that to me,I asked him where did he read that,he just threw away the statistics(from Coon of course),and said that all analyses of anthropologists confirmed that(obviously not this one:startled:)
and in the end,he said...'but i don't need to read that,i can see that with my own eyes':LOL:

There is a thread here that was closed and it contains a bunch of group pictures of REAL (native origin) Portuguese people; from sports teams, military, folklore groups. I'd post them myself but am out of room. Send them off to your delusional friend... :LOL:

I will,surely :D

The native origin Portuguese photos were posted on 7th January 2010 in the "Iberians are Heavily Celtic..." thread, part of the European History and Culture section. I could send thousands more group pictures and the people would all pretty much look the same.

Your friend may need a psychiatrist when he views them... :LOL:

This thread has been viewed 188832 times.

Back