Election - choose the best Beer

Damian

Reaction score
Hello!

Let's choose the best beer in UE.

* In my opinion only beers - Heineken and Tyskie are the best :)

Umm.... id say Guinness but i like our local beer Mahou too...

The only thing I like about Heineken is its "walk-in fridge" commercial with the guys screaming!

Heineken is very popular in Greece. Not popular with me though :D

Duvel is my favorite beer.

That's an interesting topic. Unfortunately I don't like beer (yes, any kind :( )

No... Not Heineken :( I can only grade it as average... It's only good for when you want to have a beach party at night with friends and you can find nothing but a local mini-market store open at that hour with only 1 brand of beer and no diet coke in their fridge :p

Last edited:
I'm not a big consumer of beer but I agree with Marianne that Heineken is average, at best.

I'm not a huge fun of beer, unless it's hot, sweaty and the beer is cold. From all beers available locally, and I didn't try many I admit, I buy Heineken. Tasty and nicely balanced beer.
I don't remember trying Tyskie though.

Jeez, Heineken. Have you no taste buds? There are quite a few beers that are better than a mass produced lager. Now I am a Guinness drinker, but I do know that the taste is a bit strong for a lot of people. Murphys is another stout, but smoother taste than guinness. Bass bitter is a good beer, along with Pedigree and Bombardier. For lighter ales you can try Cobra, Tiger, Budvar (the real budweiser, not that cheap tasteless p!ss water the Americans drink). In fact there are a number of bottled beers that outclass Heineken, maybe you should go and give them a try, after all Europe is just one big brewery and a long tradition of good beers.

I find local English ales quite interesting and enjoyable, but overall I'd have to say that European beers are much too varied for anyone to choose a best one.

Lagers have completely different characteristics to ales, porters, stouts...etc.

The beer "Bison"

the last time I drank beer bison, this beer is straight out of the wilderness,. It tastes great

Depends on the weather. I like Grolsh in the summer but a locally brewed live beer at other times.

But NEVER Ameriucan or Canadian beer. The latter I am sure they only rent to people, the former reminds me of making love by the side of a lake.

Beer what a great subject, if a cooooold beer isn't the answer then I don't want to know the question.:grin:

Guinness, Murphys or Beamish stout, everyone has there favourite and the connoisseurs will argue heatedly over the different virtues but they are all good. - Unfortunately can lead to foul odours the following day and unpleasant scenes with other family members and fellow bathroom users, especially if evening of drinking was followed by a trip to the local Chinese take away.

Budweiser is remarkably popular in Ireland even if in its US home its often considered piss, its brewed under licence here and I believe the alcohol content is higher here.

Heineken is also popular but personally i find it a bit bitter, its found a home among the more affluent Dublin southsiders, you can often here them on a Friday night in Dundrum " are you going for a Heini". (Tossers)

Zywiec and Lech are both fine beers and all the more popular with our large Polish contingent, its priced at the higher end of the market but only available in bottles or cans I haven't come across it on draft yet. The Lech reminds me of Heineken while the Zyiec is similar to Bud.

My all time favourite is Smithwicks ale, slightly sweet and always goes down a treat. Ive tried a few speciality ale's from the local super market like Spitfire Ale and Bishops finger, also very good but again unfortunately not available on draft.(y)

My son won’t touch Guinness. He says it’s full of female sex hormones. He bases this on the fact that after a few pints of the stuff he drives like an idiot and talks rubbish.

THE BEER PRAYER

OUR LAGER, WHICH ART IN BARRELS,
HALLOWED BY THY FAME.
THY WILL BE DRUNK, I WILL BE DRUNK,
AT HOME, AS IT IS IN HEAVEN.
GIVE US THIS DAY OUR FOAMY HEAD,
AND FORGIVE OUR SPILLAGE,
AS WE FORGIVE THOSE WHO SPILL AGAINST US.
AND LEAD US NOT TO INCARCERATION,
BUT DELIVER US FROM HANGOVERS.
FOR THINE IS THE ALE, THE PILSNER, AND THE LAGER,
FOREVER AND EVER.
- AMEN -

A big row going on in Ireland at the moment, Munster and Leinster rugby teams are due to play each other in the Magners league in Munster on Good Friday. The vintners association of Ireland are going bonkers because pubs aren't allowed open on Good Friday.:sad-2:

This thread has been viewed 45991 times.

Back