Thread: It can all hinge on a few fragments

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R-L48+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

Ethnic group
    English

It can all hinge on a few fragments

As a non-expert, this is an excellent example of the 'so what' factor (i.e. what does it all add up to?):
    http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/new...cle7022317.ece

Ethnic group
    Italo-celto-germanic

The SNP analysis of this 4,000 year-old Inuit is an important step in ancient DNA testing because it is the first time such an old specimen gets most of its genome tested. The DNA was well preserved thanks to the cold. But as the Inuits are some of the people who have probably the least changed over the last 4,000 years (no immigration from outside, small population, little lifestyle change) the results are not very interesting. What strikes me with the facial reconstruction is that this Inuit has a pretty high forehead for a Mongoloid.
    Check this selection of my best forum topics
    My book selection
    ---Follow me on Facebook and Twitter --- My profile on Academia.edu and on ResearchGate ----Check Wa-pedia's Japan Guide
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    "What is the use of living, if it be not to strive for noble causes and to make this muddled world a better place for those who will live in it after we are gone?", Winston Churchill.