Heavy Metal

Tautalos

Reaction score
Ethnic group
Indo-European - Celto-Roman-Hispanic
British pop, French chansons or Italian melodies. Discuss all your favourites here?

What about the one that is perhaps the most «exclusively» white-European of all - Heavy Metal and it's varieties (Death, Epic, Viking, Black, Power, etc.)?

An interesting article that refers' it's possible meaning:

Now, it's direct subject is AC/DC, which is Australian and not European, but what really matters here is the rant of the author about this genre (the bold is mostly mine, but not exclusively):

(...)
Of the thousands of human beings packed into the arena, I did not see a single non-white face. They may have been there, but in numbers that can only be described as statistically insignificant. They were working-class class whites, for the most part, spanning a range of ages, with the occasional obvious yuppie-with-a-black-T-shirt-for-the-occasion thrown in.

The swarms of whites did not go unnoticed by the smaller crowds of blacks orbiting the Verizon Center that night. They seemed slightly alarmed by the rugged whites, many of whom sported Celtic cross tattoos, Germanic cross T-shirts, and other signs of what psychologist Kevin MacDonald calls "Implicit whiteness Some taunts were thrown in our direction by a group of black girls, and one black man was prompted, for reasons I could not discern, to bellow "suck my d***. Suck my big black d***" for all to hear.
(...)

But the pro-white observer in me could not help but play field anthropologist at the same time. Here I was, in the thick of thousands of whites, all communing, if you will, around what was essentially a pagan convergence. The same folks who heaped hatred on Sarah Palin could not have been much more comfortable with this panorama: a sea of white males all thrusting their fists in the air and yelling "oi!", and the occasional buxom white woman — probably a non-feminist — gyrating with glee.
I am sure that conservative Christian whites would not have approved of much of it. But if we as whites are looking for what works, we should not overlook the "Viking" whites as an element of healthy, vigorous white life. They like the beer, the fighting and the sex. Properly directed, this is what a race on the survival track does.

In considering it further, I decided that the real function of AC/DC's music is to whip up whites for war and male fertility. Again, these aren't bad things for a race declining in numbers and influence across the Western world. And it all operates free from the scrutiny of the SPLC and other "hate hunters", because it's just too attenuated from anything explicitly pro-white (this explains why the criticism of "Lord of the Rings" as "racist" wasn't taken seriously by anyone — though it was certainly accurate).

(...)
There is a wonderful mystery to the dark forests of our European ancestors the sprites, the gnomes, the elves, the swords, the axes, the knights, the maidens, the witches and warlocks, the war-party bonfires. It's a bottomless lake for the white imagination,(...)

The trend towards reaching back and peering into the pre-Christian past of Europe is interesting. I think that it is at least in part a result of the decline of the influence/adherence to Christianity on the continent. I think everyone at some point feels the desire to reach back and imagine what it would have been like to have a part of the old culture from which one's society emerged.

It seems to be a way for people, especially the younger ones, to express a way of feeling a common bond and of proclaiming a sense of identity.
In using music as their medium for this, they can avoid having labels such as racist, fascist, far-rightist etc., from being hurled at them.

Haha.. The Heavy Metal subculture has nothing to do with right wing extremism.

It's ashame that some neo nazi groups abuse the Celtic Cross, by using it to express things like White Power or such rubbish.
The same idiocy as the use of Lonsdale clothing to express their nazi sympathies.
Just because a part of the name LONSDALE can be read as NSDA.. Referring to the German nazi party of the NSDAP.
Their brain has little capacity, and so they come up with stupid things like that.

On the other hand, there are some rock bands who make racist text, but they are a small minority.

Most of the Hard Rock fans are quite nice. Nothing wrong with them.

For the rest I can tell you the youth in Europe is quite political inactive.
And that's a problem. They don't care about it.
Sick and tired of the political corruption, the lies, the continuing manipulation of the media made them cynical.

So they use music as an escape route.

Try Rammstein.. We're all living in America..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=URKa3umgQic

It's a parody on the USA.

But look... Music of Rammstein is abused in this YouTube movie:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IF8n6-wxsfk&feature=related

It isn't from Rammstein.

It's from some nazi weirdo's who overwrite the original with false material.

So don't believe all that is published on the internet.

QUOTE]

As you are aware, I CLEARLY did not state that heavy metal fans were associated with far-rightists.

I merely mentioned that the culture mentioned is a place where some who want to seek a connection with the past can gather without being ACCUSED of being far-rightists. Read the main article on the thread to see what the context was.

Some of course just like the music itself.

British pop, French chansons or Italian melodies. Discuss all your favourites here?

What about the one that is perhaps the most «exclusively» white-European of all - Heavy Metal and it's varieties (Death, Epic, Viking, Black, Power, etc.)?

An interesting article that refers' it's possible meaning:

Now, it's direct subject is AC/DC, which is Australian and not European, but what really matters here is the rant of the author about this genre (the bold is mostly mine, but not exclusively):
,(...)

AC/DC are partly European, Angus and Malcolm Young are Scottish born and migrated to Australia with their family in the 1960s. Bonn Scott was also Scottish.

It seems to me that the author of the article is making sweeping generalisations based entirely on one concert by one band and in one city. The recent AC/DC concert in Athens didn't involve any of the people described above, just thousands of ordinary people, of all ages enjoying good music.

I've been a fan of AC/DC since their beginning and have loved heavy metal music almost my whole life but I've yet to sport tattoos, shaved head, tasteless T-shirts, nor do I see it as a celebration of my Celtic roots. Neither have I met anyone who does, it is all about a person's particular taste in music. Simple.

QUOTE]

As you are aware, I CLEARLY did not state that heavy metal fans were associated with far-rightists.

I merely mentioned that the culture mentioned is a place where some who want to seek a connection with the past can gather without being ACCUSED of being far-rightists. Read the main article on the thread to see what the context was.

Some of course just like the music itself.

You Bla Bla again and again.

AC/DC is too soft for Metal, it's Hard Rock!

There is a wonderful mystery to the dark forests of our European ancestors the sprites, the gnomes, the elves, the swords, the axes, the knights, the maidens, the witches and warlocks, the war-party bonfires. It's a bottomless lake for the white imagination,(...)

*lol* :LOL:

All people liking heavy metal have psychological/emotional problems and addictions, their life is usually in ruin.
I'm not saying that this music let them to this type of life. I think it's more like their emotional state makes them like this type of music.

If you are an employer, ask people what type of music they like. You can pretty much figure out emotional state of people on base of music.
Heavy metal = very emotional addictive personality.

I know it's not a rule for everyone, but it makes sense statistically.

All people liking heavy metal have psychological/emotional problems and addictions, their life is usually in ruin.
I'm not saying that this music let them to this type of life. I think it's more like their emotional state makes them like this type of music.

If you are an employer, ask people what type of music they like. You can pretty much figure out emotional state of people on base of music.
Heavy metal = very emotional addictive personality.

I know it's not a rule for everyone, but it makes sense statistically.

A lot of BS again..

Especially your use of the word.. "statistically".

My management teacher told us that "statistics" are a higher form of telling lies. :innocent:

A lot of BS again..

My management teacher told us that "statistics" are a higher form of telling lies. :innocent:

You actually manage people?

A lot of BS again..

One stupid comment from a teacher and now you have a problem understanding world and people. Believing in All Mighty CIA doesn't help you in this department either.

One stupid comment from a teacher and now you have a problem understanding world and people. Believing in All Mighty CIA doesn't help you in this department either.

Just shut up. You are a bad clown.

This thread has been viewed 25858 times.

Back