Race and IQ

Is there a difference of IQ between the larger race groups?

• Yes, I think so.

Votes: 64 58.7%
  • No, I don't think so.

Votes: 31 28.4%
  • Not sure.

Votes: 14 12.8%

• Total voters
Linx, if for you more intelligent is a superior human being, than this is your problem.

As I predicted you started being pathetically euphemistic. :rolleyes: Very logic since you have no arguments to excuse your racists ideas. Please, stop embarrasing yourself even more.

Humans are more intelligents than animals... and of course darling, that makes us (humans) superior to animals.

PS: Well said bud, and welcome to the forum. :)

Nice going, Bud. (y)

Wilhelm and linx, if you guys came here to deliberate on the subject and not to bully and ridicule, you would read what I say at first place.
Concentrated on how to degrade other human being you guys missed the content of my posts.
I said that 80/20 is my guess, so what source/link I should post Wilhelm???!!!
Cambria said that 50/50 is scientifically calculated, so I'm waiting for the calculation.

Linx, if for you more intelligent is a superior human being, than this is your problem.
I have another question for you:
If your neighbor is less intelligent from you, and you know it, and he's a different race. Does this make you feel superior and racist at same time?

I'm still waiting for answers form previous posts. Don't be afraid, it can only make you smarter.

Even with definition of racism is not that easy. Every dictionary and philosopher looks at it a different way. Here is some more explanation from Wiki:

Anything else you would like to pick on? Just groundless accusation, and character assassination? What about just pure bulling, name calling, degrading, hmmm? Just to feed your psychopathic personalities, or go with Department instructions.

Psychopathic? Do you have any certainty about what "psychopathic" really signifies?

LeBrock, what part of the world are you really from? Your rather "choppy" (indeed, sometimes awkward) writing style is suggestive of an individual who is not native to Canada.

The bottom line is really quite simple: If you cease your racist attacks against Spaniards, Portuguese and other Iberians, accept certain realities and act like a rational and civil person, the situation vis-a-vis you and any number of forum members I'm sure would dramatically improve overnight. The first thing you need to do is apologize to ^Lynx^, Wilhelm, myself and all other Iberian contributors on Eupedia.

We are waiting...

Last edited:
Any word on the topic, no?
Answering few questions on topic that I posted, no?
Any original thought on other topics, no?
How about digging the 50/50 research, that you're 100% sure about? Not going well?
How about one statistic or other research proving your position that all races have same IQ level? Also unsuccessful? Are you just trying your best guess on this subject?

Oh, that's why you left only with bulling and character assassination!

Any word on the topic, no?
Answering few questions on topic that I posted, no?
Any original thought on other topics, no?
How about digging the 50/50 research, that you're 100% sure about? Not going well?
How about one statistic or other research proving your position that all races have same IQ level? Also unsuccessful? Are you just trying your best guess on this subject?

Oh, that's why you left only with bulling and character assassination!

Oh my, my, my, you are one off-the-wall character. Very shortly dear Alice, very shortly.

thanks for the welcome guys.

Oh my, my, my, you are one off-the-wall character. Very shortly dear Alice, very shortly.
Yes, keep digging, and help linx finding equal IQ for all races stats too. His shovel must be broken at the moment, lol, how is yours?

PS. Be creative this time and call me something new, maybe some bad names in Spanish (for my education), or look up your thesaurus or something.

Psychopathic? Do you have any certainty about what "psychopathic" really signifies?

The bottom line is really quite simple: If you cease your racist attacks against Spaniards, Portuguese and other Iberians
We are waiting...

100% linx is a psychopath, no doubt. Takes great pleasure abusing others.
You are just confused, still hope for you though. Too cocky with no original thought.
Wilhelm, follow the leader type, over the heals in many subjects, ADD kicking in.

I love Spain, and have couple Portuguese friends too. I despise bullies, psychopaths and arrogant individuals: linx, cambria, wilhelm, and I wouldn't care less from what corner of world you're coming from. Clear!?
Unfortunately for you it can't be a racism, I'm the same race, lol.
But doesn't it make it any better or worse? Pick one...

LeBrock, what part of the world are you really from? Your rather "choppy" (indeed, sometimes awkward) writing style is suggestive of an individual who is not native to Canada.
What native to Canada means??? Native Canadian? lol Who's native in country of immigrants?....(take your time on this one.)

You are just confused, still hope for you though. Too cocky with no original thought.
Wilhelm, follow the leader type, over the heals in many subjects, ADD kicking in.
Stop insulting Iberians. You do owe an apologize to all of us. We are still waiting.

I love Spain, and have couple Portuguese friends too. I despise bullies, psychopaths and arrogant individuals: linx, cambria, wilhelm, and I wouldn't care less from what corner of world you're coming from.
No, you better stop insulting iberians, it's pretty evident that something about Iberia bugs you. From the very first moment you entered in this forum it was evident. I still remember that manipulated height list and when we were discussing about the Celticity of Iberia your rage exploded finally. You should have been banned weeks ago. And now back to the topic.

Look, hypocritical b1tch:

1) It's you who always goes around prosecuting the iberians in every single thread in this forum to troll like a 12-years-old. I'm only here for replying to your disgusting, racist theories.

2) It's you who have been constantly mentioning me in every single thread even while I've have been 1 month on vacations. I've never wanted to talk to you... I've always tried to ignore you but you've finally managed to break my balls. Congratulations.

3) In life, sooner or later you take what you give. Someone have to teach you that lesson.

Yes, keep digging, and help linx finding equal IQ for all races stats too.

I don't need to post any source darling, I already explained you the main reason why Africa is so undeveloped: Its climate conditions (I thought you liked that map and saved it, remember?).

It's you who posted about some races being more intelligent than others due to genetics in the first place, it's you who have to prove your point in the first place and we haven't seen any source so far.

Greetings.

Last edited:
Yes, keep digging, and help linx finding equal IQ for all races stats too. His shovel must be broken at the moment, lol, how is yours?
PS. Be creative this time and call me something new, maybe some bad names in Spanish (for my education), or look up your thesaurus or something.

Are you so foolish to think that I have nothing better to do than spend any significant portion of my time responding to obsessive people who constantly throw out half-baked ideas?... :rolleyes:

In any case, we can start with the following research:

To preface things, early studies on IQ were found to be highly questionable methodologically. The experiments concentrated only on middle to upper class white individuals born into well educated families. Hardly what one would call a properly constructed COMPARATIVE participant field. Consequently, the percentages for hereditary determinants registered somewhat higher than environmental factors. Over time, these findings have not held up to scientific scrutiny.

One of the most telling research studies, Turkheimer et al. (2003), concentrated on the heritability (genetically inherited traits) of poverty stricken U.S. family groups. The statistical totals engendered gave clear evidence that, as regards impoverished families, 60% of the influences on childhood IQ variance can be attributed to factors of shared family environment and the genetic contributions were measured at near zero. The results collected from affluent families were almost the opposite.

Devlin et al. (Nature 1997) concluded that shared maternal (in this case fetal) environments actually amounted to 20% of covariance recorded between twins and 5% in comparative studies of siblings. The effects of genes were found to be reduced, with two important heritability measures falling below 50%.

Bouchard and McGue (2003) reviewed a large portion of heritability / environmental IQ literature and stated the following as regards pre and postnatal "nurturing" factors:

"[Some researchers], Chipuer et al. and Loehlin conclude that the postnatal rather than the prenatal environment is most important. The Devlin et al. conclusion that prenatal environment contributes to twin IQ [simply reinforces what has been substantially revealed in studies going back to 1950.]"

A portion of the American Psychological Associations' 1995 task force on "Intelligence and Unknowns" reads as follows:

"A common error is to assume that because something is heritable it is necessarily unchangeable...heritable traits can depend on learning, and they may be subject to other environmental effects as well. The value of heritability can change if the distribution of environments (or of genes) in the population is substantially altered. For example, an impoverished or suppressive environment could fail to support the development of a trait, and hence restrict individual variation. Differences in variation of heritability are found between developed and developing nations..."

There is much more research data buttressing the theory that environment has a highly significant - ~50%, or considerably higher in some cases - impact on IQ. I will post additional material as time permits.

Fundamentally, nowhere in the most recent research literature are the percentages 80% in favor of genetics as a determinant of IQ.

p.s. We are all waiting for your apology with respect to your treatment of Spaniards and other Iberians.

Last edited:
If race had anything to do with IQ then surely you wouldn't get a variation in IQ levels in said race!

If race had anything to do with IQ then surely you wouldn't get a variation in IQ levels in said race!

Indeed! Certainly you would not see major variations.(y)

Last edited:
Further research supporting the high importance of environment on IQ.

A psychological study was published in the journal Science (2007)and it came to the conclusion that a child's IQ level depends to a great degree on the quality of his family environment during the first two years of life.

This research was a collaborative effort by Harvard, University of Maryland, Temple University and the Tulane University School of Medicine.

Over several years, the research team tracked abandoned young children resident in Romanian orphanages. The ages of the experiment subjects ranged anywhere from six months to thirty months. The test results revealed that the children who received a reasonable level of care prior to the age of two had much higher Intelligent Quotient scores than those who received less than adequate care.

Ref: Charles A. Nelson and colleagues. 2007. Cognitive Recovery in Socially Deprived Young Children: The Bucharest Early Intervention Project. Science 21 December 2007. Vol. 318. no. 5858. pp. 1937-1940.

Last edited:
I personally think this whole thread is ridiculous. There are variations and differences between physical morphologies of the different ethnic groups or races. Physically there are differences between basic body types and shapes that include all human types.
These differences and variations run from one end of the spectrum to the other and are too numerous to list here. To deny that differences exist between the different races is to deny your human powers of observations. However just because there are differences does not mean that any of these differences mean that one race is superior to another. Certainly there are physical differences that exist that might make one race better at one sport than another but on the whole these variations can be found in any of the races. All of the differences are just examples of variations within genetic norm for human beings. Just as there are physical variations between the races I am sure that there are mental and neurological variations.
We are all descendants of different groups of people that left Africa over the last 200,000 years. The genetic traits that show up as differences between the races are the results of the environmental forces that shaped each of our ancestors into the physical form that they passed on to us. The biggest differences between us all are cultural or epigenetic in nature and not how we physically look.

I agree with last two posts Aristander and Cambria. Now we have a valid discussion.
You surprised me Cambia posting some tidbits of researches. I need time to go over it in the sours, though busy week ahead - the weekend is over. I let you know if you changed my mind,...or not.
Thanks for making an effort.

Was trying quickly find identical, separated at birth, twins good research, but nothing yet, except few interesting readings from this site. Twin research is awesome compering nurture versus nature. There is one caveat though, even identical twins are not 100% identical. To built a trillion cells, the human body is build of, mistakes in coping DNA are inevitable.

http://lornareiko.wordpress.com/200...o-were-separated-at-birth-what-are-they-like/

Look Wilhelm, we do think the same sometimes:

Yes, I do believe different races have different IQ. But this doesn't mean there are superior races, each race is adapted to it's environment. Intelligence is one of this factors of adaptation to environment
I couldn't agree more.

I agree with last two posts Aristander and Cambria. Now we have a valid discussion.
You surprised me Cambia posting some tidbits of researches. I need time to go over it in the sours, though busy week ahead - the weekend is over. I let you know if you changed my mind,...or not.
Thanks for making an effort.

Was trying quickly find identical, separated at birth, twins good research, but nothing yet, except few interesting readings from this site. Twin research is awesome compering nurture versus nature. There is one caveat though, even identical twins are not 100% identical. To built a trillion cells, the human body is build of, mistakes in coping DNA are inevitable.

http://lornareiko.wordpress.com/200...o-were-separated-at-birth-what-are-they-like/

You shouldn't be surprised in the least... :innocent:

I guess I'm joining this one a little late... I'm sure one would find some variation by just comparing averages. If the question is about averages, then there isn't much to discuss. The problem is that some people take that to mean that IQ is really tied to "race." For one, IQ is determined largely by environmental factors, like nutrition and stimulation during development, etc. (Even the presence of a father has been shown to correspond to higher IQ. Would we argue that people raised with a father are necessarily more intelligent? And what does that mean for the "race" argument?)

When we see different averages among "races," we have to be mindful of the fact that race often (sadly) corresponds to different access to resources, socialization, and other significant factors (like parenting practices). For those who would argue that, for eg, "Europeans" are more intelligent than "Africans"... let's hope you've taken the time to consider those environmental differences before making further implications.

Remember, race is NOT a biological category. 80% of the genetic variation found among "racial groups" is also found within those "racial groups." So unless we are talking about something like Sickle Cell Anemia, it doesn't make much sense to say one "race" beats another. Plus, IQ is a very complex issue. (There are problems with the very concept of IQ and the way we test for intelligence.) No serious modern anthropologist or geneticist, etc would make an argument ending in "therefore, some races are more intelligent than others." It is much more nuanced than that. Have you heard of The Bell Curve (1994) and the many responses to it?

This thread has been viewed 127749 times.

Back