With what ancient ethnicity do you most identify, and what has DNA told you ?

I identify with Tartessos. The Phoenicians and the Celts had much to do in Tartessos and those are my two genetic lineages.

I identify with Tartessos. The Phoenicians and the Celts had much to do in Tartessos and those are my two genetic lineages.

Frankly, in my opinion (you may have noticed that from the other thread) I don't think that there were any Celts in Tartessos. At least not by the time that Tartessos flourished and the Tartessian inscriptions of the Algarve were written.

In my opinion, Tartessos was either Iberian-speaking (which means the inscriptions of the Algarve were not actually made by the Tartessians), or it spoke an other, non-Indo-European language (the language from the "Tartessian" inscriptions). Either way, the descendants of the Tartessians were celticized only centuries later.

You, wrong, I'm telling you, I'm Tartesso, time and research will give me the reason, besides all the great hitori of all time, I'm Tartesso, I notice it, sorry, at some point in my history lineage belonged to the realm of Tartessos.

Hi, this is my first post and I couldn't find any thread to introduce myself. I was born and live in Rio, Brazil and have roots in Northern Italy (Trento, Verona, Belluno, Vicenza, Pistoia, Como, Pordenone), in Germany (Niedersachsen, former Kingdom of Hannover; Rheinland-Pfalz, former Rheinhesse in the Grand-Duchy of Hesse-Darmstadt; Württemberg), in France (Nevers, Burgundy), in Portugal (Bragança, Braga, Viseu, Coimbra, Lisboa, Minho, Algarve) and in native americans (Guarani, Kaingang and Xokleng people from South Brazil) and afro-brazilians. A melting pot of races...:)

Sometime ago I did my Y-DNA test and discovered I am a R-U106. The most ancient ancestor in male line I know was Simone Zeni, born c. 1794 in Brentonico, Trento. Anyway, notices from Brentonico say that Zeni family came from Verona in 17th century, and this surname is due to devotion to Saint Zeno, a bishop of Verona in 7th century.

Answering to the thread question, well I most identify to celts and my DNA is confused about it :) It seems to me there is a doubt about R-U106; I still don't know if they are mostly like to be rhaetians, celts or a kind of viking's ancestor who stopped in the Alps. Any help would be appreciated.

Anyway, I have surely autossomal celtic gens... Northern Portugal is almost exclusively of celt origin, as well as South Germany. As I already told you, I am a melting pot...vikings, celts, visigoths and etruscans are surely in my ancestry.

Anyway, I have surely autossomal celtic gens... Northern Portugal is almost exclusively of celt origin, as well as South Germany. As I already told you, I am a melting pot...vikings, celts, visigoths and etruscans are surely in my ancestry.

20070718klpprcryc_7.Ees.SCO.png

As you can see from this map, not just the north of Portugal can be accused of being a Celtic.

celtas%20de%20Iberia.gif

Red Celts who specifically cited the ancients.

Both maps ignore the existence of Lusitanian as a separate (non-Celtic but nonetheless Indo-European) language. Also, the maps (especially the second one) is somewhat anachronistic.

Also, the Celtici aren't ancient. They probably arrive in Baetica only after approximately the 4th century BC.

^

Others say the V BC, others speak of proto-Celtic presence, there is no uniformity on the subject.

Not planning to feed the troll, but I've never said only Northern Portugal had celtic people. I just said it is undeniable it was home of celtic tribes, as well as Galiza. Period.

Not planning to feed the troll, but I've never said only Northern Portugal had celtic people. I just said it is undeniable it was home of celtic tribes, as well as Galiza. Period.

I note that in nothing is look at the maps and ignores the information of the ancients.
The Celts were everywhere.

Hi everyone, Iv been reading comments on this board for a while now and think its a great place to gain knowledge of our ancestors , I'm from England , Nottingham ( yes yes Robin hood county i know lol). I'm looking forward to discussing many topics , I'm very fond of history and science and astronomy . There may be a formal introduction thread , but I'm to eager to start posting.

I would say i identify myself as being Anglo Saxon , But i know from my grandmothers side of the family were from wales, So my family might have Celtic blood as well . I'm dieing to get a DNA test done but its very costly, But I'm willing to get it done in the near future.

I would defiantly identify myself as being Saxon , And i think England as got a connection with scandinavia and north Germany , Because of the viking invasions and the Norman conquest. I say north Germany because that's where the Angles were from .

^^

Do not forget to Spain, the motherland, we can touch, do not bite. Why everyone wants to be Viking?, Hollywood is to blame.

"Robbin Hodd?, You'll see that you will have success, especially Spanish sewn questions you have seen a lot of films, you really have to acknowledge that England has sold very well their cartoons, all over the world there are stories, but support that has given the American cinema is unparalleled, Robin dozens of films for example, that everybody knows, any Spanish better than his own, perhaps more spectacular, there's nothing like the marketing.

------------0-------------

You know exactly how many Robin Hood films were made before yours, in addition to the popular versions of Kevin Costner and Errol Flynn?

More than fifty, for sure. In total I think there were 70 productions

http://digitalgroup.info/wordpress/?p=11180

Hi there carlitos , I don't want to be Viking , The English are mostly made up of Anglo Saxon, and Viking in the north of England , I can't deny who my ancestors are . Robin the hood was a real man , There's caves in Nottingham That's been tunneled , That's were he and his merry men used to hide out . I know what your trying to say tho about Hollywood .

Hollywood exaggerate , its what they do.

Your right about England selling there stories , Its purely because the language as got a massive vocabulary, That's the beauty of the English language , god bless those Anglo Saxons .

Do you not like American cinema ?

Carlito , Spain is a beautiful country with beautiful people , Iv been to Gran canaries 3 times and Costa Del sol once , I went sea fishing in Costa Del sol , The dolphins were following our boat we hired out , And scaring all our fish away , That's why i didn't catch anything lol.

Last edited:
I stand behind my last post in this thread. Welcome to the forum, Norþman.

What horror I have to see the comments quoted lynx, I told him idolatry you can not stand the idolaters who surrender to cultural imposition USA brand and the film is its largest advertising medium in which the English very well go out standing, the Vikings also the rest appear impersonal, immoral, insensitive, carrying all the more undesirable topics of this world, no friend, things are not so.

I have nothing against Robin, but as Robin in all countries have dozens, I'd like to meet other comics from other countries in Europe and the world through American movies, because when they want to make movies as anyone, but most films Robin please do not!, are already 70 films, there are wonderful stories all over the world, sorry, but the stories have exploded both based in England which tires and the same subject, even in historical times where we were the Spanish players, for saying them Thus, in Hollywood manages to make the English players, that's called cultural fascism and if added British films Hollywood makes movies that British subjects do the English course is an indigestion.

This thread has been viewed 294055 times.

Back