With what ancient ethnicity do you most identify, and what has DNA told you ?

I already posted my results
like this ,
West Eurasian 100%South European 60%Balkan 31%
South/Central European 29%
North Slavic 31%
Ashkenazi 8.6%

Balkan
Includes: Albanian in Albania; Bulgarian in Bulgaria and Greek in (2 sites) Greece
Does not include: Egyptian in (2 sites) Egypt; Belarusian in Belarus; Italian/EastSicilian, Italian/Bergamo and Toscani in (Bergamo and 2 other sites) Italy; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Turkish in (Aydin, Balikesir and Istanbul) Turkey; Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)South/Central European
Includes: Italian/Bergamo, Italian/Tuscan and Toscani in (Bergamo, Tuscany and 1 other site) Italy
Does not include: Albanian in Albania; Basque/French in France; Italian/EastSicilian, Italian/WestSicilian and Sardinian in (Sardinia and 2 other sites) Italy and Lithuanian in LithuaniaNorth Slavic
Includes: Belarusian in Belarus; Estonian in Estonia; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Mordovian and Russian in Russia and Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine
Does not include: Altaian, Kalmyk, Nganasan and Adygei in (Caucasus and 3 other sites) Russia; Turkmen in Uzbekistan; Albanian in Albania; Bulgarian in Bulgaria; Italian/Bergamo in (Bergamo) Italy; Norwegian in Norway; Ashkenazi Jew in Poland; Turkish in (Istanbul) Turkey; Finnish in Finland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)Ashkenazi
Includes: Ashkenazi Jew in Poland and Ashkenazi Jew from East Europe especially Lithuania (expat in Baltimore MD)
Does not include: Albanian in Albania; Belarusian in Belarus; Bulgarian in Bulgaria; Estonian in Estonia; Greek in Greece; Lithuanian in Lithuania; Ukrainian in (East) Ukraine and Finnish in Finland
That is not Y-DNA. If you have tested your paternal line show us your STRs or at least the subclade.

No like for money no, i go with 2 predictors morley and genes. live one saying r1b > P312/S116
one saying most likely R1b-L151 ...

If Thomas Jefferson and Marie Antoinette had a Baby, it would have been me! LOL

... What a contender I would’ve made ...

As long as I went to live with my Father, ‘cause Mom was allergic to the Guillotine :petrified:

They were contemporary, and they're the references for my Haplogroups.

My Ancestral Parents
(right after they moved to Apulia)

MKVNOzU.png
NREmT11.jpg

... and Ancestral Me :)
Is0Gf46.jpg

I would say 'Anglo Saxon', English.

Ive tested with two companies Living DNA and 23 & Me, both confirm 100% European.

Living DNA results have me at 100% British & Irish, with breakdown majority, English, 54.3% Northumbrian, 29,7% South East England, and 3.2% Cornwall, thats 87.2% ( Anglo Saxon ). I have another 4.4% Orkney Isle, which could represent a Norse Viking element of Anglo -Saxon, making 91.6%, and the rest 8.3% is Unassigned ( Britain and Ireland unassigned ). These figures are from LivingDNA, so Im not sure where the other 1% went..lol

23 & Me, has my results, as 98.3% North West European, 80.7%, British & Irish, ( these figures are not too far away from the English from LivingDNA, above, and I think,' British & Irish/North West European', will probably represent my' English' ). 14.4% Broadly North West European, with the rest spread out throughout Europe, French and German 2.0%, ( recently re-assigned from Netherlands ) Southern Europe 1.2%, (Broadly Southern Europe 1%, Spanish & Portugese 0.02%), The remainder , Scandanavian 0.8%, and Finnish 0.3%.
23 & Me also indicate 100% recent ancestors from each of these countrys and Scandinavia from 1690-1930. I think the Spanish and Portugese is just noise as its tiny 0.02%.

I associate our family with English, our History has always been English, and we have legitimate family lineages back through my mothers family to the eight century kings of Wessex, notebly King Ecgberht, who is the earliest any English line can be proven to.

I have though a very rare Y Haplogroup, that seems very rare and out of place in England, so it will be intresting to finally find out about its History.

Last edited:
VISIGOTH! My y-haplogroup is R1a, which is found in Scandinavia, as is my mtdna haplogroup, J1c2b, which has many samples from Denmark. Also mytrueancestry.com has Visigoth as one of the groups I am genetically most like.

English, Scottish, and Irish

Greeks and Celts.

Although 23andMe shows very little ancestry correlating to my Sephardi side (not the case with Myheritage), I dont get anything on MyTrueAncestry regarding Hebrew or Semetic populations.

As far as the Celtic goes, same story with MyTrueAncestry, and 23andMe comes out to mostly Broad NWE.

Being I am U152, I was surprised I did not get much Gaul-Roman.

Citizens of this planet

Disclaimer: Its ok to identify with any ancient civilization! Its just that in my case, my mixed ancestry makes it difficult to choose a civilization to feel part of.

Last edited:
Citizens of this planet

Disclaimer: Its ok to identify with any ancient civilization! Its just that in my case, my mixed ancestry makes it difficult to choose a civilization to feel part of.

"citizen of this planet” doesn't count.
Come On, pick one :grin:

I score so much Roman , even in time about "Slavs arriving" Myth 4-7 century i have so much roman
https://m.imgur.com/a/8bRa83I
My ancestral timeline from 400AD to 750AD

Its not a myth as far as we know. Also, your DNA changes each generation through intermarriage. Just because you have a lot of Roman admixture doesn’t mean Slavs didn’t come to the Balkans. All it means is the Slavic ancestry was weeded out through the collection of native ancestry by proxy.

on average Macedonians and Bulgarians have more native admixture than other South Slavs and are about 50-60 percent native like and 40-50 percent Slavic like. They still have less than Albanians and Greeks. They’re more an intermediate between north and south.

Its not a myth as far as we know. Also, your DNA changes each generation through intermarriage. Just because you have a lot of Roman admixture doesn’t mean Slavs didn’t come to the Balkans. All it means is the Slavic ancestry was weeded out through the collection of native ancestry by proxy.

on average Macedonians and Bulgarians have more native admixture than other South Slavs and are about 50-60 percent native like and 40-50 percent Slavic like. They still have less than Albanians and Greeks. They’re more an intermediate between north and south.

Im saying myth , because all of that is 20th century propaganda, also word Slav or Slavic is very wrong understood , Its not like slavic people like you understood (Russians,Ukrainians) its like "First who glorify God", SLAVA(Glory).U r albanian u haven't read the bible , but Apostoles first came to Macedonia to spread Christianity, you can read it (so FIRST WHO GLORIFY GOD).
Also oldest R1a ancient sample is from Balkan 12,000 BC old not from Eastern Europe , you can read it also if you cant find i will post you,this terminology known like Slavs came in 4-7th century, first Apostoles who came in Macedonia to spread Christianity came in 4th century...So basically Slavic terminology came from Macedonia or simply said Slavs came from Macedonia...This slavic migrations spread from Balkan not from Eastern Europe...
Here is one old book from 1871 year, i bet you know Serbo-Croatian

geografija1871.jpg

If you need translation i will translate you.
Im not convince you in anything , this is just discussion i want you to recieve true informations , not this nowdays internet propaganda...

Also this is my Ancestral Timeline from antique ( BC ).
hi.jpg

I can't believe people take that bogus site literally .....

If you lower the thresholds so much (like they do) you end up having that ancient Illyrian skeleton, on your timeline, as your second cousin, based on the cM lengths they give you .....

on every threshold i match two 1600 1200 illyrian,Thracian and Seleucid...Idk about you.
and in my Ancient samples distance is not big 14-16 ....

First Aryans and R1a1heheh123445.jpg

This thread has been viewed 294801 times.

Back