With what ancient ethnicity do you most identify, and what has DNA told you ?

My mind is totally blown. Which paper was this? I've never seen a Greek plot near a Latvian on a pca.

There are differences in Europe but relatively speaking those differences are small.

So you just developed a new definition of racsim.
Your judging by race is not racism, but mine by provenance is.
Interesting twisting of concepts. Results have to be devastating.

Interesting also here is, that people can write Byzantine or
Roman, (what is actualy a false at present day) but saying
IE is a racism (even if is true)... really interesting, leftic mind
will probably never stop to surprized me...

Yeah, I'm with Angela on that. We are all a mix of ancient civilizations that settled in our ancestrial country; in my case the Anglo-Saxons, Celts and to a lower extent Normans and Vikings settled in England.
If you want to find out how much WHG, Neolithic Farmer or Indo-European you have, I suggest you go to gedmatch. In the link below, there are genetic maps made by Maciamo that depict these gedmatch components that will take you back to at least the Bronze Age. ;)

http://www.eupedia.com/europe/autosomal_maps_dodecad.shtml

There are differences in Europe but relatively speaking those differences are small.

Western europeans are far off from Slavs. Most R1B are similar with eachother with minor differences, why you keep posting Slavs interbred with your kind, astonishing claims with no factual evidence.

Western europeans are far off from Slavs. Most R1B are similar with eachother with minor differences, why you keep posting Slavs interbred with your kind, astonishing claims with no factual evidence.

Slavs are pretty dang similar to Western Europeans. Of course you guys are still distinct. But by most measures the difference between Slavs and Western Europeans is pretty small.

And some Slavs do carry R1b L151. Clearly you guys do have some ancestry from the same ancient R1b L151 groups.

Slavs are pretty dang similar to Western Europeans. Of course you guys are still distinct. But by most measures the difference between Slavs and Western Europeans is pretty small.

And some Slavs do carry R1b L151. Clearly you guys do have some ancestry from the same ancient R1b L151 groups.

Those R1B you speak of are german and baltic shifted, barely slavs. Maybe Sorbs, Wends or Prussians is your alleged link to East Europe lol. Mixed race is what they are. Real slavs belong to I2A-DIN or R1A and my ancestors not mixing with R1B as this group was ravaged to the west and not present in Slavic lands.

Those R1B you speak of are german and baltic shifted, barely slavs. Maybe Sorbs, Wends or Prussians is your alleged link to East Europe lol. Mixed race is what they are. Real slavs belong to I2A-DIN or R1A and my ancestors not mixing with R1B as this group was ravaged to the west and not present in Slavic lands.

I agree Slavs are primary R1a and I2a-Din and that most R1b L151 in Slavs is from German, maybe Celtic admixture. But some of the ancestors who gave Slavs R1b L151 couldn't have been German or Celtic speaking. Some of them were Eastern European Bell Beaker folk who got absorbed by R1a rich groups. And the R1b Z2103 in Eastern Europe probably derives from western Yamnaya settlememts. R1b Z2103 has been found in Yamnaya settlements in Croatia. I bet some proto Slavs had R1b L151.

No offense, but I don't see how there's a slight difference between a Lithuanian and a Spanish person.
Could you provide something that says so?

No offense, but I don't see how there's a slight difference between a Lithuanian and a Spanish person.
Could you provide something that says so?

Relatively speaking the differences are small. Compared to a Korean, a Lithuanian and Spaniard are very similar. Compared to a Spaniard, a Belorussian and Lithuanian are very similar. It's all relative.

I've noticed that Rethel is an obvious ***** who says contrarian things simple to get a response.

I've noticed that Rethel is an obvious ***** who says contrarian things simple to get a response.
How dare you say things like this about our "genius" here. ;)

I identify with the Sea Peoples.

100 percent WHG+SHG+EHG+CHG+
Natufian-HG+Australian HG+African HG+ Native American HG

^these are my peeps

I want to learn the story about that.

Haha there isn't much to it really, but hey, pick your superstition and enjoy yourself :grin:

A long time ago, 3200 years to be exact, a group of sea peoples settled in southern Palestine, where they fought and subdued a local Semitic tribe called Jokshan. Then the leader of the sea peoples married the daughter of the Jokshanite chieftain, and succeeded him as King of Jokshan ..... His Semitic subjects called him Malik of Jokshan, while the sea peoples that came with him called him the Qayl of Jokshan.

The new Jokshanites (aka proto-Old South Arabians) were then lured by a rumor of a rich country in the South, the source of all this frankincense and myrrh, so they decided to invade it ....

Equipped with the stronger metal Iron, they crossed the Arabian peninsula from their home in the Levant by way of the Red Sea, what a glorious sight it must have been, how they rode their chariots in the sand (cause why not, of course I'll give them chariots :))

When they reached Yemen they conquered and subdued the local population and installed themselves as lords and qayls of Yemen ...

https://www.familytreedna.com/public/Murad?iframe=yresults
https://www.familytreedna.com/groups/r-1b-basal-subclades/about/background

based on a true story ...

I've always identified with the Germanic tribes (in broad terms). As for my dna, gedmatch shows 48% of it being North Atlanic, 26% being Baltic, 13% Western Mediterranean, 6.5% West Asian, and a smattering of 1-percents of East Med., Red Sea, and Siberian. The oracle shows I'm closest to the Dutch, Danes, and Southeastern English, which makes perfect sense.

I would have just posted an image, but it wouldn't let me

I've always identified with the Germanic tribes (in broad terms). As for my dna, gedmatch shows 48% of it being North Atlanic, 26% being Baltic, 13% Western Mediterranean, 6.5% West Asian, and a smattering of 1-percents of East Med., Red Sea, and Siberian. The oracle shows I'm closest to the Dutch, Danes, and Southeastern English, which makes perfect sense.

I would have just posted an image, but it wouldn't let me

You should use a site like imgur to embed the image into the post.

I used to identify with being Scottish and Irish, but I also really identified with my French ancestry as my great grandfather was from

I used to identify with being Scottish and Irish, but I also really identified with my French ancestry as my great grandfather was from
Sorry again I can't see an edit button. Well my great grandpa was from St.Pierre, a French Island off of Newfoundland, I had a French surname and was born in Montreal. I just felt connected to it, most of the tests have not shown me to be not very French but primarily British and Scottish and Irish. I feel more connected to my Irish and Scottish now.

You should use a site like imgur to embed the image into the post.

Thanks, I didn't notice the insert option. I'll keep that in mind in the future.

Both haplogroups lines tell me to identify with the first Neolithic farmers. Autosomal DNA... this is a more complicated thing and it puts me now first in the Balkans. Anyway, back in time, we're all over the same ethnic group. "Stardust"! (y)

This thread has been viewed 296455 times.

Back