Genetic of Piedmont and Lombardy

have some docs about that but of diverse origins and compilations (not 100% reliable I am afraid of):
concerning Y-R1b it seams that the heavier concentration [more than 55%) would be in Lombardia, Emilia-Romagna, North Piemonte, Trentino, extreme W-Veneto - [45%-55%]: Central Piemonte, extreme S-W Lombardia, Friul, C-Veneto, E-Emilia-Toscana, Marche - [35%-45%]: S-Toscana-N-Lazzio- >< [25-35%]: remnant = Southern Italia, extreme N-Sardigna + W-Liguria, at the exception of: the bulk of Sardigna, Sicila, coastal central Campania (Napoli) where Y-R1b would be under 25% - as a whole, for R1b, N-W Italia and N-E Italia are not so typical as C-N Italia (Lombardia-Emilia, where the Celts was sthe strongest)- a survey (limited sample) showed 73% of Y-P*-R1a in N-Lmbardia, 76% of Y-P*-R1a in Abbruzzi, between N-Toscana and Emilia - sure P*-R1a contains other HGs than R1b but it is evident that R1b is by far the strongest componant of it - Even if not totally reliable, these %s seams making sense - for N-Sardigna, we know that Corsica is rich enough for Y-R1b (about 60%) -
but all these %s are confusing in the way that the quality of Y-R1b is not the same at all: more eastern upstream SNPs in Southern italia (linked to HT15) and more atlantic or western downstream SNPs in Northern Italia (akin to HT35) - I suppose that, even if come through South, R1b forms of N-Italia knew a completley different story as opposed to the southern ones -

Y-R1a seams almost absent from N-W Italia (0% in a survey about Liguria), present in Trentino (7%) and strong enough in Eastern-Veneto-Friul (9%: C-Veneti?) - for Piemonte and Lombardia proper I have no source -
I have nothing else about N-Italia and I regret it -
it would be an error considering that Piemonte should be half way between Liguria and Lombardia: I suppose Piemonte is closer to Lombarida even if surely Y-RU106 is rarer in Piemonte, the same as Y-I1, being these markers germanic markers as a whole - Liguria is a very coastal area, and Genova in the Middle Ages was a mighty maritime kingdom with far relations and exchanges -
sorry for this poor contribution, but Italy lacks the great surveys made for Iberia

You mean Garfagnana with 76pc R1b.

Abruzzi is much further south and has barely half of this level of that haplogroup.

This thread has been viewed 21300 times.

Back