Origin of G2a

Are you listed in the FTDNA G project ? Yes I am.
My Antic Tribe is Celtic or Viking. (iGENEA)
If you are G2a3b1 L140 + DYS 388 =13 your antic tribe is not Celtic or Germanic nor Viking but Indo Iranian
with 2 possibilities :

1) Indo European migration from Caucasus to the West 4000 years ago
2) recent migration 2000 years ago

The only thing we can to observe is G2a3b1 is found mostly among the Germans this is why iGENEA say "Germanic"
so Germanic people were effectively from different origin and haplogroups particularly on Central Europe and for instance on Austria to the North of Germany there are some E and etc ... iGenea look at the distribution on each countries so the most influential haplogroup is R1b1b2 .

Last edited:
how else could tiny ancient Macedonia spread so fast so far away?

Where should I start. Maybe the same way Attila the Hun destroyed Roman Empire and ruled half of Europe?
Or did you hear about small corporal from Corsica. :) Almost nobody that conquered half of Europe.
Hittites showed up from nowhere and destroyed the Great Kings with their Great Kingdoms.
And even though the Alexander could have been related to other Indo-Iranians, they wouldn't necessarily let him have it. It's all about the money, taxes, and pride too. Every country is rich in history of bloody domestic wars for power, domination, ideas, etc, and in most of them spoke the same language.

This thread has been viewed 28101 times.

Back