Y dna haplogroup T

It seems to be present in Italy mostly where Phoenicians settled. For example, many T samples are from Palermo (ancient Phoenician "Ziz", was passed on to succeeding Carthaginians). Mazara del vallo (anciently Phoenician city of Mazar) ,there was also much Phoenician presence near Sciacca.

The chart is from 2010 to May 2013, it a combination of older name markers and new ones, so here is a summary of the markers.

All T1a1* + T2 = modern T1a1a ( ie P77 branch)

All T1a2 + T1b = modern T1a2a ( ie L131 branch )

All T1a3 = the new find from May 2013

All T1a* = mix of the top 2 branches

I agree with you on the Phoenicians

Last edited:
Jefferson was T1a.

using y-predictor, below is Thomas Jefferson

N Haplogroup Probability
1 T1a*-L162(xP77) 94%

T Migrational map and theory by project managers a year ago

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

from interpretome,

my results from this company, ...black square is me

accurate from what I know ( above)

and

I don't know why I am in with swedes and finns

What is weird is that 3.8 out of 10 Kazakhs from the Altai region have hg T. And 10% of Tuvinians from Kyzl near Northern Mongolia have T as well.

It's interesting to note some of the youngest branches of T are found in Gaziantep, Adana, Diyarbakir, Harran, Latakia on the Turko-Syrian border.

It can also be found in areas of a turkey such as Antalya, Van in the Kurdish eastern regions, Sivas etc.

antalya has 13.3% since tested in 2012 and not the 3.3% as previously noted.

why the russians believe T-M184 is origin of babylonian and that T-M70 is central asian.

KazakhsKazakh (Turkic)Kosh-Agachski Raion19/4938.8%[7]K(xL, NOP). According to Dulik 2011 only T fit.
TuviniansTuvan (Turkic)Kyzyl and Ubsunur Hollow10/1029.8%[8]

Haplogroup T-M184 is not associated with the R1, G and J lineages that entered Africa from Eurasia relatively recently. Luis et al. (2004) suggest that the presence of the clade on the African continent may, like R1* representatives, point to an older introduction from Asia. The Levant rather than the Arabian Peninsula appears to have been the main route of entry, as the Egyptian and Turkish haplotypes are considerably older in age (13,700 ybp and 9,000 ybp, respectively) than those found in Oman (only 1,600 ybp).

The distribution of haplogroup T-M184 in most parts of Europe is patchy or regionalized; for example, haplogroup T-M184 was found in 1.7% (10/591) of a pool of six samples of males from southwestern Russia, but it was completely absent from a pool of eight samples totalling 637 individuals from the northern half of European Russia.[6] The Russians from the southwest were from the following cities: Roslavl, Livny, Pristen, Repyevka, and Belgorod; and Kuban Cossacks from the Republic of Adygea.

Ok so ....I don't get it; is it the Babylonian ones or the central asian guys?

Or did it simultaneously spring up among Babylonians in particular and central Asians as well?

So please explain to me how it happened geographically.

Ok so ....I don't get it; is it the Babylonian ones or the central asian guys?

M184 the base ( fountation) of T formed with the Babylonians/Mesopotamians in the Tigris valley as per ancestry, nat geo and others companies stated, the M70 line formed in the pamir mountain areas, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan areas .
so, everyone states T is west-asian ( justified IMO ) because of the babylonian area and its founder M184, but russians state its central-asian because M70 ( which is 90% of all T ) was created east of the caspian sea.

Antalya is 13.3% T1 haplogroup . the ancient people there where called the Lycians . Under the leadership of Sarpedon they travelled to support the trojans in their wars agaunst the myceneans.
- Hittites could never conquer their lands
- They where renowned as being great sailors and pirates.
- Ancient tales state they originated from Crete and where originally a branch of the minoans.

So every man with T-M70 has an ancestor that traveled out further than the caspiann which makes sense, because L is found at 10-15% across Pakistan, southern India, and Tajikistan has like 10%, Iran like 5% and T neighboured L but slightly more to the west of Pakistan, towards neighbouring countries to the west.

Did the men of T belong to Bactria–Margiana Archaeological Complex? Consistently I am told that T is linked to Uzbeks, tajiks (iranic group), It has been found in 2/4 samples of Dari speaking Tajik's in Afghanistan's Logar province.

Dari (Persian: دری‎ [dæˈɾiː]) or Dari Persian (Persian: فارسی دری‎ [fɒːɾsije dæˈɾiː]) is a name given to the New Persian language at a very early date and widely attested in Arabic and Persian texts since the 10th century.[5] Farsi-Dari, can be classified linguistically as a continuation of Middle Persian, the official religious and literary language of Sassanian Iran, itself a continuation of Old Persian, the language of the Achaemenids.[6][7] In Afghanistan, Dari refers to a modern dialect form of Persian that is the standard language used in administration, government, radio, television, and print media in Afghanistan, as well as in parts of Iran and Tajikistan (where the Cyrillic script is used in place of Perso-Arabic). Because of preponderance of Dari native speakers, who normally refer to the language as Farsi, it is also known as Afghan Persian in some Western sources.[8][9] Dari is the term officially recognized and promoted in 1964 by the Afghan government for the Persian language.[10] As defined in the Constitution of Afghanistan, it is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan; the other is Pashto.[11] Dari is the most widely spoken language in Afghanistan and the native language of approximately 50%[8][12][13][14] of the population, serving as the country's lingua franca.[15] The Iranian and Afghan types of Persian are highly mutually intelligible, with differences found primarily in the vocabulary and phonology. In historical usage, Dari refers to the Middle Persian court language of the Sassanids.[16]
Dari, spoken in Afghanistan, should not be confused with Dari or Gabri of Iran, a language of the Central Iranian sub-group, spoken in some Zoroastrian communities.[17][18]. Dari is spoken in parts of Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan; could these people be linked to T? What studies are there on T in those mentioned regions?

Did the men of T belong to Bactria–Margiana Archaeological Complex? Consistently I am told that T is linked to Uzbeks, tajiks (iranic group), It has been found in 2/4 samples of Dari speaking Tajik's in Afghanistan's Logar province.

Dari (Persian: دری‎ [dæˈɾiː]) or Dari Persian (Persian: فارسی دری‎ [fɒːɾsije dæˈɾiː]) is a name given to the New Persian language at a very early date and widely attested in Arabic and Persian texts since the 10th century.[5] Farsi-Dari, can be classified linguistically as a continuation of Middle Persian, the official religious and literary language of Sassanian Iran, itself a continuation of Old Persian, the language of the Achaemenids.[6][7] In Afghanistan, Dari refers to a modern dialect form of Persian that is the standard language used in administration, government, radio, television, and print media in Afghanistan, as well as in parts of Iran and Tajikistan (where the Cyrillic script is used in place of Perso-Arabic). Because of preponderance of Dari native speakers, who normally refer to the language as Farsi, it is also known as Afghan Persian in some Western sources.[8][9] Dari is the term officially recognized and promoted in 1964 by the Afghan government for the Persian language.[10] As defined in the Constitution of Afghanistan, it is one of the two official languages of Afghanistan; the other is Pashto.[11] Dari is the most widely spoken language in Afghanistan and the native language of approximately 50%[8][12][13][14] of the population, serving as the country's lingua franca.[15] The Iranian and Afghan types of Persian are highly mutually intelligible, with differences found primarily in the vocabulary and phonology. In historical usage, Dari refers to the Middle Persian court language of the Sassanids.[16]
Dari, spoken in Afghanistan, should not be confused with Dari or Gabri of Iran, a language of the Central Iranian sub-group, spoken in some Zoroastrian communities.[17][18]. Dari is spoken in parts of Iran, Afghanistan and Tajikistan; could these people be linked to T? What studies are there on T in those mentioned regions?

yes on the areas you mentioned. basically from east of the caspian sea to the aral sea.

aral sea, at end of bronze-age it was 260metres deep, today its about 3 metres deep maximum.

T L445, L452, L455/PF5670, L810, M184/Page34/USP9Y+3178, M272/PF5667, Page129
T* -
T1 L206, L490, M193
• • T1* -
• • T1a M70/Page46/PF5662, Page78
• • • T1a* -
• • • T1a1 L162/Page21, L299/PF5675, L453/PF5617, L454
• • • • T1a1* -
• • • • T1a1a L208/Page2, L905
• • • • • T1a1a* -
• • • • • T1a1a1 Z709
• • • • • • T1a1a1* -
• • • • • • T1a1a1a P77
• • • • • T1a1a2 P321
• • • • • • T1a1a2* -
• • • • • • T1a1a2a P317
• • • T1a2 L131
• • • • T1a2* -
• • • • T1a2a P322, P328
• • • • T1a2b L446
• • • T1a3 L1255

August branches of T

latest is that
T1a1a2 P321
• • • • • • T1a1a2* -
• • • • • • T1a1a2a P317
from above will be renamed T1a4 branch

So T1a is in fact M70, where are the basal T branches most common?

new SNP's for T

• CTS6507, CTS9882 are located downstream of P77. Listed 5 December 2013.
  • CTS2157, CTS11796, CTS12108 are possibly equivalent to L446. Listed 5 December 2013.

T1a1 clusters along an east-west axis from Iran to Spain. T1a2 is found both in northern Europe and southern Africa but is rarer in the eastern and western edges of T's distribution zone. To date, T1a3 has only been found in Kuwait.

discrepencies found in Nat Geo for T
L206 and M193 are at the haplogroup T level according ISOGG_YDNATreeTrunk.html and ISOGG_HapgrpK.html, and at the T1 level according to ISOGG_HapgrpT.html. (Only 2 of 11 haplogroup T Geno kits have been scored L206+ and 1 of 11 scored M193+.)

I have M193+ and L206- ....both are on same branch ..........so I think it means little

This thread has been viewed 306286 times.

Back