Y dna haplogroup T

What about T-PF7443; there are two of us on genographic project, me and some German fellow, my last genographic PowerPoint slide is T-M70+ followed by L299+.

@adamo

you have as you say I2a

well by greatgrandmothers father on my paternal side, came from capodistria ( istria ) and is I2c marker, arriving in Veneto under the early austrian rule of 1820

EDIT - I think the austrians where setting up a slavic buffer lands there which became known as the Austrian Littoral - so they where moving people out of these "slovene/croat" areas before they put more slavs there

Wow dude....we have virtually the same genetic makeup

Wow dude....we have virtually the same genetic makeup

I doubt it, your line seem to arrive in Italy by sea, my line as I gathered from various scholars I spoken and wrote to, came into Italy by Germanic/italic/tyrolese alpine area previous to this via bulgaria/romania pontid area, previous to this azeri/south caucasus ( with a small north caucasus chance......balkar people) and earlier still to bactrian/sogdian lands

Azeri/south caucasus would be middle bronze-age

Thats basically what I was told, of course there is some minor flexibility in this

So I guess there's more chances my line is Phoenician right?

So I guess there's more chances my line is Phoenician right?

yes or lived with them and then sailed with them

The big Sile was a sailor

The only man I know that is T-M272* at its most basal is an Avar man (avar live just north of Azerbaijan) who now lives in turkey. These people are originally said to have migrated from the Khorasan region of Iran towards the northeastern Caucasus (Dagestan region more or less).

Sile, what is T-pages00002?

T-CTS6901; which form of t is that?

FYI- I belong to the J2 haplogroup but came to this thread due to interest about the Y-haplogroup on my maternal side. My cousin (mother's brother's son) recently received his Genographic Project 2.0 results and he belongs to the T-Z710 lineage (M70, L299). Both of my grandfathers' backgrounds are Ashkenazi Polish Jewish. My cousin has olive skin with dark hair and eyes, while his brother is fair with blond hair and green eyes. I hope this helps.

I'm italian from campania province southern Italy. I also have haplogroup t (M70) lineage and my sub-group is L299. Those are the paternal haplogroup results I received from the genographic project 2.0. I'm one of those Italians that has jet black hair and olive skin so naturally I always suspected I had some form of Assyrian or Mesopotamian influence in my blood. I was surprised that I don't harbour the J-M172 lineage (haplogroup j2) as this is the typical northern middle-eastern Fertile Crescent haplogroup,( it is also found in 20-25% of italian men.) instead, belonging to hg T this is MUCH rarer ( 4% of Italians). Information on our haplogroup is as scarce as the lineage itself but according to information given to me upon having received my results, haplogroup T is found in 20% of Jordanian men, up to 16% of Egyptian men in certain regions, 5 to 17% of Sicilian males, 13% of Iraqi men, and it is quite prevalent in Mizrahim Jews ( middle eastern Jews) such as Iraqi Jews (18%) iranian Jews (14%) and Kurdish Jews (22%) It is also found in 10 to 13% of Assyrian males near Anatolia. In Europe, it is found in a few isolated hotspots: the Balearic islands off the coast of Spain (16%) , Italy (4%) Sicily (5-17%) and small isolated regions of Germany (3-24%). Surprisingly, Somalia and Ethiopia both have about 14% haplogroup T but I can confirm from my own Assyrian/ Mesopotamian looks that it did not originate there; it must have arrived there from the Middle East. There are also a few tiny hotspots in India belonging to Bauris and Gond Indians but there too the haplogroup T arrived from a different source location, the Middle East. What is so confusing about this lineage is its patchy distribution ad it's low percentages all across the map even in it's middle eastern hotspots of 10-15%. Thus it is difficult to discover EXACTLY where it first originated or whether it is a Jewish diaspora genetics or rare middle eastern blood. I have never seen a study say this but I can 100% confirm that JORDAN males have , on a national level, approximately 21% haplogroup T thanks to my genographic project 2.0 "results" presentation. Other people in the project that HAVE haplogroup T and that was placed very similar to me in the "Our Story" section was :
1.An italian man from Rofrano city, Salerno , campania , southern Italy
2. An Assyrian Iraqi man from Nineveh , Iraq 3. A Jew from Poland. 4. A man from Lucca, Italy. 5. Ashkenazi Jew from Germany/Austria. 6. A second polish Jew. 7. Man from Urmia , Iran ( according to personal family stories he may be a Kurdish Jew). 8. An American man who's ancestors came from England for as many generations as he can remember. 9. 10. Two men from Peru and El Salvador that believe they have Sephardic Jewish roots. 11. Me. 12. You. So there you have it, 12 individuals from various different ethnic origins that are haplogroup T (M70) positive

FYI- I belong to the J2 haplogroup but came to this thread due to interest about the Y-haplogroup on my maternal side. My cousin (mother's brother's son) recently received his Genographic Project 2.0 results and he belongs to the T-Z710 lineage (M70, L299). Both of my grandfathers' backgrounds are Ashkenazi Polish Jewish. My cousin has olive skin with dark hair and eyes, while his brother is fair with blond hair and green eyes. I hope this helps.
Welcome to Eupedia RZA79

There are Jewish clusters within the T network, that is correct. T is very rare in Ashkenazi Jews (making up significantly less than 5% of their lineages). It's interesting that you point out that you are y-DNA J, as it is the dominant haplogroup in the Middle East (Arabs,Semites,Turks etc.) It is a mutation shared with both Arabs and Jews (Semites). As for T, it is also present in Jewish and non-Jewish populations, and certainly originated long before the creation of the Jewish ethnos, somewhere on the Iranian peninsula. It is far more frequent in mizrahim Jews than in European ones. Welcome to the forum, RZA79! : )

Last edited:
J2 is another interesting haplogroup, I consider it to be the "Mesopotamian one" as it originated somewhere between southern turkey and northern Syria/Iraq. It is the dominant male lineage in the Fertile Crescent (northern Middle East). It is found in 35% of Lebanese, Cretans and Azeris, 30% of Syrians, Iraqis,Georgians,armenians,turks, Cypriots and at a similar frequency in southern Italians and Greeks. It is also found in 20% of Jews. Overall, the J marker represents about half of all Iraqi, Jordanian , Jewish, Lebanese and Syrian lineages, regardless of the subclade. You should be proud of having a subclade of this marker : )

So your a paternal J-L210 and your other grandfather is T-M70+, do you know what your maternal lineages are?

Interesting fact: Zoroastrian fire temples were built on the island of Zanzibar. The Zoroastrian religion originated in Iran.

Hi adamo, thanks for the warm welcome. My direct maternal lineage is M33, but not sure about my father's maternal side. Perhaps I can convince him to do Geno 2.0. My wife (Hungarian Ashkenazi) is H1b.

While membership in the J2 paternal haplogroup makes perfect sense to me, I was very surprised with my "Indian" M mtDNA....

Sile, what is T-pages00002?

just a different genetic tester person

all are below

AF = Fernando Mendez, Ph.D., University of Arizona, Tucson, Arizona
CTS = Chris Tyler-Smith, Ph.D., The Wellcome Trust Sanger Institute, Hinxton, England
DF = anonymous researcher using publicly available full-genome-sequence data, including 1000 Genomes Project data; named in honor of the DNA-Forums.org genetic genealogy community
F = Li Jin, Ph.D., Fudan University, Shanghai, China
FGC = Full Genomes Corp. of Virginia and Maryland
G = Verónica Gomes, IPATIMUP Instituto de Patologia e Imunologia Molecular da Universidade do Porto (Institute of Molecular Pathology and Immunology of the University of Porto)
IMS-JST = Institute of Medical Science-Japan Science and Technology Agency
KHS = Functional Genomics Research Center, Korea Research Institute of Bioscience and Biotechnology
KL = Key Laboratory of Contemporary Anthropology, School of Life Sciences and Institutes of Biomedical Sciences, Fudan University, Shanghai, China
L = Thomas Krahn, MSc (Dipl.-Ing.) of Family Tree DNA's Genomics Research Center; snps named in honor of the late Leo Little
M = Peter Underhill, Ph.D. of Stanford University
N = The Laboratory of Bioinformatics, Institute of Biophysics, Chinese Academy of Sciences, Beijing
NWT = Northwest Territory, Theodore G. Schurr, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
P = Michael Hammer, Ph.D. of University of Arizona
Page, PAGES or PS = David C. Page, Whitehead Institute for Biomedical Research
PF = Paolo Francalacci, Ph.D., Università di Sassari, Sassari, Italy
PK = Biomedical and Genetic Engineering Laboratories, Islamabad, Pakistan
PR = Primate (gorilla and chimpanzee), Thomas Krahn's WTTY
S = James F. Wilson, D.Phil. at Edinburgh University
SA = South America, Theodore G. Schurr, Ph.D., Laboratory of Molecular Anthropology, University of Pennsylvania, Philadelphia, PA
TSC = Gudmundur A. Thorisson and Lincoln D. Stein, The SNP Consortium, Cold Spring Harbor Laboratory, Cold Spring Harbor, NY
U = Lynn M. Sims, University of Central Florida; Dennis Garvey, Ph.D. Gonzaga University; and Jack Ballantyne, Ph.D., University of Central Florida
V = Rosaria Scozzari and Fulvio Cruciani, Dipartimento di Biologia e Biotecnologie “Charles Darwin” , Sapienza Università di Roma, Rome, Italy.
VL = Vladimir Volkov, Tomsk University, Russia
Y = Y Full Team using data from the 1000 Genomes Project
YSC = Thomas Krahn, MSc (Dipl.-Ing.) of Family Tree DNA's Genomics Research Center
Z = Gregory Magoon, Ph.D., Richard Rocca, Vince Tilroe, David F. Reynolds, Bonnie Schrack, Peter M. Op den Velde Boots, Ray H. Banks, Roman Sychev, Victar Mas, Steve Fix, Christian Rottensteiner, and an anonymous individual, independent researchers of publicly available whole genome sequence datasets, and Thomas Krahn, MSc (Dipl.-Ing.), with support from the genetic genealogy community.

Mtdna M is way "out there" for a middle easterner, but it just comes to solidify that you aren't European in terms of genetic composition.

This thread has been viewed 305040 times.

Back