Y dna haplogroup T

I counted only four T1a2 like us in the y T ancient list, some cool Romans, ... and even a Viking ... :)

9wXRSa8.jpg

You need to take care as some scientific papers call T1a2 ...as T1a1b...like below ( T1a1 is T1a1a in these papers ).....difference is either a or b

I3403 ( 147 ± 92 yBP )
Y-DNA: T1a1b1a1b-Y21207
mtDNA: X2d

This sample is your R39 as per above

another example below of a T1a2 noted as T1a1b

CL23 ( 1310 -1380 yBP )
Phase: I
Y-DNA: T1a1b1a1-CTS6071 (x Y21207, CTS7303)
mtDNA: H

this below is now noted as T1a2

[h=3]Tepe Hissar C ( 4100 yBP - Bronze Age ) Tepe Hissar Culture[/h]I2512 ( 4265 ± 25 yBP / 4846 yBP )

with this summary
While the original I haplogroups appear to go back to the Magis of Zarathustra and BMAC culture, the latter T1a2 haplogroup must hail back to the Median Magi from the West. T1a2 or (T L131) has been found as far East as the Volga-Ural region of Russia and Xinjiang in north-west China. T1a2 penetrated into the Pontic-Caspian Steppe of Eurasia during the Neolithic, and became integrated to the indigenous R1a peoples (Proto Indo Iranians) before their expansion to Central Asia during the Bronze Age.

To me , it looks like around the Caspian sea originates or group ..............i always thought it was on the eastern side near the Aral sea

Torzio
I noticed in Salento's post a list of ancient T samples which you posted, I see 2x T-CTS 2214 T1a1a1b2 listed.
I am wondering if either of you can help me understand if it is of Jewish origin or am I getting confused.
Thanks for any help

https://jewishdna.net/T.html

start with this .................and then is another site which goes down specific branches of T which are Jewish .......................but your line has no jewish link ( IIRC there was 49 samples ) ........I will try to refind this other link, but it should be on this forum somewhere already

Thank you Torzio, I can see no link now. I think what confused me was that I had T-L208 which appears often in that list.
Thanks

Torzio, My haplogroup is T and is in the process of further testing to determine which branch I belong to. I am quite interested to study this, do you have the up-to-date excel file : all ancient DNA? Thanks.

Torzio, My haplogroup is T and is in the process of further testing to determine which branch I belong to. I am quite interested to study this, do you have the up-to-date excel file : all ancient DNA? Thanks.

this site has not been updated for a year

https://umap.openstreetmap.fr/es/ma...MA7vMC0lSKhUTp1CvZ7Osu4xwOmOR0o#3/47.34/46.58

Note ................Haplogroup T came out of Haplgroup LT and this group came out of Haplogroup K-M9
K-M9 has the following haplogroup.....R1a, R1b, R2, Q, N, O, L, T, M and S .............

I counted only four T1a2 like us in the y T ancient list, some cool Romans, ... and even a Viking ... :)

9wXRSa8.jpg

Is T likely to have been spread by Phoenicians? Or at least T1a2

Which other y dna would they have belonged to in addition to this?

maybe some, ... but probably not, ...

y T was already in Central Europe at least 7000+ years ago, long before the Phoenicians.

imho T is too low-rate and widespread for being spread by a particular civilization or other Haplogroups.

very much doubt this, actually 100% wrong ................the Phoenicians began 1500BC in modern Israel ..............modern Lebanon was still Hittite lands until 1100BC and spoke Luwian language in that area, luwian in that area was the last place it disappeared and that was in 600BC

T was already in Germany, Bulgaria, Hungary in the Neolithic times....that is more than 4000 years before any Phoenicians where around ...............

according to SNP Tracker ... yes,
about:

T-SK1480 ybp 360 (1600 AD) Modern

T-BY143483
ybp 1700 (220 AD) Roman

Edit - Geno Invicta :)

1600 AD...ok ..............knowing my paternal family tree ......at that time my line was in
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fonzaso

shortly to move east to Feltre and then south to Pederobba

the BY143483 is also interesting for that time period

period for Z19945 ......pannonian people

... in a nutshell:

y T-SK1480 - mtDNA H12a

23&me - AncestryDNA - LivDNA - NatGeo :

8dtNwwh.jpg

mine ................do not have living dna anymore nor natgeno

the one sample I do not know about is from link

I4055 - Plaza Einstein, Granada, Andalusia
T1a2-L490

The period is when the vandals under Gunderic ( king of the Vandals ) and Elisa ruled southern Spain and north Africa ( morocco and algeria ) ......Gunderic eventaully invaded Rome from North africa with his vandal army

Vandals: 335-435AD

In AD 409/410 the Roman frontier was breached and the Vandals crossed the Pyrenees into the Iberian peninsula. There, they received land from the Romans in Hispania Baetica (roughly modern-day Andalucia). Other tribes who also arrived around this time were the Suevi and Alani. The Vandals crushed the Alani, killing the western Alan King Attaces. The remainder of his people subsequently appealed to the Vandal King Gunderic to accept the Alan crown.

I need to get further info on this period and sample

This below was also a leader of the Vandals in the same area...not sure how each ruler fitted

GENSERIC [Gaiseric], illegitimate son of GODEGISL King of the Vandals & his concubine --- ([400]-477). Procopius names “Gizerichus notus” as son of “Godigisclo[17]. He succeeded his half-brother in 427 as GENSERIC King of the Vandals. Isidor's Historia Gothorum, Wandalorum, Sueborum names "Gesericus frater Gunderici" when recording that he succeeded the latter as Vandal king in Spain[18]. The Vandals crossed into North Africa en masse in May 429, although what prompted this move is unclear[19]. The Chronicon of Bishop Idatius records that “Gaisericus Rex…cum Wandalis omnibus” left “Bæticæ Provinciæ litore” and went “ad Mauritaniam et Africam” in May 429[20]. According to Iordanes, the Romans lost the province of Africa to the Vandals "per Bonifatium"[21], although this does not explain why they arrived there in the first place. The exploits in Africa of "Geiserici ducis" are described in detail in the Victoris Vitensis Historia[22]. Genseric conquered Hipona in 429, and Carthage in 439, where they established their capital. The Vandal nobles rebelled against their leader in 442[23]. Genseric sacked Rome in 455. The Eastern Roman Empire's first expedition against the Vandals in Africa in 468, led by Basiliscus, brother-in-law of Emperor Leo I, failed despite numerical superiority[24]. The Vandal kingdom dominated the western Mediterranean, with Corsica and Sardinia. King Genseric made an agreement with Odoacar King of Italy about Sicily, the latter retaining control over the island in return for yearly tribute[25]. The Victoris Tonnennensis Epsicopi Chronicon records the death in 464 of "Gensericum Wandalorum rex" after reigning for 40 years[26].

the one sample I do not know about is from link

I4055 - Plaza Einstein, Granada, Andalusia
T1a2-L490

The period is when the vandals under Gunderic ( king of the Vandals ) and Elisa ruled southern Spain and north Africa ( morocco and algeria ) ......Gunderic eventaully invaded Rome from North africa with his vandal army

Vandals: 335-435AD

In AD 409/410 the Roman frontier was breached and the Vandals crossed the Pyrenees into the Iberian peninsula. There, they received land from the Romans in Hispania Baetica (roughly modern-day Andalucia). Other tribes who also arrived around this time were the Suevi and Alani. The Vandals crushed the Alani, killing the western Alan King Attaces. The remainder of his people subsequently appealed to the Vandal King Gunderic to accept the Alan crown.

I need to get further info on this period and sample

This below was also a leader of the Vandals in the same area...not sure how each ruler fitted

GENSERIC [Gaiseric], illegitimate son of GODEGISL King of the Vandals & his concubine --- ([400]-477). Procopius names “Gizerichus notus” as son of “Godigisclo[17]. He succeeded his half-brother in 427 as GENSERIC King of the Vandals. Isidor's Historia Gothorum, Wandalorum, Sueborum names "Gesericus frater Gunderici" when recording that he succeeded the latter as Vandal king in Spain[18]. The Vandals crossed into North Africa en masse in May 429, although what prompted this move is unclear[19]. The Chronicon of Bishop Idatius records that “Gaisericus Rex…cum Wandalis omnibus” left “Bæticæ Provinciæ litore” and went “ad Mauritaniam et Africam” in May 429[20]. According to Iordanes, the Romans lost the province of Africa to the Vandals "per Bonifatium"[21], although this does not explain why they arrived there in the first place. The exploits in Africa of "Geiserici ducis" are described in detail in the Victoris Vitensis Historia[22]. Genseric conquered Hipona in 429, and Carthage in 439, where they established their capital. The Vandal nobles rebelled against their leader in 442[23]. Genseric sacked Rome in 455. The Eastern Roman Empire's first expedition against the Vandals in Africa in 468, led by Basiliscus, brother-in-law of Emperor Leo I, failed despite numerical superiority[24]. The Vandal kingdom dominated the western Mediterranean, with Corsica and Sardinia. King Genseric made an agreement with Odoacar King of Italy about Sicily, the latter retaining control over the island in return for yearly tribute[25]. The Victoris Tonnennensis Epsicopi Chronicon records the death in 464 of "Gensericum Wandalorum rex" after reigning for 40 years[26].
y T-L490 - mt U3a1

I4055 Dodecad K12 coordinates:

RomanVillaGranadaSpain_I4055,6.34,0.29,11.67,0.00,35.87,20.88,0.00,3.68,15.38,0.36,5.46,0.06

http://vahaduo.genetics.ovh/

I4055 comes from an area and time of the Silingi Vandals in Iberia

..............this is the best possibility , but not the only one

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Silingi

if you check the germanic map in link ...............then the Vandal confederation ( Vindili confederation ) is on the baltic sea

The silingi on the map are SE to the Burgundians , just outside the Vindili confederation ( looks like that area falls under the Suevi )

Following the fortunes of the Vandals and Suebi into the Iberian peninsula (Hispania, comprising modern Portugal and Spain) in 409,[34] the Alans led by Respendial settled in the provinces of Lusitania and Carthaginensis.[35] The Kingdom of the Alans was among the first Barbarian kingdoms to be founded. The Silingi Vandals settled in Baetica, the Suebi in coastal Gallaecia, and the Asding Vandals in the rest of Gallaecia. Although the newcomers controlled Hispania they were still a tiny minority among a larger Hispano-Roman population, approximately 200,000 out of 6,000,000.[8]

This thread has been viewed 303041 times.

Back