Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Zapatero to the rescue?

Regular Member Achievements:
    Overdrive3 months registered500 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b

Ethnic group
    Spanish (from Spain of course, not Mexican and such)

Quote Originally Posted by Spion Stirlitz View Post
    Until yesterday, I really didn't have much interest about the problems of the PIIGS ( ), but then I came across some impressive numbers about the rescue of Greece, and the financial problems in Italy and Spain. In the last financial crisis of Mexico in 1994, there was a bailout of 54,000 million, and that to a country with already more than 100 million inhabitants. If what I read is truth, more than 280,000 million have already evaporated trying to help the Greeks (or the banks behind the crisis?), ... and that, for that tiny little country with not a large population. We still have not see in what is it going to end. My sencere sympathies to the Greek people, to which we Latin Americans identify with classical greatness and the inception of the Western Civilization (that we appreciate, even as some of us choose to consider ourselves not westen). We see with disgust how the corporate European (mostly German) media speak vitriol and unfairness about the character of this great people, blaming them for what is clearly a poor designed system that didn't took into account many things about long term competitiveness. My sincere sympathies, and we know that sooner or later, better times will shine for them. When we add to that, what is happening in Italy or Spain, I cannot but hope (I am not the only one) that the whole thing is not going to end in vulgar faschism. I thought that Asia and Latin America were leading World Growth in 2011... but what I know. How could my infinite ignorance compare with that of his Eminence, Mr. Franco. https://www.un.org/en/development/de...date_pr_en.pdfAltough, it is true that sometimes we go up, and sometimes we go down. Such is life. About Venezuela I will not speak right know. Deserves its own thread. Argentina, despite all the lies and bad press in conservative Europa against Cristina Kirchner, attained this year impressive economic growth, and Cristina was elected again by landslide. Mr. Franco... The truth is that Spain is in very bad shape. I know decent Spaniards (yes, they do exist!!) from other forums, that have no problem to admit something is working very wrong: The youth is desperate, because they know that with the current policies, they have no future. Spain has lost a substancial part of its middle class in the last decades. Now, finally, the mask is going to fall, and we will see what unhappy reality it hides behind. Of course, Spaniards like yourself feel deeply offended seeing that Latin Americans (scum of earth?) do even dare to show the face around here. I will say that many more Spaniards should be worried and deal with some umplesant and urgent realities, instead of suffering about the unkindness of Hollywood for presenting them as some kind of sub-species of Mexicans. In some regard Kanek is right: We do not know if Spain is going to remain in the EU... or even if the EU will survive in its present form. It is not the fault of Mexicans, don't you think?Regards.
    I'm glad that you spend your time writing about Spain like if nothing interested you most on this life, not even the problems your poor country has to face, which are much more difficult to solve than Spain's ones. I would not even waste a second writing on the failed state of Mexico.

aimless wanderer Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteran10000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 23%, Points required for next Level: 541
    Overall activity: 6.0%

We see with disgust how the corporate European (mostly German) media speak vitriol and unfairness about the character of this great people, blaming them for what is clearly a poor designed system that didn't took into account many things about long term competitiveness. My sincere sympathies, and we know that sooner or later, better times will shine for them.
    What does the Latin American media write about how the German media speaks about the Greek character?

I don't know any German here who speaks negatively about "the Greeks" as such. I always had the impression that most German media tries to be as moderate as possible; and if they lose their self-control, they focus on the Greek elite, the banks and the politicians of both countries, who force the tax-payers (whether Greek or German) to fix their gambling problems created by themselves.
    There are always exceptions, like I guess everyone knows the pictures created by the magazine "Focus". But this half-tabloid is known for it's provocative and dim statements. Not to talk about "Bildzeitung", no further comment! There are hundreds of caricatures published in the world every day which portray Merkel or all Germans as Nazis, and we are used to it! But I can't remember a single joke in Germany about the Greeks who protested on the streets!

1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 222
    Overall activity: 0%

Ethnic group
    Indian+Spanish+German, basically

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    I'm glad that you spend your time writing about Spain like if nothing interested you most on this life, not even the problems your poor country has to face, which are much more difficult to solve than Spain's ones. I would not even waste a second writing on the failed state of Mexico.
    You are the one that put "Mexico" below your Avatar.

Spain for me is indiferent, really. You think that I dedicate myself to write about Spain in this an other forums... well, no.

But don't you think that I have not noticed how several other EUROPEANS in these Forums have taken full knowledge how to pull the Spanish leg... so to speak. Enjoy.

+++++++++++++++++++

Actually do you think that the Economic crisis of the PIIGS is the one thing that fixates us Latin Americans when we read about current European and European-related events.

There are one or two themes that really, really have modified our views about what some things are about.

100000 times more important that if Spains sinks in its debt or not.

But I don't want to rise hell here.

"Regards"

1000 Experience PointsVeteran
    Level
    Level completed: 45%, Points required for next Level: 222

Ethnic group
    Indian+Spanish+German, basically

Quote Originally Posted by Mzungu mchagga View Post
    What does the Latin American media write about how the German media speaks about the Greek character?
    They write nothing.

I know something about the issue, because I visit German forums.

Latin American mass media is incredible naive and ingorant, and doesn't know "de que va la pelicula" (= what the movie is about)

Alternative media, is another matter.

I don't know any German here who speaks negatively about "the Greeks" as such. I always had the impression that most German media tries to be as moderate as possible; and if they lose their self-control, they focus on the Greek elite, the banks and the politicians of both countries, who force the tax-payers (whether Greek or German) to fix their gambling problems created by themselves.

There are always exceptions, like I guess everyone knows the pictures created by the magazine "Focus". But this half-tabloid is known for it's provocative and dim statements. Not to talk about "Bildzeitung", no further comment! There are hundreds of caricatures published in the world every day which portray Merkel or all Germans as Nazis, and we are used to it! But I can't remember a single joke in Germany about the Greeks who protested on the streets!
    I have to go right now, Mzungu...

I leave you this interesting thread: http://www.politik.de/forum/internat...schenhatz.html

I will with pleasure discuss more about this theme later.

Regards to you, my friend.

Overdrive3 months registered500 Experience Points

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b

Ethnic group
    Spanish (from Spain of course, not Mexican and such)

You are the one that put "Mexico" below your Avatar.

Spain for me is indiferent, really. You think that I dedicate myself to write about Spain in this an other forums... well, no.

But don't you think that I have not noticed how several other EUROPEANS in these Forums have taken full knowledge how to pull the Spanish leg... so to speak. Enjoy.

+++++++++++++++++++

Actually do you think that the Economic crisis of the PIIGS is the one thing that fixates us Latin Americans when we read about current European and European-related events.

There are one or two themes that really, really have modified our views about what some things are about.

100000 times more important that if Spains sinks in its debt or not.

But I don't want to rise hell here.

"Regards"
    Well , you also have "Spanish" below your avatar. While you accept the Spanish part of your identity I could not stand being took for a Mexican, I recognise that. It's strange the schyzophrenia of some beaners (let me employ that term since you use derogatory PIGS ).
    Last edited by LeBrok; 12-11-11 at 06:57. Reason: insulting

Great Adventurer Achievements:
    Three FriendsTagger Second ClassOverdriveVeteran50000 Experience Points
    Awards:
    Arm of Law
    Level
    Level completed: 49%, Points required for next Level: 873
    Overall activity: 16.0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    I2c1 PF3892+ (Swiss)
    MtDNA haplogroup
    U4a (Cornish)

Ethnic group
    3/4 Colonial American, 1/8 Cornish, 1/8 Welsh

Quote Originally Posted by Franco View Post
    Well , you also have "Spanish" below your avatar. While you accept the Spanish part of your identity I could not stand being took for a Mexican, I recognise that. It's strange the schyzophrenia of some beaners (let me employ that term since you use derogatory PIGS ). [Further insults redacted-sparkey]
    Aaaand official warning. Let's stop the Spanish/Mexican banter, now.
    Last edited by sparkey; 14-11-11 at 18:15.

Banned Achievements:
    1 year registeredTagger Second Class

Level
    Level completed: 78%, Points required for next Level: 11

Ethnic group
    PROUDLY AMERINDIAN!

Zapatero to the rescue??? LOL Spain is reuined, and basically an 3rd world country. They have started to migrating in mass to latin america, like in the past.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12