Haplogroup I2

doddla

Reaction score
I recently had my mtDNA tested and it came back with haplogroup I2. I am having trouble finding information. Any information would be appreciated. Thank You!

I recently had my mtDNA tested and it came back with haplogroup I2. I am having trouble finding information. Any information would be appreciated. Thank You!

Check the Y-DNA tables on this site. They are the most up-to-date and comprehensive.

From Eupedia :

Haplogroup I has a similar distribution to haplogroup W, ranging from Europe to Pakistan and North-West India, with a characteristic presence in Pontic steppes and around the Caspian Sea. Its origin very probably lies in the Proto-Indo-European cultures (mtDNA mirror of R1a and R1b). Haplogroup I is nearly absent in parts of Europe from distant from the Pontic-Caspian steppes (Iberia, South-West France, Ireland) and strongest in Norway, southern Finland, Ukraine, Greece and western Anatolia.

No, he is talking about mtDNA not Y-DNA...

wops! :ashamed2: I didn't sleep very well last night. :grin:

I thought that the haplogroup I is very numerous in the ancient Germanic
areas such as South-Sweden, Denmark and north Germany. Not in
Greece or Ukraine.

The highest frequencies of I (mt-DNA) are found in the N. Caucasus and Wales (6%) followed by Scotland (5%), Iceland and Latvia (4.5%).

Another I2 (mtDNA) here. Any sources for further info?

According to my mtDNA Full Sequence test (FTDNA), I belong to mtDNA haplogroup I2 in a yet determined subclade. Haplogroup I is sometimes known as "Iris." Any information welcome.

haplogroup I2 is "Balkan" ex Yugoslavia dat gen has most in Dalmata and Bosnian Croats 70%. People with this genome are tall people.
People with this genome are tall peoplePeople with this genome are tall people

haplogroup I2 is "Balkan" ex Yugoslavia dat gen has most in Dalmata and Bosnian Croats 70%. People with this genome are tall people.
People with this genome are tall peoplePeople with this genome are tall people

The Pope is "Balkan" too is also ex Yugoslavia tall people.

So i found out that i belong to Mtdna hg I2, and im from Sweden. Anyone els with same mtdna hg from my area?

This thread has been viewed 22507 times.

Back