Should I travel to Greece or Italy..?

What I was going to say. Maybe southern Italy and take the ferry to Patra? Visit both countries and a short cruise too!

I did that exactly, but in the opposite direction. But my time in Italy was cut short, unfortunately. So I took a train to Rome, and was there for only a day and a half.

Priority should be Greece. Athens and Santorini are a MUST. In Italy, the Amalfi coast comes a close second.

I'm no expert on either place but I was recently looking into both as an option for my trip. But I prefer Greece. When it comes to hospitality and welcoming people I have never ever experienced anything like Greece. I love to stay at family hotels and go to family restaurants because the people you meet are always so kind and inviting. While Japanese people might be the world’s most polite people, I will announce the Greek people as the winner of the world’s best hospitality! No matter if they can speak English or not, you can expect a friendly and warm welcome and experience. One of my favorite things to do in Greece is to go visit some rural villages. I always find interesting people and traditional experiences while exploring the rural villages. It’s definitely something special, and perfect to do if you rent a car https://aktis.rent/en or scooter.

Last edited:
Both places re wonderful but both places need more than the usual 2 weeks that the US travelers take. Europeans can take more than 2 so bravo to them. For Italy you have to select an area + Rome to visit. I.e south Italy+ Rome, Tuscany + Rome, North Italy + Rome. There's just so much to see in either country.

... or you can all go to Grecìa-Salentina.

you’ll be in Italy and Greece at the same time.

no need to choose either

qgutUyJ.jpg

salentomap.gif

... Grecìa Salentina (Italian for "Salentine Greek-speaking land") is an area in the peninsula of Salento in southern Italy, near the town of Lecce (Florence of the South) which is inhabited by the Griko people, an ethnic Greek minority in southern Italy who speak Griko, a variant of Greek...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grecìa_Salentina

in Griko:

in English:

lido_marini_scv_000.jpg

1024px-Anfiteatro_romano_dall%27alto.jpg

Last edited:
... or you can all go to Grecìa-Salentina.

you’ll be in Italy and Greece at the same time.

no need to choose either

qgutUyJ.jpg

salentomap.gif

... Grecìa Salentina (Italian for "Salentine Greek-speaking land") is an area in the peninsula of Salento in southern Italy, near the town of Lecce (Florence of the South) which is inhabited by the Griko people, an ethnic Greek minority in southern Italy who speak Griko, a variant of Greek...
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grecìa_Salentina

in Griko:

in English:

lido_marini_scv_000.jpg

1024px-Anfiteatro_romano_dall%27alto.jpg
Clash of Civilizations:
Messapi vs Mohegans
Tomahawk Salentina? :)

sI7tZI3.jpg

FMZqExO.jpg

Should I travel to Greece or Italy

Im teaching in Kosovo now, but am planning a trip to Athens over the X-mas break. Just wondering if travel during this time is problematic re: no trains running, or overcrowded due to EVERYONE traveling.Thanks in advance.

Im teaching in Kosovo now, but am planning a trip to Athens over the X-mas break. Just wondering if travel during this time is problematic re: no trains running, or overcrowded due to EVERYONE traveling.Thanks in advance.
Not too many tourists in October.

This thread has been viewed 80161 times.

Back