Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen sink ?

Do you brush your teeth in the kitchen ?

• Always or very often ; I find it normal

Votes: 11 10.4%
  • I've done it, but it's not usual (or not in front of other people)

Votes: 35 33.0%
  • Never ! I find it disgusting !

Votes: 38 35.8%
  • Don't know, don't care, other...

Votes: 22 20.8%

• Total voters
Re: teeth

Frank D. White said:
I just take mine out and drop them in a little plastic tub and drop in a blue effident tab. Thanks to many years of drinking Pepsi and living on sugar; brushing isn't a problem.
If I run out of cleaning tabs, just drop the teeth in the fish tank and in a day or two, clean as new!

lmao!!!!!:D Yea the whole kitchen sink has always been a no-no. Who would really want to spit that stuff in there then clean food to be eaten right afterwards!?!?!?:p

I've never brushed my teeth in the kitchen sink before yesterday morning. I was in a flat in nottingham and someone else was in the bathroom so i had to use the kitchen sink. It seemed a little weird i must admit.

Porl''

Bathroom always.

The only time i brush my teeth in the sink is when i wake up really late and there's someone in the bathroom.

I've never done nor even considered brushing my teeth in the kitchen sink considering it is the furthest sink from my bedroom. I don't think I would have a problem with people brushing their at the kitchen sink though. I don't know why you would think its disgusting because I would rather have a person talking to me with clean breath then bad breath.

Slightly related question...

do you have a problem with putting feces in the kitchen sink?

Just yesterday my wife was at a friend's house and waited for her while she ran to pick up her kid (toddler I think) from day care. The kid is out of diapers but apparently he had crapped himself. The lazy daycare provider had changed him and put the crappy underwear as is in a plastic bag.

My wife's friend talks about how convenient garbage disposals are. And then she proceeds to dump the sh*t into the drain and wash out the kid's underwear in her kitchen sink! Of course in the sink are dirty dishes and next to the sink are clean ones.

My wife was shocked and I think it is disgusting as well. Does anybody consider this normal? I'm just glad her friend was Japanese. If she had seen an American doing this, she'd have created a stereotype and I'd forever be hearing about how Americans do this. If she continues visiting this woman at all, I think my wife will do everything in her power to avoid doing "ocha" at this persons house.

Note: a garbage disposal is a machine commonly found in American kitchens underneath the kitchen sink (attached to the drain). Organic material such as vegetable pealings is ground up so that it can be sent into the sewer system. In my opinion, the "normal" way to handle feces is to dump the solids into the toilet and wash the underwear out in the laundry sink.

:shock: OMG! I'm speechless! I can't believe it was a Japanese person?! I wonder if she would think it was okay to close the refrigerator door with her foot? :eek:

To think my grandmother and mother wouldn't even let me wash my hands in the kitchen sink!

Last edited:
:shock:
well now...this was disgusting. This is very wrong. BOo BOo should be nowhere near a kitchen. Especially in your sink! You was food and dishes in there thats things you eat and eat with. :shock: :shock: you have to put some dishes in your mouth and just think...you just washing BOo BOo in that same sink!!!!

No, but I often brush my teeth in the shower. And shave. And cut my hair. (Man, I feel like Kramer in that one episode where he moves everything into his shower...)

Also, about the baby thing, it seems like parents from anywhere have a hard time fathoming that anything that comes out of their baby could possibly be gross.... because it's their baby! I've seen people do things like change a diaper, then immeadiately stick their hand in a bag of chips and ask if anyone else wants any. (not anymore!)

Oh, and mdchachi, where do you live in Detroit? I grew up there.

How about teeth-brushing in busy public bathroom? Where I used to work, during lunch break, there was this guy brushing his teeth for at least ten minutes at the bathroom of the office building every weekday. Later I found out he used to be a dentist!

What A Noise!! What A Mess!! So Expensive!!

Drop dentures in kitchen sink-down the garbage disposal-hit switch by accident-gerrr,crunch,bang,crash!!
HUMMM, don't seem to fit to well now, don't look to hot either!! OH OH, disposal doesn't work anymore; 3 hours for plumber to fix, he keeps having fits of laughter and can't work for minutes at a time! Even cats & wife laughing at my crooked smile, DUH!

Frank
:blush: :mad: :shock:

Jean-Francois said:
How about teeth-brushing in busy public bathroom? Where I used to work, during lunch break, there was this guy brushing his teeth for at least ten minutes at the bathroom of the office building every weekday. Later I found out he used to be a dentist!

That wouldn't bother me. If somebody wants to brush their teeth in the public bathroom sink after I've pissed in it, that's okay with me.

:D

I only brush in the kitchen if the bathroom is not available, and I'm in a hurry. Otherwise, I always use the bathroom to do it.

Never washed my teeth at the kitchen sink, it givesd me a dirt feeling I guess? Never thought abou tit

This thread has been viewed 78678 times.

Back