R1a in Western Europe

I am waiting for my BigY results and hope they will provide some useful information (as I do not even know the forming age of R-YP3994, though the TMRCA should not exceed 2400 ybp).

The "formed age" of a clade is always the TMRCA of the one it descends from. So in this case, the formed age of R-YP3994 should be ~2400 ybp (the TMRCA of R-Y2902). It's nice that you have ordered the BigY. You will get a TMRCA estimate with the Italian from Palermo, which should be less than ~2400 ybp. However, I'm not sure how many other BigY/NGS tests currently there is for R-YP3994. It's possible some of the others on FTDNA only tested YP3994+ through a SNP Pack. There should be at least one more since it takes two NGS tests to form a subclade, so perhaps the second one chose to hide his sample on YFull.

The "formed age" of a clade is always the TMRCA of the one it descends from. So in this case, the formed age of R-YP3994 should be ~2400 ybp (the TMRCA of R-Y2902). It's nice that you have ordered the BigY. You will get a TMRCA estimate with the Italian from Palermo, which should be less than ~2400 ybp. However, I'm not sure how many other BigY/NGS tests currently there is for R-YP3994. It's possible some of the others on FTDNA only tested YP3994+ through a SNP Pack. There should be at least one more since it takes two NGS tests to form a subclade, so perhaps the second one chose to hide his sample on YFull.

Thanks for the explanation about the forming age. It makes perfectly sense.
The other BigY/NGS tested person is perhaps the british gentleman. In any case, the two other guys from the R1a project have not ordered such tests.

This thread has been viewed 46577 times.

Back