In Italy, north–south differences in IQ predict differences in income,

Uc3Th5K.png

There's been a lot of research conducted since 1994.

Sardianian people don't cluster near those groups. They're related to the first European Farmers.

I know, a dumb comment in an article talking about intelligence.

As history tells us, the conquerors get to write the one and only version of history. They become the more virtuous, the bravest, the most intelligent, and obviously the richer.

Despite the mythology which surrounds the Risorgimento, at the end of the day, whether we like it or not, the Kingdom of the Two Sicilies was an independent country, the largest body politic in what we now call Italy, and even though we can speculate about how poorly it was ruled (and no Sicilian would dispute that), it suffered a foreign invasion and was conquered by yet another foreign power.

IN the case of Sicily, it was a double whammy because it had undergone 3 or 4 revolts following the forced union under the Bourbons, and rather than gain the independence it nearly gained in 1848 (with the most liberal constitution written to that point in what we now comprises Italy, making use of its own parliament which had existed since 1097), it fell under the rule of a foreign power ruled from a city much further away than Naples. It was never going to end well, and further revolts would ensue, one put down quite brutally in 1866.

And then this:

« Dal 1860 al 1870 l'esercito sabaudo dei "piemontesi" in Sicilia riuscirono a depredare e rubare TUTTO quello che c’era da prendere,svuotarono TUTTE le casse dei comuni Siciliani,rapinarono TUTTE le banche Siciliane con la scusa e la menzogna dell'unità d'italia,derubarono TUTTO il cibo dalle masserie di campagna lasciando morire di fame il popolo Siciliano,e poi i garibaldesi ingordi e ladri assassini indemoniati entrarono nelle case dei poveri contadini violentandone TUTTE le figlie e le mogli e rubando TUTTO quanto,poi ancora entrarono nelle comunità religiose rubando TUTTO quanto pure le elemosine per i poveri e poi ancora entrarono nei conventi delle suore di clausura e stuprarono TUTTE le giovani monache vergini;
i garibaldini prima e i sabaudi-piemontesi dopo saccheggiarono TUTTE le chiese TUTTI i conventi TUTTE le campagne e le case di TUTTI gli onesti cittadini Siciliani;
Gli assassini sabaudo-piemontesi insieme ai pirati garibaldesi nel 1860 da grandi ladri farabutti quali furono rubarono TUTTO quanto,opere d’arte,quadri,statue persino i chiodi appesi al muro e pure la verginità delle ragazze Siciliane e la vita ed il futuro all'intero popolo siciliano.»

I tell you what - it would have been pretty hard to recover from that reign of terror.

Supposedly, at the time of unification, the North was richer than the South, and it probably was, but guess where most of the gold bullion came from in the first decade of the new state?

As we know, to the victor go the spoils.

[h=2]IL SACCHEGGIO DEL BANCO DI SICILIA, INIZIAMO A RISCRIVERE LA STORIA[/h]
http://www.qtsicilia.it/old/cultura...-sicilia-iniziamo-a-riscrivere-la-storia.html

Hasn't anyone ever wondered about the absurdity of Garibaldi's mille taking over the largest state in Italy at the time? Hasn't anyone ever wondered how something so absurd could happen? This account goes some way to explaining it.
And incredibly, the historians make out that it was Sicily suffering from banditry at the time - but they didn't have this sort of banditry in mind!

I love this quote from the article, from the diary of one of the mille no less:

"Ci meravigliammo non credendo ai nostri occhi e alle nostre orecchie, da come si erano messe le cose, quando ci accorgemmo che il segnale di abbandonare la contesa non era lanciato dalla nostra tromba ma da quella borbonica[FONT=&quot].”[/FONT]

In other words, there was actually no battle. At the sight of the scary mille, tutti picciotti, most of them barely armed with anything, 3000 bourbon troops withdrew without firing a shot.

[h=2]IL SACCHEGGIO DEL BANCO DI SICILIA, INIZIAMO A RISCRIVERE LA STORIA[/h]
http://www.qtsicilia.it/old/cultura...-sicilia-iniziamo-a-riscrivere-la-storia.html

Hasn't anyone ever wondered about the absurdity of Garibaldi's mille taking over the largest state in Italy at the time? Hasn't anyone ever wondered how something so absurd could happen? This account goes some way to explaining it.
And incredibly, the historians make out that it was Sicily suffering from banditry at the time - but they didn't have this sort of banditry in mind!

I love this quote from the article, from the diary of one of the mille no less:

"Ci meravigliammo non credendo ai nostri occhi e alle nostre orecchie, da come si erano messe le cose, quando ci accorgemmo che il segnale di abbandonare la contesa non era lanciato dalla nostra tromba ma da quella borbonica[FONT=&quot].”[/FONT]

In other words, there was actually no battle. At the sight of the scary mille, tutti picciotti, most of them barely armed with anything, 3000 bourbon troops withdrew without firing a shot.

Not at all!
Wars are collection of battles. One event, or account doesn't tell the entire story.
The Mille were there to fight. The Borboni executed a "Tactical Retreat".

Let's keep to the topic, please, guys.

There may be a correlation between inbreeding and IQ differences.

iq-and-inbreeding-in-italy-inbreeding-coefficients-and-iq-scores.jpg

There may be a correlation between inbreeding and IQ differences.

iq-and-inbreeding-in-italy-inbreeding-coefficients-and-iq-scores.jpg

Who is that from? The usual discredited "scientist"? Keep ******** and I'll start posting the Spanish numbers, my Spanish friend.

Btw I do not know about the other two but for the last time I do NOT have an alternative account.

Btw I do not know about the other two but for the last time I do NOT have an alternative account.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

Taking the role of multiple internet personas, that even argue against one another, is a known ******** tactic. It's also a sign of schizophrenia. I find it odd that you cited curiouscat's post in the other thread. It's also odd that you all seem to have the same rotten disposition, and dumb beliefs about Italians, specifically southern Italians.

Infamous example of this tactic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg#Online_activities

Who is that from? The usual discredited "scientist"? Keep ******** and I'll start posting the Spanish numbers, my Spanish friend.

I don't have recent Spanish ancestry. I'm pretty much East-Central European with some Balkan and Western European admixture that may have some common with Spaniards and French that's why I used Celt-Iberian in my ethnicity tag.

Last edited:
http://www.theamericanconservative.com/articles/race-iq-and-wealth/

Here's a good unbiased article on the topic of IQ and disparities.

Similar sharp differences occur in the case of Italian populations separated historically and geographically. Today, Italian-Americans are very close to the national white average in income and education, and the limited data we have seem to put their IQ close to this average as well. This would appear consistent with the IQ figures reported for Italy by Lynn and Vanhanen, which are based on large samples and come in at just above 100. However, there is a notoriously wide economic gap between northern Italy and the south, including Sicily. The overwhelming majority of Italian-Americans trace their ancestry to the latter, quite impoverished regions, and in 2010 Lynn reported new research indicating that the present-day IQ of Italians living in those areas was as low as 89, a figure that places them almost a full standard deviation below either their Northern Italian compatriots or their separated American cousins. Although Lynn attributed this large deficit in Southern Italian IQ to substantial North African or Near Eastern genetic admixture, poverty and cultural deprivation seem more likely explanations.

Italian-Americans are overwhelmingly Southern Italian.

I don't have Spanish ancestry. I'm pretty much East-Central European with some Balkan and Western European admixture that may have some common with Spaniards and French.

Do you get your information from amateur blogs? Because the same ones say EASTERN Europeans like yourself are also very inbred. Which is probably a lie too anyway.

https://jaymans.wordpress.com/2013/09/07/how-inbred-are-europeans/

his map is a guestimate, and is not derived from direct measurements

:LOL: If this was on paper, it wouldn't even be worthy for a place on the floor for a dog to use.

http://whatismyipaddress.com/change-ip

Taking the role of multiple internet personas, that even argue against one another, is a known ******** tactic. It's also a sign of schizophrenia. I find it odd that you cited curiouscat's post in the other thread. It's also odd that you all seem to have the same rotten disposition, and dumb beliefs about Italians, specifically southern Italians.

Infamous example of this tactic:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joshua_Ryne_Goldberg#Online_activities
Go ask Angela if I have an alternative account.
I don't really talk much about Italians or even dislike them. Italian is my favourite langauge.

Btw, your "evidence" and claims are not really
smart.

Go ask Angela if I have an alternative account.
I don't really talk much about Italians or even dislike them. Italian is my favourite langauge.

Btw, your "evidence" and claims are not really
smart.

Yea, and you're a shining example of intelligence and integrity. :rolleyes:

Btw, you can vote me down all you want for this. It doesn't even matter, or affect me, since your rep is in the toilet.

Again with your theories? As far as now, I see that you have zero downs in this theard I can screenshot in oder to prove it for you.

Again with your theories? As far as now, I see that you have zero downs in this theard I can screenshot in oder to prove it for you.

I wasn't referring to this thread, but a reminder for the future.

Now let's get back on topic for this pathetic thread; conceived in ignorance. The only use for it, as far as I can see if proving Richard Lynn's racial theory wrong. Which it already has been by other academics, due to his sloppy/intentionally-sloppy research. Perhaps also refuting all the other idiotic claims and aspersions others may have in regards to trying to prove his racial theory right.

EDIT:

Getting back OT.

I already made my points on the previous page, Southern Italians in the USA do just about as good economically, and score about the same as other European-Americans. Some of the best counties in the entire country are a majority Italian-American (Southern Italian).

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/7f/Per_capita_income_by_county.png

Per-capita income map

Xp6SZyS.png

Ethnic majority map

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/a/a7/Census-2000-Data-Top-US-Ancestries-by-County.svg

bT5fazo.png

Like I said previously, the clannish mentality of the Southern Italians is a great fit for the American system. Because we do well for ourselves, and family, and don't give a damn about anyone else. Same for the Irish and the Scottish who also have a clannish mentality.

Just look at the areas covered by Italians and Irish. These areas are the driving economic centers of the country. Perhaps Southern Italians aren't doing as well in Italy. But they're doing well, in a more powerful, and competitive country that doesn't have arbitrary social restrictions and allows for upward mobility. There's other groups that have been here for 100s of years, that don't even come close.

Last edited:
Only my Mother is allowed to question my Intelligence (or lack of it). [emoji849][emoji848][emoji2]

This thread has been viewed 63640 times.

Back