Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
Results 51 to 75 of 101

Thread: Hitler's Y-DNA?

  1. #51
    Regular Member John Doe's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-06-14
    Location
    Earth
    Posts
    599

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    E-PF1975
    MtDNA haplogroup
    K1a9

    Ethnic group
    Ashkenazi Jewish
    Country: Australia



    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffy View Post
    There were rumors about Heydrich being part Jewish.
    True, whether or not twas the case, it explains his fanatical brutality, so much so that after his assassination by British trained Czech agents, the operation which saw the mass deportation to Treblinka was named "Aktion Reinhard" in his memory.

  2. #52
    Regular Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-11-14
    Posts
    179

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a l497 s10458
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1n

    Ethnic group
    Dutch / French
    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by John Doe View Post
    True, whether or not twas the case, it explains his fanatical brutality, so much so that after his assassination by British trained Czech agents, the operation which saw the mass deportation to Treblinka was named "Aktion Reinhard" in his memory.
    Didn't know that. Interesting. He was brutal though. Very Anti-Semitic and one of the major players in the final solution as he attended and was the head of the Wannsee conference.

  3. #53
    Regular Member khufu's Avatar
    Join Date
    19-02-14
    Posts
    39

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    z830
    MtDNA haplogroup
    R0a

    Country: Egypt



    there Difference between a Nazi and new nazi

    new nazi Based on racism nothing else

    And ye all the information you take from enemies of Hitler

    Filled your heads of the information false

    The man has errors such as other

    But informative article could benefit from his enemies

    Talk about the colors does not help with Hitler

    Italy was the ally

    Russia was an enemy

  4. #54
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by khufu View Post
    there Difference between a Nazi and new nazi

    new nazi Based on racism nothing else

    And ye all the information you take from enemies of Hitler

    Filled your heads of the information false

    The man has errors such as other

    But informative article could benefit from his enemies

    Talk about the colors does not help with Hitler

    Italy was the ally

    Russia was an enemy
    You must have most sever form of ADHD ever. It seems you can't keep attention long enough to finish a decent sentence. Never mind sentences creating a logical argument. I doubt that anyone understood your point. Try again.
    Be wary of people who tend to glorify the past, underestimate the present, and demonize the future.

  5. #55
    Regular Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-11-14
    Posts
    179

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a l497 s10458
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1n

    Ethnic group
    Dutch / French
    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    You must have most sever form of ADHD ever. It seems you can't keep attention long enough to finish a decent sentence. Never mind sentences creating a logical argument. I doubt that anyone understood your point. Try again.
    lol this is true.

  6. #56
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    Cananites covered an area from Modern Lebanon down to present day Israel. What gives you the idea that there were no E haplogroups at the time? Natufians inhabited the area prior to other civilizations that were formed later absorbing peoples that were already in the area for thousands of years before


    No need to think slavery all the time. Its most probable that E haplogroup was in the area before anyone started some kind of slave trade. You need to become familiar with timespans and time of haplogroups mutations to be able to compare with archelogical evidense and written history ;)



    Slavery again?



    Well some Kosovars could have migrated to other parts of Europe some 7000 years ago :). Kosovo is a name given for a region created by the Ottomans in the 1800's for a plain that was known with the same name.

    You are making too many illogical assumptions. Get to know more about the subject, there is much more to learn ;)


    The E haplogroup is characterized by their YAP mutations which are found in the DE macro-haplogroup. Most populations with a high percentage of E or D y-chromosomes live in Africa and Indian ocean. A percentage of Ainu and some people deep in the mountains of Tibet have these mutations, too.

    The E haplogroup is rare outside of Africa and Island populations south of Asia in the Indian ocean. The ancestor of most E haplogroup peoples were likely adapted to hotter, humid climates, and possibly aquatic lifestyles.

    Why do I think that slavery was possible?

    The E haplogroup is not found deep in Central Asia where the origins of civilization likely sprouted. Y-haplogroups with YAP mutations are not found in high concentrations where wolves were first domesticated and where the earliest crops were domesticated in Asia.

    People in central Asia could have evolved aggression to other hominids and humans because of their proximity to Neanderthals and other large hominid species.

    Would a group of Eurasians who settled in ancient Canaan and had with them dogs, crops, and aggression integrated a population of E haplogroup peoples they probably couldn't communicate with?

  7. #57
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,140


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    The E haplogroup is characterized by their YAP mutations which are found in the DE macro-haplogroup. Most populations with a high percentage of E or D y-chromosomes live in Africa and Indian ocean. A percentage of Ainu and some people deep in the mountains of Tibet have these mutations, too.

    The E haplogroup is rare outside of Africa and Island populations south of Asia in the Indian ocean. The ancestor of most E haplogroup peoples were likely adapted to hotter, humid climates, and possibly aquatic lifestyles.

    Why do I think that slavery was possible?

    The E haplogroup is not found deep in Central Asia where the origins of civilization likely sprouted. Y-haplogroups with YAP mutations are not found in high concentrations where wolves were first domesticated and where the earliest crops were domesticated in Asia.

    People in central Asia could have evolved aggression to other hominids and humans because of their proximity to Neanderthals and other large hominid species.

    Would a group of Eurasians who settled in ancient Canaan and had with them dogs, crops, and aggression integrated a population of E haplogroup peoples they probably couldn't communicate with?
    Please use the search engine for yDna "E". It has now been found in Neolithic Europe.


    Non si fa il proprio dovere perchè qualcuno ci dica grazie, lo si fa per principio, per se stessi, per la propria dignità. Oriana Fallaci

  8. #58
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    Please use the search engine for yDna "E". It has now been found in Neolithic Europe.
    What exactly am I looking for? Neolithic is period between 10000BC and 4000 BC. That doesn't mean much. They would have encountered populations from Asia having dogs, goats, wheat, legumes, and oxen who they couldn't speak to and were thirsty to claim land.

    These populations may not have been integrated but wiped out by aggressive Eurasians.

    I'd like to believe there was ancient altruism but ancient peoples were kind of violent.

    EDIT:
    Found an article here in Eupedia. E haplogroup y-chromosomes are not found in Neolithic farmers. There is an entry about some G haplogroup farmers integrating a small populations of E haplogroup males in Italy but they did not belong to E1b1b. These integrated male lines could have gone extinct.

  9. #59
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post

    I'd like to believe there was ancient altruism but ancient peoples were kind of violent.
    Have you been on vacation when they taught First and Second WW, or Soviet Revolution, or Chinese or Khmer Rouge, or recent Uganda or ISIS terror etc. We are so peaceful, not alike the ancient barbarians.
    EDIT:
    Found an article here in Eupedia. E haplogroup y-chromosomes are not found in Neolithic farmers.
    So articles were written few years ago, now we found it. Perhaps you want to argue recent scientific papers about their mistake?
    Please read them and spend few days re-evaluating your wiled hypotheses, then we can talk again.

  10. #60
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Have you been on vacation when they taught First and Second WW, or Soviet Revolution, or Chinese or Khmer Rouge, or recent Uganda or ISIS terror etc. We are so peaceful, not alike the ancient barbarians.
    EDIT:
    So articles were written few years ago, now we found it. Perhaps you want to argue recent scientific papers about their mistake?
    Please read them and spend few days re-evaluating your wiled hypotheses, then we can talk again.
    Okay. Where are these papers?

    Can anyone provide link or reference? From what I've been reading it was haplogroup G that had a dominant presence in neolithic times.

    In ancient times slavery was the norm. Farmers were territorial, they still are. Throughout history agricultural peoples have treated hunter-gatherers as pests. Ancient times were brutal. Mesopotamians had slaves. In the earliest records of mankind, slavery was being documented.

    Lots of people are defensive about the E haplogroup y-chromosome issue.

    E1b1b is apparently did not develop from E haplogroups that could have been present in Neolithic Europe.

  11. #61
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    Okay. Where are these papers?

    Can anyone provide link or reference? From what I've been reading it was haplogroup G that had a dominant presence in neolithic times.

    In ancient times slavery was the norm. Farmers were territorial, they still are. Throughout history agricultural peoples have treated hunter-gatherers as pests. Ancient times were brutal. Mesopotamians had slaves. In the earliest records of mankind, slavery was being documented.

    Lots of people are defensive about the E haplogroup y-chromosome issue.

    E1b1b is apparently did not develop from E haplogroups that could have been present in Neolithic Europe.
    here is one:http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...asin-356-pages

    The truth is that probably no major haplogroup developed in Europe, except maybe I? We don't have enough data yet to conclude true European haplogroup. They all might be from immigrants.
    Also keep in mind that Y chromosome is just 2% of whole human genome and have very little to do if any with how people behave. It is mostly about differentiation between sexes.

  12. #62
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    here is one:http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...asin-356-pages

    The truth is that probably no major haplogroup developed in Europe, except maybe I? We don't have enough data yet to conclude true European haplogroup. They all might be from immigrants.
    Also keep in mind that Y chromosome is just 2% of whole human genome and have very little to do if any with how people behave. It is mostly about differentiation between sexes.
    The area in question is in Hungary.

    This researcher concludes that the subjects in the Carpathian Basin originated in the Near East and hunter gatherers had negligible contribution to the maternal and paternal gene pool. They were rather homogeneous. Early Neolithic people there belonged to G, F, and I. During them middle/late neolithic period foreign populations moved in. Three new y-chromosome haplogroups were seen... J, C, and E1b1b at certain sites. 5000BC to 4000BC.


    32 individuals tested. Two remains had E1b1b out of 32 total. There were found at 2 sites. 1 at Sopot and 1 at Lengyel. These 2 sites had the most "diverse" bodies lying around. The E1b1b y-haplogroup originates in Africa and author of the paper makes note of that.

    All the samples are dated between 5790 BC and 3900 BC.

    E1b1b remains were found among cultures that lived between 5000-4800 BC and 5000-4300BC.

    According to other data and other research the author of the paper concludes that the E1b1b did not have a significant presence in the area. The neolithic farmers were of Asian/Eurasian origin.

    Nothing in the study contradicts what I wrote before.

  13. #63
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    The area in question is in Hungary.

    This researcher concludes that the subjects in the Carpathian Basin originated in the Near East and hunter gatherers had negligible contribution to the maternal and paternal gene pool. They were rather homogeneous. Early Neolithic people there belonged to G, F, and I. During them middle/late neolithic period foreign populations moved in. Three new y-chromosome haplogroups were seen... J, C, and E1b1b at certain sites. 5000BC to 4000BC.


    32 individuals tested. Two remains had E1b1b out of 32 total. There were found at 2 sites. 1 at Sopot and 1 at Lengyel. These 2 sites had the most "diverse" bodies lying around. The E1b1b y-haplogroup originates in Africa and author of the paper makes note of that.

    All the samples are dated between 5790 BC and 3900 BC.

    E1b1b remains were found among cultures that lived between 5000-4800 BC and 5000-4300BC.

    According to other data and other research the author of the paper concludes that the E1b1b did not have a significant presence in the area. The neolithic farmers were of Asian/Eurasian origin.

    Nothing in the study contradicts what I wrote before.
    Technically it doesn't. My point was that E was found in Neolithic Europe. I had a feeling that you hoped that it wasn't.

    Edit:
    Actually you did say the contradiction, but in different thread:
    They were not in Europe before 4900-3000 BC.
    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...l=1#post461211

  14. #64
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Technically it doesn't. My point was that E was found in Neolithic Europe. I had a feeling that you hoped that it wasn't.

    Edit:
    Actually you did say the contradiction, but in different thread:

    http://www.eupedia.com/forum/threads...l=1#post461211
    They were not there in the early Neolithic. This is no evidence of a sizable population, just 2 bodies found in Hungary that could have come from anywhere. They could have been taken there by J haplogroup dominated groups that wandered there from North Africa and the Middle East.


    Eurasian crops and livestock had reached the Middle East and North Africa prior to 5000BC. Eurasians invaded North Africa 12,000-10,000 years ago, long before these people in the Carpathian Basin lived.

    The Eurasian agricultural practices and animals were important in Ancient Egyptian culture. They grew wheat, barley, Eurasian legumes, and they had dogs (which originated in Eurasia). Before the Egyptians there were likely Eurasians farming the land with their Eurasian crops and livestock.

    If Eurasians walked into Africa 12,000-10,000 B.C. they had a long time to set up routes and networks into Eurasia. There could have been trade or interaction between the people in the Carpathian Basin and people in other places. Native Africans had 5000 years to learn Eurasian ways. By the time 5000-3000 BC came along, some E1b1b haplogroup males could have hitched a ride with a caravan.

  15. #65
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    They were not there in the early Neolithic. This is no evidence of a sizable population, just 2 bodies found in Hungary that could have come from anywhere.
    I dont think that thousands of skeletons have been studied so far

    They could have been taken there by J haplogroup dominated groups that wandered there from North Africa and the Middle East.
    Like hoovered the caves and fed the dogs


    Eurasian crops and livestock had reached the Middle East and North Africa prior to 5000BC. Eurasians invaded North Africa 12,000-10,000 years ago, long before these people in the Carpathian Basin lived.
    How interesting.

    If Eurasians walked into Africa 12,000-10,000 B.C. they had a long time to set up routes and networks into Eurasia. There could have been trade or interaction between the people in the Carpathian Basin and people in other places. Native Africans had 5000 years to learn Eurasian ways. By the time 5000-3000 BC came along, some E1b1b haplogroup males could have hitched a ride with a caravan.
    or maybe got a free ride on the train...you never know

  16. #66
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    They were not there in the early Neolithic. This is no evidence of a sizable population, just 2 bodies found in Hungary that could have come from anywhere. They could have been taken there by J haplogroup dominated groups that wandered there from North Africa and the Middle East.
    Well, you said Neolithic before, now you claim you meant Early Neolithic. In this case you base your argument on pure assumption.


    Eurasian crops and livestock had reached the Middle East and North Africa prior to 5000BC. Eurasians invaded North Africa 12,000-10,000 years ago, long before these people in the Carpathian Basin lived.
    So what, do you have their haplogroups?

    The Eurasian agricultural practices and animals were important in Ancient Egyptian culture. They grew wheat, barley, Eurasian legumes, and they had dogs (which originated in Eurasia). Before the Egyptians there were likely Eurasians farming the land with their Eurasian crops and livestock.
    The earliest example of domestication of dog/wolf comes is from 20kya from Europe, hunter gatherer society. It has nothing to do with Near Eastern husbandry. Otherwise I don't know where you going with this example.

    If Eurasians walked into Africa 12,000-10,000 B.C. they had a long time to set up routes and networks into Eurasia. There could have been trade or interaction between the people in the Carpathian Basin and people in other places. Native Africans had 5000 years to learn Eurasian ways. By the time 5000-3000 BC came along, some E1b1b haplogroup males could have hitched a ride with a caravan.
    It is possible that E1b1b went into Europe with consecutive Neolithic waves of farmers during Neolithic. It is as valid, at the moment, as them being in first wave, in small undetectable so far, proportions. We don't have enough samples to be completely sure. It is also possible that they showed up during Mesolithic as hunter gatherers in South Europe, and where picked up by farmers, the same way I2 was. All we know for sure they were in Central Europe during mid Neolithic, that's the fact. The rest is only speculation.
    What I can't get is why you are so strongly clinging to your speculation, ignoring equally possible other scenarios? For some reason you hate the idea that E1b1b could have been in Europe earlier. Why is that?

  17. #67
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Well, you said Neolithic before, now you claim you meant Early Neolithic. In this case you base your argument on pure assumption.


    So what, do you have their haplogroups?

    The earliest example of domestication of dog/wolf comes is from 20kya from Europe, hunter gatherer society. It has nothing to do with Near Eastern husbandry. Otherwise I don't know where you going with this example.

    It is possible that E1b1b went into Europe with consecutive Neolithic waves of farmers during Neolithic. It is as valid, at the moment, as them being in first wave, in small undetectable so far, proportions. We don't have enough samples to be completely sure. It is also possible that they showed up during Mesolithic as hunter gatherers in South Europe, and where picked up by farmers, the same way I2 was. All we know for sure they were in Central Europe during mid Neolithic, that's the fact. The rest is only speculation.
    What I can't get is why you are so strongly clinging to your speculation, ignoring equally possible other scenarios? For some reason you hate the idea that E1b1b could have been in Europe earlier. Why is that?
    The domestication of dogs is controversial. Many studies link dogs to Central Asia around 50,000-30,000 years ago.
    http://gu.com/p/495my/stw
    Study that claims dogs could have been domesticated 35,000 years ago.


    http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v1...y2011114a.html
    Here is a study claiming they come from Southern East Asia.



    E1b1b is not present in Europe prior or near the beginning of the Neolithic Revolution in Eurasia. It's just not there. In the Carpathian study it shows up between 5000-3000 BC, 5000-7000 years after the beginning of the Neolithic Revolution.

  18. #68
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    The domestication of dogs is controversial. Many studies link dogs to Central Asia around 50,000-30,000 years ago.
    http://gu.com/p/495my/stw
    Study that claims dogs could have been domesticated 35,000 years ago.


    http://www.nature.com/hdy/journal/v1...y2011114a.html
    Here is a study claiming they come from Southern East Asia.
    Yes we are still learning, and the point was that dogs were domesticated by hunter gatherers. The rest of animals by farmers, and at least 10 thousands years later. Other words, domestication of dog has nothing to do with domestication of farm animals. It means that nobody looked at domesticated dog and figured out how to domesticate pigs. Dogs were hunting with people, dogs were not in enclosure to be eaten. A very different function and purpose.



    E1b1b is not present in Europe prior or near the beginning of the Neolithic Revolution in Eurasia. It's just not there.
    Oh, because we didn't find it yet it didn't exist?! You have to admit, it is not very sound logic, nor a scientific approach. Moment ago you claimed that it didn't exist in Neolithic in Europe, till you learned that it was just found. You should have learned by your first mistake.

    In the Carpathian study it shows up between 5000-3000 BC, 5000-7000 years after the beginning of the Neolithic Revolution.
    What this has to do with haplogroup E? We still don't know if it was one of minority original farmer clade or was picked up from hunter gatherers in Europe, Near East or Africa, maybe picked up few times independently by farmers on different continents? Please don't create a fact from unknown history. At the moment we can talk about hypothetical scenarios, many of them, not only the one you believe in.

  19. #69
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    Yes we are still learning, and the point was that dogs were domesticated by hunter gatherers. The rest of animals by farmers, and at least 10 thousands years later. Other words, domestication of dog has nothing to do with domestication of farm animals. It means that nobody looked at domesticated dog and figured out how to domesticate pigs. Dogs were hunting with people, dogs were not in enclosure to be eaten. A very different function and purpose.



    Oh, because we didn't find it yet it didn't exist?! You have to admit, it is not very sound logic, nor a scientific approach. Moment ago you claimed that it didn't exist in Neolithic in Europe, till you learned that it was just found. You should have learned by your first mistake.

    What this has to do with haplogroup E? We still don't know if it was one of minority original farmer clade or was picked up from hunter gatherers in Europe, Near East or Africa, maybe picked up few times independently by farmers on different continents? Please don't create a fact from unknown history. At the moment we can talk about hypothetical scenarios, many of them, not only the one you believe in.
    The people who domesticated dogs went on to become farmers. Dog domestication was the first step to agriculture.

    From breeding dogs, prehistoric man likely learned to breed other animals.

    All agricultural civilizations have dogs, even the meso-americans had dogs. The Aztecs, Incas, Mayans had dogs, yet lacked sheep, goats, cows that weren't available in the Americas. They used them for hunting, protection, and for food. They went on to domesticate native American animals like llamas, turkeys, salamanders. They also domesticated American plant species that give us maize, tomatoes, potatoes, peppers, quinoa, etc.

    Meso-American civilization were very successful farmers even though they lacked beasts of burden like oxen, donkeys, and horses. The only domesticated species they had from Eurasia was the dog.


    As for haplogroup E, we can't assume they existed in pre-Neolothic or early Neolothic Europe because there is no evidence of them being present.

    We have a few skeletons that date around 5000-3000 BC... towards the very end of the Neolithic, towards the Bronze Age.

  20. #70
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Salmon View Post
    The people who domesticated dogs went on to become farmers. Dog domestication was the first step to agriculture.

    From breeding dogs, prehistoric man likely learned to breed other animals.

    All agricultural civilizations have dogs, even the meso-americans had dogs. The Aztecs, Incas, Mayans had dog when they lacked sheep, goats, cows that weren't available in the Americas. They used them for hunting, protection, and for food.
    You mean that people looked at dogs for at least 10 thousand years if not 30 (by some research) before they got the idea to domesticate others?! Man, I'm losing hope in human genius.

  21. #71
    Advisor Angela's Avatar
    Join Date
    02-01-11
    Posts
    19,140


    Ethnic group
    Italian
    Country: USA - New York



    There's one down side to this increase in our knowledge...the fact that E-V13 was in Europe for probably at least 7,000 years and maybe more would have given Hitler, that spawn of Satan, some comfort.

  22. #72
    Regular Member
    Join Date
    26-04-15
    Posts
    44


    Country: United States



    Quote Originally Posted by LeBrok View Post
    You mean that people looked at dogs for at least 10 thousand years if not 30 (by some research) before they got the idea to domesticate others?! Man, I'm losing hope in human genius.
    It's probably how it happened. Took a long time to get to the next step.

  23. #73
    Advisor LeBrok's Avatar
    Join Date
    18-11-09
    Location
    Calgary
    Posts
    10,295

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

    Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world
    Country: Canada-Alberta



    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    There's one down side to this increase in our knowledge...the fact that E-V13 was in Europe for probably at least 7,000 years and maybe more would have given Hitler, that spawn of Satan, some comfort.
    lol, good one.

  24. #74
    Earl Maleth's Avatar
    Join Date
    22-03-14
    Location
    Malta
    Posts
    1,919

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    EV13 A7136 y18675G+
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H

    Country: Malta



    1 members found this post helpful.
    Quote Originally Posted by Angela View Post
    There's one down side to this increase in our knowledge...the fact that E-V13 was in Europe for probably at least 7,000 years and maybe more would have given Hitler, that spawn of Satan, some comfort.
    ....need to get the next episode


  25. #75
    Regular Member Fluffy's Avatar
    Join Date
    05-11-14
    Posts
    179

    Y-DNA haplogroup
    G2a l497 s10458
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1n

    Ethnic group
    Dutch / French
    Country: Canada-Ontario



    Quote Originally Posted by Maleth View Post
    ....need to get the next episode

    Lol nice Maleth.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Similar Threads

  1. Adolf Hitler's Aryan theory rubbished by science
    By Goga in forum Paleogenetics
    Replies: 26
    Last Post: 22-11-13, 16:54
  2. Hitler's Mein Kempf
    By ricecake in forum European Culture & History
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 04-11-09, 13:40

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •