Votes: 26 21.8%
  • Earlier Neolithic or Mesolithic people

Votes: 4 3.4%
  • Other (please specify)

Votes: 9 7.6%

• Total voters
Whoops, never mind. I have the S47

Last edited:
I could make an argument that everything that made Rome great was actually Etruscan in origin.

Congratulations on your ignorance of Indo-European cultural influence on Romans.

Congratulations on your ignorance of Indo-European cultural influence on Romans.

Congratulations on your first infraction.

You're getting off to a really bad start.

We don't speak to each other like that on this site, or at least not without consequences.

Keep going and you'll be out of here very soon.

To be clear, no one doubts, certainly not I, that the Romans spoke an Indo-European language, had many cultural attributes of Indo-European culture etc. The fact remains that many of the hallmarks of Roman greatness came from the Etruscan culture.

Imo j2,j1 and the anatolian branch of R1b in Italy could be of greco-etruscan origin, RZ36 and RL2 of gaul origin(mostly clades of l2) and RZ56 of villanovan origins(some clades of l2 too).

I am U152, I do not have a subclade. Could that mean that my origins were at the beginning of the Hallstatt culture? Or what?

Hi Finnall
If your U152 result is from Living DNA then no surprise you got no subclade as think they only have L2 on their chip. There are three other subclades and each have numerous downstream SNPs. This site shows them
https://www.ytree.net/

In my mtDNA I have subclade I am X2 with subclade X2c2, in the Y-DNA I am only R-U152 (S28)

Hi everyone. Since i received my BigY-700 results i started to know more about Europe and Romans history as my Y haplogroup is R-Z193/PF6658 which is subclade of R-U152. I am from Egypt so it was surprising when i knew that i am descending from European ancestor. I am 75% Egyptian ,20% from Asia Minor , 2% south European and i never heard about any European ancestors in my family but may be because it happened long time ago. I think my subclade is still existing in some areas in Italy like Sardinia and Tuscany so one of the strongest possibilities that my family moved to Egypt during the Romans invasion to Egypt 2000 years ago. I read a research about a lot of documented marriages between Roman soldiers and Egyptian women though it wasn't legalised at the beginning but it is still an assumption until i find a close match some where in Europe. I am in the big tree under my last name Abdou and soon will be in YFull.

Hi

I am also Z193/PF6658. Most are L2

Hello,
I have followed discussions and this is my first time to post. I am a member of the FTDNA U-152 Project, kit N103272. My Big Y-700 results recently came back and I have been assigned to a new L2 subclade: L2>Z41150>BY4245>BY61747. YTree has not yet determined the age.
My most distant ancestor b. 1730, Jura, Argyleshire Scotland. I have only one R-BY61747 match from unknown origin. I have two matches at 37 marker; one of the matches is a also a descendant of my most distant known ancestor.
There is still much debate about the origin and spread of L2 and subclades. I am inclined to believe my BY61747 subclade is more Celtic than Italian. I am very curious about BY4245 "hot spots" and dispersal, and any ideas or thoughts about about BY61747.

R-M269>R-L23>R-L51>R-P310>R-L151>
R-P312>R-U152>R-L2>R-Z49>R-Z142>
R-Z51>R-L562>R-Z57>R-S1491>
R-Y23962>R-Y23964>R-Y23824>
R-FT109056>R-FT253317>R-FT253331>
R-M7964

I am wondering if my results fit the mold of La Tene expansion. Globetrekker states my lineage crossed from Europe to Britain at about 1500-1400bc. Isn't that in the bronze age? Seems too early for La Tene Celtic, no? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
It's the Romans.

Julius Caesar speaks clear about the brutality and totality of the Roman wars on the Gauls in his memoirs.

Besides, after the Empire disintegrated, U152 descendants may have needed the protection of the Roman Church to survive.

R-M269>R-L23>R-L51>R-P310>R-L151>
R-P312>R-U152>R-L2>R-Z49>R-Z142>
R-Z51>R-L562>R-Z57>R-S1491>
R-Y23962>R-Y23964>R-Y23824>
R-FT109056>R-FT253317>R-FT253331>
R-M7964

I am wondering if my results fit the mold of La Tene expansion. Globetrekker states my lineage crossed from Europe to Britain at about 1500-1400bc. Isn't that in the bronze age? Seems too early for La Tene Celtic, no? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Bronze Age migrations from the Middle and Upper Rhine through France and from France into Britain appear on the archaeological/archaeogenetic record. These were likely of a Proto-Celtic nature and connected with the spread of the Urnfield Culture from what I understand. This predated Hallstatt and La Tene.

It's the Romans.

Julius Caesar speaks clear about the brutality and totality of the Roman wars on the Gauls in his memoirs.

Besides, after the Empire disintegrated, U152 descendants may have needed the protection of the Roman Church to survive.
I highly doubt the male population was so catastrophically reduced and then left a vacuum to be filled with Roman-Italic Ydna. Italic Ydna is present in France in small numbers but easily outnumbered by native Gallic lineages found in ancient samples. Ancient Gallic autosomal dna is also similar to modern French with no significant difference.
Roman generals were always incentivized to exaggerate enemy casualties for the purpose of fame and a certain bodycount was required for them to be awarded a Triumph.

Bronze Age migrations from the Middle and Upper Rhine through France and from France into Britain appear on the archaeological/archaeogenetic record. These were likely of a Proto-Celtic nature and connected with the spread of the Urnfield Culture from what I understand. This predated Hallstatt and La Tene.

I highly doubt the male population was so catastrophically reduced and then left a vacuum to be filled with Roman-Italic Ydna. Italic Ydna is present in France in small numbers but easily outnumbered by native Gallic lineages found in ancient samples. Ancient Gallic autosomal dna is also similar to modern French with no significant difference.
Roman generals were always incentivized to exaggerate enemy casualties for the purpose of fame and a certain bodycount was required for them to be awarded a Triumph.
Thank you, Robotnick. I knew it was way before the Romans. I do share DNA with VK40 (Sweden), VK138 (Denmark), and VK335 (Sweden). However, mrca is more than 1950bc. I've been trying to figure the coorilation between these three and my migration pattern which appears to enter Britain just east of Normandy.

You'll have to explain what you mean here.

U152 carriers were in different parts of Europe as descendants of legionaries.

These men, after the Gothic migrations, were displaced from power.

This thread has been viewed 380204 times.

Back