Genetic of Italy (also taken from Wikipedia)

So big-lipped, ill-shaved swarthies like most of these men are "handsome"?:confused:

They probably take home bags of dirty washing for mamma to wash.

:embarassed: De gustibus non disputandum

Do you have similiar pics of females, too? ;)
caterina_balivo_madrina_dellevento_8515.jpg

bianca%2520guaccero4.jpg

sorridente_francesca_chillemi_ade4.jpg

Anna-Tatangelo1.jpg

i will continue later, also with the male picks

So big-lipped, ill-shaved swarthies like most of these men are "handsome"?:confused:

They probably take home bags of dirty washing for mamma to wash.
meeeeee ! shut up.

North, south, east, west, Italian women are generally quite lovely.

To (hopefully) understand the genetics of Italy, one has to check out its history.

All countries in Europe are a mixture of Y-DNA haplogroups (not just one)

To account for this variations one needs to understand this history of the Roman Empire and their slave trade.

The question: Where the slaves come from? (to supply over a million+ slaves to Rome, there is this article : The Roman slave supply, Walter Scheidel, Princeton and Stanford University 2007. PDF, page 13.., they were from; the Iberian peninsula, the southern Balkans, North Africa, Western Anatolia, Gaul, the Levant, Britain, Germany,, Parthia ,. "Roman merchants bartered Italian wine for CELTIC chattels.etc, etc etc."

Quote: "Roman law required dealers (in slavery) to disclose the ethinic origin of slaves."

Find article Yahoo or Google: The roman slave trade. www. princeton.edu etc.

All the above pictures clearly show the diversity of people that no doubt may be descendants of the million+ slaves of 2000 brought to Italy.

One has to consider the population of Rome prior to 2000 years ago to see the reality of the different haplogroups found in Italy today infused by the slave trade.

Consider also that most likely the vast majority of slaves were MALE, since they were needed for the workforce. And males do pro-create and spread their Y-DNA!!! Fast forward 2000 years and voila! Haplogroups tested in Italy, are: R1b, R1a, J1, J2, G, E3b, I etc., etc, .

One needed go back 20,000 years ago, just drop one 0 for a closer "reasonable" timeline.

Melusine

To account for this variations one needs to understand this history of the Roman Empire and their slave trade.

The question: Where the slaves come from? (to supply over a million+ slaves to Rome, there is this article : The Roman slave supply, Walter Scheidel, Princeton and Stanford University 2007. PDF, page 13.., they were from; the Iberian peninsula, the southern Balkans, North Africa, Western Anatolia, Gaul, the Levant, Britain, Germany,, Parthia ,. "Roman merchants bartered Italian wine for CELTIC chattels.etc, etc etc."

Quote: "Roman law required dealers (in slavery) to disclose the ethinic origin of slaves."

Find article Yahoo or Google: The roman slave trade. www. princeton.edu etc.

All the above pictures clearly show the diversity of people that no doubt may be descendants of the million+ slaves of 2000 brought to Italy.

One has to consider the population of Rome prior to 2000 years ago to see the reality of the different haplogroups found in Italy today infused by the slave trade.

Consider also that most likely the vast majority of slaves were MALE, since they were needed for the workforce. And males do pro-create and spread their Y-DNA!!! Fast forward 2000 years and voila! Haplogroups tested in Italy, are: R1b, R1a, J1, J2, G, E3b, I etc., etc, .

It's not just slaves, there were also many free immigrants who moved to Roman Italy. Just look at how many emperors they had who were of foreign extraction.

The latest genome-wide studies suggest North Italians resemble Spaniards while South Italians are closer to Greeks and Jews.

Tuscans are intermediate but closer genetically to North Italians.

I think there's not a big difference inside Italy. Of course the northerns are lighter...But the majority stay in a middle way!

i agree i don't see differences; however i don't know if you have seen the latest genetic studies on europeans populations:
italians
varies much more than anyother european populations, there's a high genetic difference in italy; sardinians have even their own genes, and genetcially they are relatively far from many other italians.
Northern italians are near spanish/portuguese french and swiss (more near to northern and north western europeans), southern italians are near greeks and south east balkans (they are more mediterranean and far from northern and north western europeans).

i agree i don't see differences; however i don't know if you have seen the latest genetic studies on europeans populations:
italians
varies much more than anyother european populations, there's a high genetic difference in italy; sardinians have even their own genes, and genetcially they are relatively far from many other italians.
Northern italians are near spanish/portuguese french and swiss (more near to northern and north western europeans), southern italians are near greeks and south east balkans (they are more mediterranean and far from northern and north western europeans).

Absolutely. All the autosomal DNA research shows that very clearly.

indeed, but i've never understood the high genetic distanc between sardinians and italians; italians seems much more near russians and poles than to sardinians

This thread has been viewed 259729 times.

Back