Eupedia Forums
Site NavigationEupedia Top > Eupedia Forum & Japan Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Who were Scythians?

Advisor Achievements:
    Three FriendsVeteranTagger First Class50000 Experience PointsRecommendation First Class
    Awards:
    Discussion Ender
    Level
    Level completed: 0%, Points required for next Level: 0
    Overall activity: 0%

Y-DNA haplogroup
    R1b Z2109
    MtDNA haplogroup
    H1c

Ethnic group
    Citizen of the world

N came from Uralic tribes to Iranians/Scytians and with them went South. Look at north Europe, there is so much N there.

Marquis Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

looking at map above, I think original Scythians were dominantly G2a (perhaps also J2 and I) because R1a seems a bit foreign to area of Caucasus, but G2a and I are much better in place there...

however it does fit trajectory of Scythians better than G2a does... and Caucasus was strategic place with lot of traffic... so R1a might have passed it but its trace could have been erased by subsequent movements of G2, J2 and I...

I think haplogroup I was dominant in Sarmatians who I propose origin dominantly from Cimmerians
    (see http://www.eupedia.com/forum/showthread.php?t=26070)
    and we do know that G2a is mark of Sarmatian Alani and is very dominant in Ossetians who are considered to origin from Alani... note that north Ossetians also have significant I haplogroup...
    So I think Scythians were mainly carriers of R1a afterall, and G2a and I2a2 together made Sarmatians..
    in fact what happened is that Sarmatians have pushed Scythians out of Caucasus

and pockets of R1a stayed south of Caucasus assimilated... and showing R1a islands there...

Marquis Achievements:
    1 year registered5000 Experience Points

Btw. Scythians dressed like this

note the very interesting, very Scythian, look of cap in national clothes of Balkar people

The Balkars (Karachay-Balkar: sg. таулу - tawlu, pl. таулула - tawlula) are a Turkic people of the Caucasus region, one the titular populations of Kabardino-Balkaria. Their Karachay-Balkar language is of the Ponto-Caspian subgroup of the Northwestern (Kypchak) group of Turkic languages.

The origins of the Balkar people have not yet been definitively established: various hypotheses have associated them with the Huns, the Khazars, the Bulgars, the Alans, the Zikhs, the Brukhs, the Kipchaks (Qïpchaqs, Polovtsians), the Vengrians, the Chekhs, the Mongol Tatars, the Crimean Tatars, and Turkicized Japhetic groups. Some contemporary scholars attribute their origin to a cultural conglomeration of northern Caucasian tribes with the Iranian-speaking Alans and with Turkish-speaking tribes, among which the most significant were probably the Black Bulgars and the Western Kipchaks. Elements of Balkar culture indicate a long association with the Near East, the Mediterranean, the rest of the Caucasus, and Russia. In the pre-Mongol period (before the thirteenth century) the Balkars were part of the Alan union of tribes, but after the Mongol invasion they retreated into the canyons of the central Caucasus.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Balkars

Marquis Achievements:
    Veteran5000 Experience Points
    Level
    Level completed: 32%, Points required for next Level: 344

Ethnic group
    Greeks

although it seems that this has nothing to do, may i remind you,
    that in case of callash

ALEXANDER THE GREAT,
    And the big G ratio in Greek Makedonia
    cause i m also a G2 makedonian

Regular Member Achievements:
    1 year registered1000 Experience Points

Level
    Level completed: 26%, Points required for next Level: 149

Ethnic group
    Turkish,Albanian

scythians mostly r1a group of the central asian tribe. they are union like a hunnic empire. and i dont think they speaking only iran language, also turkic.

scythians culture is a harmonize culture of west iranian/turkic

if we wanna get contact with genetics/also culture altai/sakha turks mostly descent of them. today sakha turks say for yourself we come from scythians/saka. this show us these peoples contact so much. and i think scythians a reason for why central asians have so much r1a hablogroup.(most high degree on the world the altaians.) if anyone says our ancestors are scythians these people firstly must be sogdians/osetians /central asian turkic peoples and i think eastern europeans too(slavs)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12