sea peoples

yes, because SRD root in name and because Sardinia is an island in Mediteranean...
J2b1 better explains order of conquest that included lands such as Hatti kingdom..
I think they went to Black sea coast on Hatti state and continued by land to Syria.....
through the lands of nowadays Kurds

How the could their haplogroup be known if we don't even have samples from them???

Is this something you came up with on your own, or do you actually have some reference for this?

How the could their haplogroup be known if we don't even have samples from them???

Is this something you came up with on your own, or do you actually have some reference for this?

its just my educated guess

Well actually I think the scholars who theorized they came from Sardinia are a little more educated on their guess.
Sardinia was their educated guess prior to genetics...

J2b1 theory doesnot exclude Sardinia... maybe map of J2b1 is incomplete or J2b1 disappeared from Sardinia during the times...

J2b1 theory doesnot exclude Sardinia... maybe map of J2b1 is incomplete or J2b1 disappeared from there during the times...

Again, we don't have sample from them. Also, look at the map legend, >5% in Cypriots, which is most likely from Greeks or earlier settlement.

Was? They still theorize they come from Sardinia.

Also, Sherden is what the Egyptians called them. What we know about them comes from their accounts.

Again, we don't have sample from them. Also, look at the map legend, >5% in Cypriots, which is most likely from Greeks or earlier settlement.

Was? They still theorize they come from Sardinia.

Also, Sherden is what the Egyptians called them. What we know about them comes from their accounts.

Good clue for Sardinia are horns...
Sherdana had them on Egyptian pictures and there are nuragic Sardinian figures with horns...

90px-Bronzetto_nuragico_Sulcis.jpg

in that case I2a1 fits better...Sardis and Scordisci link is still valid

Haplogroup_I2a.gif

This thread has been viewed 135965 times.

Back