New map of haplogroup J2 (Y-DNA)

Anyone has an idea whether the J2 in Cyprus is primarily J2a or J2b?

There's a lot of J2 in Italy 0_0

Don't forget Y-G2a for agriculture (but their more mountainous distributions could be explained by A) a firts demic wave) B) an economy more centered on caprins/ovins breeding? it seems that G2 was very strong among and 'danubians' and "seafarers peasants" - and Y-J2 is geographically roughly divided in J2a and J2b: J2b seems denser in Balkans, North to Greece, and less strong in other S-E european regions - I think it's J2b that is linked to agriculture as a wave older than the J82a wave (but I lack reliable and numerous data, as a lot of us here) - J2a could more lonked to Bronze and Iron Ages, I bet, lacking more confidence...

Haplogroup J2 M172 & Expansion Map of the Roman Empire.
1150305_591299907594835_72728669_n.jpg

Haplogroup J2 M172 - Roman Republic.
1236259_591804834211009_98755787_n.jpg

Please help ? J2 is semitic/arabic? people who have j2 haplogroup can they have blond blue eye/colored eyes?

Ancient Anatolians have J2 haplogroup?

Burt Bacharach have j2 dna he look white :)

My brother and I are both J2. I have green eyes and he has blue eyes. Our Paternal ancestry is French from Norman stock.

Off course they can have it and lots of them do:) Do not put that much into connection between Y Haplogroup and looks :)

I know tested people and often the most blond and light eyed are E-V13 and J2 :)

Also a Haplogroup could not be Semitic of Arabic, these are languages :)

Maciamo could you maybe made e separation between J2a and J2b in the Charts or you think it would not be necessary since the lines share the J2 mutations and are too close? So J2a and J2b are like R1a-Z280 and R1a-Z93 so to say, different but yet both R1a?

Maciamo could you maybe made e separation between J2a and J2b in the Charts or you think it would not be necessary since the lines share the J2 mutations and are too close? So J2a and J2b are like R1a-Z280 and R1a-Z93 so to say, different but yet both R1a?
J2a to J2b is like R1a to R1b. This makes the most sense in my opinion.

J2a to J2b is like R1a to R1b. This makes the most sense in my opinion.

But if it was like this there would have been no J2,just J2a and J2b, so both J2a and J2b are just part of J2, while R1a an d R1b are different, almost nobody talks about R1 and here there is not frequency for R1 but R1a and R1b :)

But if it was like this there would have been no J2,just J2a and J2b, so both J2a and J2b are just part of J2, while R1a an d R1b are different, almost nobody talks about R1 and here there is not frequency for R1 but R1a and R1b :)
It is exactly how I wrote it. The clades have similar ages too, you should stop doubting.

Noone is "simply J2" or "simply J1". If they are of unknown clade, they will have an asterix sign next to it: *

It is exactly how I wrote it. The clades have similar ages too, you should stop doubting.

Noone is "simply J2" or "simply J1". If they are of unknown clade, they will have an asterix sign next to it: *

R1a and R1b are different lines, while J2a and J2b are different sublines of the same line, all J2b people are also J2 so are all J2a people :)

R1a and R1b are different lines, while J2a and J2b are different sublines of the same line, all J2b people are also J2 so are all J2a people :)

And all R1a and R1b are sublines of R1. And R1 and R2 are sublines of R.

I think you're missing the point. You're dead wrong. R1a and R1b are also different sublines of the same R1 line. All R1a people are also R1, so are R1b people. There father is R1 much the same as J2 is the father of J2a and J2b. Use common sense.

We cross posted, Dibran. :)

Exactly so.

Being of 100% North-western European (Saxon/Dutch, possibly British, along with Danish) stock, the fact that my haplogroup is so uncommon that far north intrigues me. I expected to be R1a or b, not like J2.

This thread has been viewed 86931 times.

Back