New map of haplogroup J2 (Y-DNA)

I thought perhaps we are all being stubborn and not really listening to what you're saying, so I went and I checked what Maciamo wrote on J2. I still don't get your point.

I guess you'd have to provide a paragraph written by him or geneticists.

yaan seems to be saying -

nobody speaks about R1 haplogroup, they only speak about R1a or R1b , so

nobody should speak about J2, but should only speak about J2a or J2b

yaan seems to be saying -

nobody speaks about R1 haplogroup, they only speak about R1a or R1b , so

nobody should speak about J2, but should only speak about J2a or J2b

Yes this is all I was saying :) So people do understand :)

I have asked Maciamo some years ago to make a separate chart for J2a and J2b but he said that it is not necessary, because unlike R1a and R1b, J2a and J2b are not apart enough :) I do see his point and so do all Genetic people :)

I have no idea what's going on and who's claiming what. I'm out.

And there we go again: uninformed, insistent people ruin a perfectly good thread because informed posters drop out. I don't know a way to stop it. The rules don't allow bans for being both uninformed and stubborn.

And there we go again: uninformed, insistent people ruin a perfectly good thread because informed posters drop out. I don't know a way to stop it. The rules don't allow bans for being both uninformed and stubborn.

Informed people like me say there is a haplogroup J2, people like you say no, no, no, no there is Haplogroup J2a and another one J2b. What of the things I have said is not right? Can you please say what of the things I have said is not right? Maciamo and genetics think like me and you and a bunch of nationalist Albanians come here to stalk me and in the end I deserve a ban....

Informed people like me say there is a haplogroup J2, people like you say no, no, no, no there is Haplogroup J2a and another one J2b. What of the things I have said is not right? Can you please say what of the things I have said is not right? Maciamo and genetics think like me and you and a bunch of nationalist Albanians come here to stalk me and in the end I deserve a ban....

Dude, just drop it. You're dead wrong and so is Maciamo if he ever said that to you. Read Trojet's post up above your nonsense and educate yourself.

No one here has said that there is no haplogroup J2.

Forget it, this is pointless.

My advice to other members: ignore these posts.
Yaan, Angela never said there's no J2 and neither has anyone else.

Dude, just drop it. You're dead wrong and so is Maciamo if he ever said that to you. Read Trojet's post up above your nonsense and educate yourself.

All I said it there is no separate haplogroup J2a or J2b there is a haplogroup called J2.

So you say there is no haplogroup called J2? Check the chart here in the site please!

Then what is the problem? I said there is no J2a or J2b only J2, which has asubtubes of J2a and J2b, why are they ******** me then ?

Then what is the problem? I said there is no J2a or J2b only J2, which has asubtubes of J2a and J2b, why are they ******** me then ?

Yaan, this post should have been sufficient in clearing things up for you:

It was a typo, already corrected. You jumped the gun. Had you bothered to click the link you would have seen I specifically linked to the eupedia article.

"Yes, J2a and J2b are both "sublines" of J2."

bd487cd0228cf9c56ab763b0811370ff.png

phylogenetic_trees_Y-DNA_haplogroups.shtml

R1a and R1b also split from a common ancestor: R1. Look at the damn links to the y phylogeny. R1a and R1b are not "more" separate lines than J2 or J2a or J2b are. They're all separate lines.

You seem to have a problem with logic and with that I can't help you.

I still do not see why they have attacked me? I have said there is no J2a Haplogroup or J2b Haplogroup only J2 Haplogroup, a and b are just subtypes.

J2a and J2b are like R1a-M458 and R1a -Z93! Because both of the first are Haplogroup J2 and the second haplogroup R1a .

All J2a men are also J2 so are all J2b men, so if we all agree on this what is the problem and why are we still leading this discussion? :)

Think of J2 as a chocolate donut. J2a is a chocolate donut with frosting, and J2b is a glazed chocolate donut. They are variations of the same kind of donut: chocolate

Think of J2 as a chocolate donut. J2a is a chocolate donut with frosting, and J2b is a glazed chocolate donut. They are variations of the same kind of donut: chocolate

This is exactly what I am saying

I still do not see why they have attacked me? I have said there is no J2a Haplogroup or J2b Haplogroup only J2 Haplogroup, a and b are just subtypes.
J2a and J2b are also haplogroups, they are not any less haplogroups than J2 is a haplogroup. J2 is 'just a subtype' of J, J is 'just a subtype' of IJ, etc back to the beginning of humans. And J2b1 is a haplogroup, and J2b1a is haplogroup, and so on down.

J2a and J2b are also haplogroups, they are not any less haplogroups than J2 is a haplogroup. J2 is 'just a subtype' of J, J is 'just a subtype' of IJ, etc back to the beginning of humans. And J2b1 is a haplogroup, and J2b1a is haplogroup, and so on down.

This is missing the point, here we are talking is J2 a haplogroup yes or no and the answer is yes :)

J2, J2a, and J2b are all haplogroups

J2a is a haplogroup, J2b is a haplogroup; both of them are descendants of J2 which is it's own haplogroup.

Yes exactly :) I am saying that there is a Haplogroup called J2, which has 2 major subtypes J2a and J2b, while the guys here say- No it is stupid, actually there is no Haplogroup J2, there is one Called J2a and a different one called J2b :)

No one has said this.

Last edited:
OK, so you have been arguing for pages because even though everyone agrees about everything, people are confused by your wording in English? OK, so stop, we all agree, you have expressed yourself badly in another language, that is no crime.

(All Y haplogroups *are* A, just as all mt haplogroups are L. I think people *not* saying this causes far more confusion than otherwise. But this is even more off-topic.)

This thread has been viewed 86929 times.

Back